News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

nameless inventory items

Started by marmaladema, May 16, 2017, 11:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marmaladema

Due to a POS computer who can't keep up if I am running CC, I have to run without.  Knowing my luck, this is probably why these things are happening...

I'm not sure if it is a mod order thing or what, but random things show with no name in the inventory. When this happens, facilities which need those items for the next step of production do not recognize them, and the chain is broken.  EXAMPLE: the current town does not have firewood listed with a name.  my woodcutters are cutting it and keeping with the quota, but my char burner has nothing to fuel it, my soup/bbq cannot find it to make anything.

ALSO, at the same time, coal is an issue.  inventory says coal, but my vanilla blacksmith cannot get it to make steel tools.  My village blacksmith can find it to make hardened tools, but not steel tools.

And then there is flax.  I am starting to hate flax.  I can grow it and gather it, but my maritimes ropemaker cannot seem to figure out that they need it to make rope - even when I am growing the 2 seeds for it that are available.  So it sits and stockpiles and wastes space.  Without the flax gatherer mod (which then gave me THREE different flax seeds - none of which work for the ropemaker, btw), I cannot make linen clothing either - it is not an option on village or maritimes tailors.

can't live with them... apparently my bannies cannot live without them.

Help?

Gatherer

Sounds like mod load order problems.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Tom Sawyer

I also think there are mods combined which doesn't work together in this order. You can try to sort them till you get a consistent game or list them here to let us look at it.

brads3

this is an ongoing situation with the change to 1.07 banished.  with the community icon now meaning most mods will be red, it is harder to configure mod  orders. i am going to throw 50 questios at you. 1>  what version banished are you running? at the bottom of the game screen it should say banished 1.07.
2> how many mods do you have? how many are 1.06 versions? how many are before the 1.06? do you have the CC ompatability mod 1.07? that mod may fix most of these issues. do you have the newest versions of the mods? some have been updated rather quickly the last few months. the original maritimes had the issue you mentioned but i believe it has been fixed. when you say a chain is broke, did you make the items you need fr5om buildings in the same mod?? say you make charcoal from 1 mod and try to use it to another mod,you will run into these issues more than if you use charcoal and a BS from the same mod. from the TH inventory do you show firewood? the buildings don't read items like you and i do. they read via the code and flags. so if a building makes charcoal but tags it industrial fual and the old way it was as coal or firewood then it is not the same.
    from my testing so far, mod order can help with this. the compatability mod that CC made helps also. what i see is thr main buildings being affected are the black smiths and any of the production chains from CC. textiles seem to work fine. my older market buildings do work still.since i reorganized and upgraded most of my mods,i have not seen blank tags in the inventory or a trade post. i do have merchants now and then that don't like what i have to trade but that isn't a issue.
   i would recommend the compatability1.07 mod from CC. i actually use both the older compatability mod and the new.i hope by now you have the maritimes mod sets not just the original large mod. after that it will be more about mod order. anything that affects the start settings goes to the top: more wood,no rain,no smoke,age mods,the new pine forest mod and NAT DIV. then i would put sets together by designer. KIDS,EMB,REDS,etc.i put CC toward the bottom but above mods i do know had problems or worked different than the CC. before i start doing the list i go down it turning everything on. then go back up and throw anything red to the top. this organizes the mods that don't matter to the bottom out of the way.if you then go back to the bottom and click a mod it will go to the top. so say you want to move all of KIDS mods together.instead of moving each mod,you throw them to the top. then they are all grouped.once the mods are grouped then there is less mods to be moved individually.
    hope that helps solve most of your issues. we have seen several changes lately that will make the game better but it takes time for everyone to get caught up.

marmaladema

Quote from: brads3 on May 16, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
this is an ongoing situation with the change to 1.07 banished.  with the community icon now meaning most mods will be red, it is harder to configure mod  orders. i am going to throw 50 questios at you. 1>  what version banished are you running? at the bottom of the game screen it should say banished 1.07.
2> how many mods do you have? how many are 1.06 versions? how many are before the 1.06? do you have the CC ompatability mod 1.07? that mod may fix most of these issues. do you have the newest versions of the mods? some have been updated rather quickly the last few months. the original maritimes had the issue you mentioned but i believe it has been fixed. when you say a chain is broke, did you make the items you need fr5om buildings in the same mod?? say you make charcoal from 1 mod and try to use it to another mod,you will run into these issues more than if you use charcoal and a BS from the same mod. from the TH inventory do you show firewood? the buildings don't read items like you and i do. they read via the code and flags. so if a building makes charcoal but tags it industrial fual and the old way it was as coal or firewood then it is not the same.

I am running 1.07.

I have several mods going, but I have even tried to go with just the maritimes, EB's 2 production ones and DS Village ones - and it still does it.  Although in nosing around further, it also seems that plums are on the "those that shall not be named" today, and the winery cannot find them to make wine.  That was my starting orchard option (for once, it wasn't a nut!)  The ones I have are (the "updated" ones since v1.07 came out.  I actually moved the 1.06 ones to another folder since I was trying to avoid incompatibility crashes.

With EB's prodution ones, I cannot use the salt at all - as soon as it finishes building, I crash.  Try to reload the game and it crashes so fast I cannot even pause to try to destroy it.  I just avoid it altogether, since no one else is having an issue so it must be something else not playing nice on my end.  Also, if I use the apothecary, it needs glassware.  So I get the shorefolk digging sand... and build a glassmaker.  No matter what I tweak or do, the glassmaker refuses to use the coal hogging my storage piles, so I have to build a char burner to make charcoal by burning firewood.  It can find the firewood (that takes my woodcutters forever to cut) and use it.  But if my firewood is in the zone of unnamed materials, the char burner does not find it and doesn't make charcoal.  I did notice on the info box on the char burner it is considered industrial fuel.

I have had some mods come with .rsc files - but I cannot figure out what I am supposed to do with them (or IF I am supposed to be doing something with them).

I have looked high and low for the CC compatibility mod for 1.07 but have yet to find one that will actually download. 

QueryEverything

Hi @marmaladema  Sorry to read that you're having issues.
Let's see if we can simplify the Q&A into bite sized pieces.

- Which version of Banished are you running?  --  Answered:  v1.07
- Are all the mods that you have installed updated to the most current ones?

- Flax, this is a known issue with the Maritimes mods that @Necora has put out. 
The Flax Necora's mods needs, is it's own flax, and will not work with Wild Flax, nor Cultivated Flax.  They come from other mods - so, the best way to ensure that the Maritimes rope makers function, is by using the Maritimes Foresters & Gatherers, which will produce their own flax for the mods.  Make sure that you do have the Maritimes Pine Set installed, as well as the Fisheries one. 

- Firewood, I'm not sure what would be causing this, but, there are many mods out there that change icons 'sprites' around, that they may have conflicted with the Firewood.  I would disable all mods, then enable them in the ideal order that's needed. 

- Other missing sprites, again, and I agree with @Gatherer this all sounds very much like a load order issue, and perhaps an older mod listed above a newer mod.

- .rsc files, they are for other modders who need to know information about the mods, for compatibility etc - you can just send those to the trash can.

- The CC compatibility mod, is more for MM, and you don't need it unless you are running mm or CC, which I believe you're not due to your POS computer ( ) so, it's not something you need, however, if you do decide to run MM or CC, you will need it, and so I've added a screenshot with it's load order, that's needed for it to work correctly.  You do NOT need to run 2 versions of the compatibility mod, only the most current one from the BL page. 
If you can't download it from BL (some users have download issues), if you ask, the modder may upload to google or dropbox. 
http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/167-107-compatibility-for-megamod-007/
***you do not need it if it's only for CC, though some have shown some improvements, and again, you don't need 2 versions, just the one

- Best advice:  Disable all the mods, make sure you have all the most current versions of your mods, then load the game again - enable the mods, arrange them in the best order possible, then EXIT the game entirely, then load the game.
Start a small map and see what happens.The screenshots below show you the basic load order that I know works with their compatible mods, it's certainly not all my mods, there are too many for that screenshot, but these are ones where I know they are reliant on other items.  It was current up to last weekend, there have been new mods listed since then, so just keep that in mind. 

---
Enable top to bottom, file "b" is another set of mods you haven't mentioned, so omitted from this list

Maritimes & other start affecting mods first, file "a"
Maritimes set file "c"
MM & CC load order file "d"

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

marmaladema

that is much the same order I have things - although my flora seems to never gather anything so I do not have it enabled.  I am about to embark on another round of "add them back in" to see where my issue may lie.  I am also going to try to get the compat mod and see if maybe it helps. 

Does the order the maritimes mods are in make a difference?

brads3

it is possable that you can catch an error that nobody has found yet. just cause nobody reported 1 doesn't mean there isn't 1. things are happening so fast lately that many are testing or playing short games then uploading more mods. we might test a few buildings in a set but miss 1 or 2 especially dealing with chains.  and the errors sometimes are goofy. the other day was a strange 1 where a building had to face a cerain way to work.never seen that glitch before.
   what woodchopper are you using to cut the firewood? did you use the 1.07 before adding mods to it? it could be something with the file. lately there have been problems with mods downloading only part way. i would think if the 1.07 had short-loaded it would not work at all though. when you say "maritimes" do you mean the separate mods or the original mod that NECORA made?  did EB's production set come in 1 pkm or several files?? i actually loaded several of the individual mods but not the sets. does it say in the mod order the version of the EB mod?
  you are enabling mods and then exiting completely and then restarting banished right?? i am glad you are finding the problems. then they can be fixed.try to turn off just the EB mod and see what happens then. what TH are you using to see inventory?

QueryEverything

@marmaladema yes, the Maritimes need to be listed in the 'most current' to last order, in fact @Necora released 2 new updates today, and makes a note in the file information that all his mods need to be listed:

QuoteCurrent Compatibility Issues

Other Maritimes Mods - While I am updating the maritimes collection, there might be compatibility issues between individual mods of the collection until they are all up to date. For best practices, make sure that the most recent Maritimes Mods are above the older ones. In this case, anything released before May 1st 2017 should be placed below any mods released after this date.

Maritimes Nova Scotia Inshore Fisheries V103
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1540.msg33817#msg33817

Maritimes Prince Edward Island Shore Fisheries
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1477.msg33816#msg33816

Were both updated today.

-----
New Flora needs to be listed in the order as shown, if you want the New Flora items to show natively on the map when you first load it, then you need to have it above the Maritimes Pines Start Mod (screenshot A), this will then override all of the growing items that Necora's mod shows, but will grow the items from New Flora.
If you have New Flora under Maritimes AND NatDiv (Bartender's) then no, it won't grow any items.
As long as you have it in the order I've shown - it does work. 
You need to use the harvesters in the Vanilla gatherers menu, the New Flora gatherer & the Honey gatherer. 

If, like me you have 2 of the gatherers shown in the menu (which you shouldn't as you don't have MM, but, in case you do), then you need to just place both and see which one works! :)

These load orders have been shown to work on a number of different players maps, so in theory they should work with yours, making sure that the map starter mods (NF & MP) are right near the very top of the load order. 

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Hi @marmaladema

The salt works crashes as you build it?
I knew it had crashes because the salt needed 3 meshes for the storage pile the salt goes on while in my first personal testing I had it go to the barn.
Changed it before release and completely forgot about the 3 meshes.
This is fixed a while ago.

My winery indeed require plums, besides grapes and cherry, but I just make a reference to the Vanilla Plum and cherry raw material files without making any changes.

I loaded game with my 2 production mods loaded and all went fine. Build a shore hut and sand was gathered and stored on storage pile.
Build a glassmaker and glass was made with sand and coal.

Cola is also just a reference to the vanilla coal raw material file.

I checked the icons for plum and firewood and both were there.

It looks like some other mod is overwriting the vanilla plum and firewood files?

Charcoal is indeed flagged as Industrial Fuel in my mod.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Necora

@marmaladema Sorry to see you are having issues. Could you post a screen shot of your mod list when these errors occur? Or just list the mods and their version numbers.

brads3

good info EMB. that helps. what gets me is his firewood is blank tagging. very odd.

marmaladema

so far, so good. reorganized the mod list, started a new town. every now and then I would save, add a 2-3 mods...refresh... have another shot. 

I am thinking something with the order of the maritimes was to blame?  With the reordering so the pine was near the top rather than the bottom of them, I now have a totally different look to the ropemaker and dory builder. 

So far, there are no mystery items in my inventory.  Plums are plums and then they are wine.  Firewood is firewood. 

Now going to test the glassmaker issue.  If that goes well, then I am going to see if the salt issue persists. 

Fingers crossed.  This weather is keeping me from sleeping, so I have time to fiddle with this tonight.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help!

brads3

QueryEverything

@marmaladema great news :)
It makes such a difference when you have the most up to date versions and tweaking the mod order :) 
If you have any more issues, it may help if you upload a screenshot of the mods you have enabled, if possible. :D