News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Tom Sawyer's: Norseman, Real Time Aging

Started by QueryEverything, May 25, 2017, 07:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Hi @Tom Sawyer :)

Just loaded Steam and I saw the new mod, released May 19, will it work with both Ban 1.0.6 & Ban 1.0.7 ?
I use Banished + MM + CC, and have only recently started to think about an aging mod, and a couple of other 'system mods', when this popped up in my news feed.

Norseman
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=928177608

It says in the blurb:

QuoteTough people from the North. A real time mod for your Nordic adventure or wherever you want.
Racial bonus: People carry 20% more resources and survive longer in the cold.

- Real time aging
- Student or worker with 10 years
- Marriages with 16+
- Childbearing from 16 to 40 years
- Max age about 70 years
- Required food / year: 100
- Capacity of laborers: 120

- Cold resistance: + 20%

Now, I'm a South gal (Aussie represent!) but, I like this idea, as even on a Mild climate - I get so much snow!  I figure my Bannies could use a little 'pick me up' and booster pack.
Do you have the stand alone mod available, or is it just through Steam at this time?

Many thanks in advance :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Tom Sawyer

It was a funny idea I had a week ago and did not post here yet. It's something like choosing your people for the adventure with a certain bonus and for the right feeling in the North. It has an effect in game but a booster it's rather not. ;D

It works with 1.0.6 as well as beta and also with CC and MM. Here is a download link: Norseman.pkm

ancientmuse

Wait what ?

Norseman bannie peeps ??

Oooooo... me want !

*rawr*

QueryEverything

Hiya, just wanted to say I've been using this for the last few days, and it's been excellent.
I've had to adjust my gameplay slightly, but that's for the better :)  And no bugs from what I've seen.  :)

Thanks for sharing @Tom Sawyer  :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

thanks Tom, a good addition for the North and a nice alternative proper time or 1:1 aging.   :)

Necora

Hi @Tom Sawyer I decided to give this a go and I really like it. It is a much more relaxed speed of game play than vanilla which I've been playing lately. It really shows the difference when I can have 3 children in the house, with vanilla I never saw more than two.

One thing I have noticed though is that I am getting a lot of young single people living in homes and counting as a family. I see that they are meant to be married at 16, so perhaps this is why, but is there any way to either stop them from moving out and counting as a family before 16 or is this just part of the game we can't do much with? It's not much of a bother, but I can see that if you go by the families:homes in the town hall, eventually when they get old enough to couple up you'd end up with a lot of empty houses.

brads3

i use the propertime mod,simialr in that it ages 1:1 yr and school age is 10-16. i ignor the families count.in early game you can check houses,so build houses based on the females and their ages.  before i build a school if i want the population boost,i build when females are 15.the males will pair as they age up. if i have the school then i build when females hit 16+. after the town grows i try to keep the houses for every 2 adults. remeber the house count=houses+ BOARDING HOUSES.that seems to balance it so they don't move and stay single.  it is a general guide though. if the game gave you all male kids at the start i'd adjust it or else you won't have babies.if it did that i would build houses with the males younger so the game would give you more childrwn quicker.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Necora on June 02, 2017, 03:38:50 PM
Hi @Tom Sawyer I decided to give this a go and I really like it. It is a much more relaxed speed of game play than vanilla which I've been playing lately. It really shows the difference when I can have 3 children in the house, with vanilla I never saw more than two.

One thing I have noticed though is that I am getting a lot of young single people living in homes and counting as a family. I see that they are meant to be married at 16, so perhaps this is why, but is there any way to either stop them from moving out and counting as a family before 16 or is this just part of the game we can't do much with? It's not much of a bother, but I can see that if you go by the families:homes in the town hall, eventually when they get old enough to couple up you'd end up with a lot of empty houses.

@Necora  I noticed that too, but I've been playing on debug for quick builds for the screenshots the last few days, so figured it was just random because I was quick building houses, then adding in bunches of nomads each time.  I didn't think it was any different due to the mod - though it does make sense.

When I get really odd bits like this (in a game I'm playing through, not styling), I 0 my builders, then demolish all houses but approx 5 (enough that they can go to visit for warmth), then cancel demolition in groups of 10 houses, until things start to balance again.  It's a pain the a$$ so I try not to do it - but it can't be helped in some villages.

I will keep a better eye on it, see if it happens on my next playthrough map.

Nilla

It's a problem you'll have in any mod, that raises the age of getting married higher, than the age someone might get adult. It's a bigger problem, if you have no school. You will have a lot of 10-15 years old, that moves to a new house. They live there alone until they are 15, then they move together with another probably single living partner and you'll get a free house, without really planning it, and you might get the issues Query talks about; separated couples. These you can force together again by "fake demolish" the houses but this doesn't work on young singles. If you have schools, you might see this as well, but not so often and normally not for long. (Only the short time between graduation and age of getting adult) It might happen if a nomad family arrives with 3 children, one of them say11 years old, and you build a house. This 11 year old might as well move into this house, as the whole family.

I don't think there's much to do about it, if you want to avoid these 10 years old getting married and 11 years old girls getting babies. It was discussed way back somewhere and I don´t anyone found anything to do about it.