News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished to the North and Iron production issues

Started by Lambytoes, June 19, 2017, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambytoes

I tried searching for this issue but came up with nothing, so asking here:

I just subscribed to the Nordic Mod, which I so far love but I can't figure out how to produce Iron. I can collect Bog Iron from the ground, and I can use charcoal to smelt Iron Bloom, but it seems that in order to turn the bloom into actual Iron bars I need to build a Smithy. Here's the probably I am not sure how to figure out... the Smithy requires 30+ Iron bars to build. 

What am I missing? I started with the Shepherd starting conditions, so there are no logs, stone, or iron available unless I produce them. It seems like an impossible task if I cannot build the building I need in order to produce Iron from Iron Ore.

Any help?

Gatherer

Buy the first batch of iron from the merchants.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Lambytoes

QuoteBuy the first batch of iron from the merchants.

This would be an excellent idea if the trading post didn't also require iron to build!  :D

Abandoned

The blacksmith with make iron and then he can make iron tools.

Gatherer

Hmm...What other mods do you have loaded? And in what order? Is it possible that some other mod is loaded above the north that is overwriting some values?

I haven't played the north mod yet myself. I know that it happens with brickmaker building where you have to buy bricks to build it first. But that was made deliberate by the mod maker.
Fiat panis.

Lambytoes

That is a possibility for sure. I will have to look at the other mods. Normally I think the blacksmith (not the smithy) will produce Iron from Iron ore, or Iron Bloom, but in this game the Blacksmith will only produce tools (from logs, stone and iron)

I hadn't considered checking Mod order. I will do that now!

Lambytoes

QuoteWhat other mods do you have loaded? And in what order? Is it possible that some other mod is loaded above the north that is overwriting some values?

Thank You!

It seems that was the problem. I had the Medieval Mod and Banished Plus loaded first. I changed the order and now the Smithy only requires logs and stone to build.

Much appreciated!

Gatherer

Fiat panis.

twilightbreeze

You must have another mod loaded as well, that offers the smithy. Try the "vanilla" blacksmith, it does not require iron to build and it makes iron from charcoal and bloom.

I also play the North, and I've never had a problem. I think you have another building for "Smithy" in there, and another mod also loaded.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.