News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: BEVERSET town #2

Started by brads3, May 27, 2017, 10:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

1 mod change: ketchup has been moved below CC to fix the tomato seed label.that was the only known glicth. all other mods are the same as FORT LANDING.

map settings:valleys,very large map,mild and medium start. same also except more land and less water
   code: Beverset 254180752

YEAR 1 TO 3:
        a merchant was kind enough to give 14 of us a ride out of the cove and up a river. he said he would check back now and then to see how we were doing.having spent all his time on the water, he could offer little information as to what we might encounter farther inland.he did mention there were INDIAN villages farther up the river and he knew of other groups that followed the bison herds.
        we were given some seeds and supplies. we would grow apples,wheat,and potatoes.the fort governor requested that we establish a lumber town and send logs and food back to the fort.
       land is cleared for 2 fields and an orchard.a quick hunter will supply food for the summer.our mini Th and some workplaces will be built before we start constructing houses.by fall, the construction was completed.5 houses.woodcutter,tailor,and mini blacksmith. all with their own sheds.and our mini TH.
    our wheat field that was cleared and planted 1st produced better here away from the salty ocean air.it yielded 700 wheat.we had good fertile soil here.

by the following summer,we already needed more storage. an EB bs market would keep supplies handy for the toolmaker and woodcutter.thinking ahead we decided to build a mineral market too. by winter our potatoes produced over 600 and our aples  over 1300 and still they were falling.the merchant had dropped us at a very good spot.we were filling storages so fast,  the bannies began to throw boxes behind their homes.

in year 3,we began construction on larger storage markets just up hill from the river. the merchant had warned us it that it often flooded in spring and fall. we could see the debris and the high rocky bluffs it had created as it wound around through this valley.in case the children waundered too close, a lookout tower would keep watch. hopefully,he will spot traveling merchants or Indians.a cemetary is planned next.hopefully, it will not be needed for quite some time.

pic 1:start settings.
pic 2: overall basic start village.year 2 inventory.
pic 3: slinks industrial and farmers markets on a knoll above the river.year 3 inventory.

Nilla

What? You abandoned your landing place, just as it started to be funny? Starvation and such things! ;)

In any case; I wish you luck. In any case; this map will be easier!

brads3

thanks alot. the fort did its job and with the barracks full it was time to send settlers out. i had wanted to get the production and trading up more though.

brads3

YEAR 4:

as the last of the snow falls,i took time to check the inventories of out houses.everyone is well stocked.they prefer firewood. after talking with the families,i am confused as to why some choose not to use thatch any more than why some like onions and others do not.this group of bannies like others i have seen before have minds of their owns. as long as they are happy and healthy,i will not be concrened.
    a well is dug so we don't have to carry water so far. i do hate having to dig down so far to hit water.i do wish we could have found a small spring to use.if we were closer to the river, it might have made sence to use a Ds pump and have EB design an aquaduct system.30 feet down takes time, the bannies melted snow in the winter and in the spring they wanted a rain barrel instead of the well.this way they will have water all year though.
    since we expect settlers to stop here on their way from the fort,a boarding house is constructed.it is a bit rustic looking. nobody wanted to clean the longer 1 and they said the design reminded them of a haunted hospital.the lodge design was too fancy.the barracks would be better if it had a wall in the center so 2 families could stay in it. a family on each side could then have room to have 4 children.
     before the boarding house was finished,2 Indians showed up. they had got separated and lost from a hunting tribe following a bison herd.after following the river downstream for several days, they were glad to see people of any kind. all the bannies had many questions for them. their knowlegde of this new land would be very helpful.
    after much debate,where they would build was finally decided. at 1st, 1 wanted to hunt and fish and boil maple sap.1 wanted a grassy meadow along the river to attact bison.since there was grass growing to the east,a fodder meadow could be nutured there. there were already rabbits and foxes to hunt.though the Indians wanted an Indian longhouse, we did not have the "artifact" to build it.they told us our technology was too advanced and laughed at us.
     the Indains would stay in the boarding house all summer and tell us stories of bison hunts and of far off places.i asked tons of questions and jotted notes down.they told of different fish and game.of a sugary water drink made from trees.they taught us to read the sky and moon for storms.to watch squirrels to know how hard the next winter would be.there was much to learn of this new land.i asked many many questions and kept written notes that some day i could send back to the fort.
   by winter, a forest cabin and fodder hut were finished. they fit well there in the meadow with the thatch already growing so well.will the new grass and mix with it? or will the fodder grass take over completely? more storage and a hunting lodge is planned. with no bison there yet, the trapper can find rabbits,foxes,squirrels,and skunks. work does go slow being so far to the east.the Indians pointed out different birds and the types of trees while we carried materials.they told us to be careful near the rocks because rattlesnakes sunned themselves there often.
    with all the excitement,our meat reserves were low. i sent a quick hunter out for the winter.he would bring in deer near our crop fields quickly.

YEAR 5:
       by spring, only the storage for ore and logs needs finishing.

population 24,14 adult,0 students,10 children. 71% educated.6 houses+boarding house.
young working female is 11.oldest children 1 is 9,1 is 8.
over half the food is fruit.

the quick hunter is moving to hunt deer stirred up near the Indians.a potato field is planted near the main storage barn.to keep us ahead and the bannies busy,i will build a furrier hut and the white swan tavern. soon we will have furs and pelts for the tailor. the tavern can start making cider.since we need to move supplies from the trapper to town,a EB farmstand will add to our markets.
               during the winter,cider and wool coats will be  produced.we also work to clear land near the town for future buildings.

pic 1: inventory in each house and totals. in order right to left.
pic 2: boarding house.inventory by name.
pic 3: FO cabin,fodder and barn.
pic 4: spring year 5 stats.
pic 5: spring year 5 production.town center.
pic 6: spring year 5 inventory. indian
pic 7: white swan tavern and furrier
pic 8: EB farmstand market. end year 5 inventory.

RedKetchup

sweet :) someone still playing with my plimouth houses :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

don't mind me RED. i left them under the house icon too.:)

brads3

YEAR 6:
       spring has come.i find that the tailor has drank half the cider,got drunk, and forgot to make fur coats. she did make a few pelt coats though.now that she sobered up, i have scolded her and sent her back to make fur coats. this means the vendor must stop and becomes the laborer.after i checked on everyone else,they were working as they were suppose to be.
       the laborer and builder can now start to clear a path and road to the east. it will go slow since they have to watch out for rattlesnakes.with help from the woodcutter and blacksmith,we do get the road down before summer. the laborer can switch jobs and catch a break and someone else can move the logs and stone piles back to the markets.the builder decided on a location and dug a well for the fodder meadow and future needs.
      as soon as the next child grew old enough, i called a meeting with the children.they were once again cautioned about the river and its dangers. a raised wooden house was to be built on the river flat and 1 of them would be sent to fish for trout.the Indians had told them the story of how the river had flooded and wiped out their village many many years ago. they were still young when it happened.the river came up quickly at night. by daylight they had lost over 200.they lost more in over several months to disease and starvation. when they found the bison herd,there were only 50 left.since the bison were sent to give them food and hides, they decided to travel with them since.our youngsters promised to stay on high ground.
     since the support poles had to be driven deep into the ground,the wood house took til late winter to be finished.the scrap wood was used to for a leanto shed.it was small. when floods came,it could be emptied quickly. a young female moved in.the family that she had been staying with was expecting a newborn.

YEAR 7:
         since some copperheads had been spotted,we would need to clear some debris from the river landing.
the tavern was shut down for the year to help.we still had over 1000 apples.though we had all enjoyed the cider this year,there was 184 more in stock.
          i planned a school near the boarding house.hopefully soon new settlers will arrive, and it will be needed.keeping with that idea,we started to clear land along the road between the river and village.
       the indians called the children to a safety meeting again. this time to caution them about bears. our tower had brought down several this past fall.though the bears were hibernating now,spring would be here soon.

year 8:
     elbertina still worked as the tailor. her aunt and uncle worried about her living so close to the river. he had took up the trout fishing.our quick hunter had learned from the indians. he followed the deer herds from forest to forest and had hunted more deer that way. the venison count was now over 2000 plus we still had bear meat from last fall.not wanting to overhunt the deer,he would take the year off.the Indians just had their 2nd child.they continued to clear rocks from the meadow by themselves.they still missed their tribe and often told stories about them.our crops continued to produce well and our barns were always stocked. nobody needed anything done this spring.
      i had the workers continue to clear more land near the boarding house.i had found another flat spot near the river. and was hoping to get a road there.as i had explored out from town,i noticed we had a good mining area to the south with mountains on both sides. forests grew thicker north of town.the meadow was a bowl with mountains all ariound it. there were only 2 small flat spots, 1 we used to get there from the village and 1 directly across to the east.going east as far as i walked was very open and grassy.i tried to take walks around in the fall just before the birds left for the winter.it was a very peaceful valley.
      in the spring the children planted flowers outside the school. they sent a laborer,rayburner,to see the indians. they had caught him destroying bird nests. the indians said necora will teach us to respect nature.they claimed the gods will bring wrath upon us. they looked more fearful than i had ever seen them. i took notice when they stopped working and hoarded firewood and thatch both.
      by fall the road to the south river flat was finished. the workers had worked hard and cut deep into the ground to keep it as smooth and flat as possable.as the workers stopped and looked up toward the village from the river,they nodded in approval. we were quite safe as high above the river we had built.
    due to the indian warning 2 things happened. a vendor was sent to move stock out of the river leanto. the workers were sent to clear thatch from south of the houses.better safe we figured.

pic 1: the tall river house and fishing. note how close to the hill the house is to protect from flooding.
pic 2:flowers in the indian meadow.
pic 3: school
pic 4: road to the river.note how deep it cuts along the hills.inventory.
pic 5: the low spot and road to the meadow.food graph

brads3

YEAR 9:

nothing bad happened and we survived to spring. the indians said the land must have accepted us.ray did get quite sick during the winter.it was odd because nobody else even had a fever.he appologized over and over as he lay in bed for several weeks.in spring, he planted bushes and lilacs for the birds to nest in.
      always trying to keep busy,i sent the workers to extend the school road north.it would be a good place to start a log and lumber town.whenever the fort sent us more help,we would be ready to supply them with logs this way.as the road was extended,a lumberyard and log depot were constructed.as soon as the depot was finished our woodcutter ran over to test it out.even though it was a small project,it made the year go by fast with everyone busy.
        with the watch tower bringing in boars and pheasants,the bannies quit eating the trout. we now had over 750 stored.the bannies always like to try new foods.they constantly checked with the indians to see what they had gathered while they planted and worked the meadow.the indians always educated the children on what was poisonous and what was good. even without a school our children were learning. sometimes i think they learned more useful information this way than a schoolhouse would teach.

YEAR 10:
       spring finally came. it had been a cold winter.even with plenty of firewood and warm fur coats,several had colds this year.with our good diets,nobody stayed sick very long.

POPULATION 30,16 adult,14 children.63% educated and 7 houses.
food 10,000+,3900 potato,2500 wheat,550 apples,1300 deer,800 trout,plus more assorted roots,onions,and meat.
in 5 years,we have had 6 births.we put away over 6000 more food.we have another year before our school will be needed.more land has been cleared and several buildings built.

another dense apple orchard is planned behnd the storage barn.the apples do better on side hills.to help supply the Indians,a tiny market is built beside the pine storage barn.once it is finished,we will send a vendor to stock it. the others can clear trees and some rocks near the road staying far away from the rattlesnake lairs toward the north mountain.
    as the vendor was about to start carrying logs and stone away from the meadow,10 new settlers showed up from the fort.they said according to the letter from the fort commander, a ship had arrived after we left with supplies. a few ships of settlers had been lost at sea in bad storms never making it acorss the ocean.some other settlers had gone off over the mountains on their own to trap and hunt.we were the only ones they had heard back from.more settlers are scheduled to arrive at the fort,if the seas stay calm.he sent a whole page full of questions for the indians.
      there is 3 children,a teacher,a semi-retired undertaker,a pair of stablehands,a medic,and 2 young men.they had stayed only a month at the fort. they were eager to get out away from the salty air and join our town. the merchant had brought them up the river.to our south now was a huge lake. beavers had took logs we had floated down and dammed up a spot.
    we gave them some time to dryout by the fire in the boarding house and stock it with food.after grazing their horses,we would quickly get to work building houses.
     we only had 1 house up before snow fell.winter did seem to come early this year. the EB herbalist was added to our small plymouth village.it would find many herbs in the patch of trees that grew just over rim of the meadow valley.before christmas the 2nd house was finished.it would not be much of a holiday though,a worker fell off a ladder while helping the builders on the 3rd house. the undertaker would take time from his fishing to bury her.before new years,the 3rd house and stables were completed.by spring the 4th house was done. through it all our food reserves climbed over 11,000.a busy year would end with great accomplishments.

pic 1: lumberyard and log depot.year 10 stats.
pic 2: village overview.year 10 inventory.
pic 3: undertaker housing and full boardinghouse.
pic 4: EB herbalist goes good with the plymouth plantation houses.
pic 5: stables and izba houses.

brads3

o'k,i think i got this post back on the right page. sorry bout the crew up. i hope nobody is confused. can i blame it on lack of sleep?

i do hope modders read here sometimes. there are some mod ideas hit and miss. it also  shows how good the various mods can look and work together. :D

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on May 28, 2017, 09:48:16 PM
o'k,i think i got this post back on the right page. sorry bout the crew up. i hope nobody is confused. can i blame it on lack of sleep?

i do hope modders read here sometimes. there are some mod ideas hit and miss. it also  shows how good the various mods can look and work together. :D

oh i am mostly watching pictures ^^ unless i get an @ mention :)

they say a picture worth a thousand of words ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

i try. i did mention you the other day,or was it yesterday, they run together too much. some of us was talking bout how to use pottery. i suggested they use it to preserve foods like canning or the indains did. i do like the fodder and use it a lot. i do need to reread your numbers to it though. it is a big difference since you upgraded it. it isn't bad,i just haven't got used to it yet. after this town i wanta upgrade the pine forest and try that with the fodder and thatch meadow. should be interesting test of the 3 mods together.

Nilla

I´m pleased to see that food graph! No starvarion in this settlement, I hope. The map is better and you also have a better education. :)

brads3

yeah not having huge groups of nomads has helped.i don't usually play valley maps,but i like this 1.the bowl shaped valley to the east,the high bluffes along the river with flat spots mixed in. i haven't looked everywhere yet. it isn't huge hills just thrown around the map.i do want to see how the grasses grow together.usually with valley maps, you have hills right where you want to build and  the start point gets dropped far from the river.

brads3

YEAR 11:
      we wanted to get some rocks cleared in the treeline over the ridge.that would give the herbs more room to grow. we would do this in spring before the sun got too warm to avoid the snakes.after that, we can build a fence for the horses.
     the cat the settler's brought had kittens. as soon as they were weaned,they were divided up to keep mice from our barns and markets. the 2 dogs kept watch of the children. 1 walked with them to school and the other always stayed with the fisherman to keep watch at the river.
      since we had plenty of logs, the lumberyard would be fired up for the winter and our firewood limit was raised. we also wanted to clear more rocks as the snakes slept.
   our farmers were doing super. even though snow hit our potato field,  they dug thru the snow and harvested over 600.the apples were at alomst 2000 and the wheat at 1400. our crop rotations had paid off.we gained and stored more food knowing our population was constantly growing.

YEAR 12:
      now that are young females were matched up,all our houses had couples.the lumberyard had put out over 100 lumber and switched back to firewood. since the howl of wolves seemed to come closer toward our valley this spring,a lookout tower would keep watch in the meadow.built in the center along the main road,it could hunt the entire bowl.if anything came over the east ridge,there would be plenty of warning.i was surprised at how quickly it went up.
   i did find our apples had dropped down.i had trouble finding them and i knew the orchards had produced good.the bannies had alomst 2000 in their homes.knowing we had cider still,i figured they were making applesauce for newborns.a vendor will have to shuffle the stock by fall.
   the builder worked hard through the summer. i had sent him to punch a road through heavey brush and thorns to the future mining site to the south.in the winter,he would build a mini forester northeast of the herbalist on the west mouuntain rim of the meadow. the new trees would shade the herbs and help them grow.it will also collect enough logs and thatch to keep our houses warm.by now the indians had cleared most of the treesin their section.

YEAR 13:
        the stable needed a barn for the fertilizer.i decided to have the builder construct a greenhouse as well.if we grow  strawberriesin the winter,it will give the bannies more fruit and then apples could be stocked up for cider.

10 new settler's have arrived.it has been 3 years since the 1st set.we had a meal with the merchant.
i gave him a note for the fort general. it will take time for it to be delivered,as the merchant was headed up river.he was glad to taste our cider and see how well we were progressing.he hoped we would have goods to trade soon.
         the 3 couples and their 4 children moved in the boardinghouse.a forester and hunter family.a woodworking family,and a farming couple. the fort requested us to start building a furniture trade business. it was hoped we could supply future settlements with tables,benches,and dressers.
          we quickly went to work. a house near the stable and greenhouse.a hunting cabin and maple forestrty tower. with 3 builders and 7 laborers hopefully,the 3rd house can be built before winter too.after consulting with the indains,the forester said i had picked a good location.the fog on the hills would keep the apple trees very healthy.being so thick already,the forest would supply many logs while the new maples and apples grew.
           by fall, a saltbox house and joiner was planned and supplied with materials.the woodworking family was quite happy that we had already cut lumber.this ment they could have a larger house and shop sooner.my efforts to plan ahead and survey the land were appreciated.
           when the builders finished the hunting cabin and started the 3rd house,the other workers went to their new workplaces.snow would come before the joiner was finished but at least everyone had homes and fires to stay warm.once it was finished,the woodworkers checked our lumber supply. since we still had 85,they both went to making furniture.
          with all the construction completed,i had time to check the barns and markets. the workers had already stocked them with the harvests.even with more mouths to feed,we had not lost ground.the barns were well stocked.with everything going so well,workers went to clear rocks from the new forest.this gave them time to share their knowledge of the new land with the settlers.

pic 1: horse pasture.
pic 2: greenhouse,fertilizer barn,new plantation house to the left.note the mini forester stump and
pic 3: maple forestry tower,saltbox house.
pic 4: furniture joiner.inventory.

brads3

YEAR 14:
      as i walked around in the spring and checked on everyone,i made some notes. the woodworkers needed storage for the furniture.the indians were harvesting over 100 fodder,each year more than the last.the well would keep up for now but barely. a craft barn will be build in spring.the well will wait.there was still stones to haul out of the maple forest.as they cleared brush,they would stock the hunters with onions and roots.the builder worked to smooth out the path. everyone kept busy throughout the year.

YEAR 15:
       with new settlers,these last 5 years seemed to fly by.with more workers to keep an eye on,i don't get as much time to explore farther out from out village. it has grown nicely.we started with just 14 of us and a couple crop fields.
   we have accomplished much.an indian couple,and 2 sets of settlers have joined us.we have expanded to the west and north,adding a meadow and forest.we are making several trade goods. cider,furniture,and a 3 types of coats. 3 towers keep warch over us.1 over the river,1 in the meadow,and the forester in the north.a boardinghouse,school,undertaker,horse stables,lumberyard,and herbalist have been built.as well as our slink wharehouse markets.we are ready aid more settlers as they venture out from the fort to discover and build new towns.3 fields,2 orchards,3 hunters,a greenhouse,and trout fishing keep us fed with a varied diet.we have learned from the indians and work with the land,its hills,and even the river.mother nature has shined on us as our barns stay full and our cemetary has only 1 grave.

POPULATION 63,28 adult,9 students,and 26 children. 14 houses+ BH.education 36%.
food just short of 10,000 1/3rd wheat,1/3rd potatoes,1400 deer,869 apples,over 900 trout.plus various wild foods,game,and strawberries.

pic 1: river landing. year 15 stats
pic 2: year 15 production.
pic 3: year 15 inventory.
pic 4: year 15 food graph.