News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lots of blacksmithes, limited usage

Started by twilightbreeze, June 03, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

I really love Ragingnonsense's Sawmill. But it takes steel tools. Hard to get in beginning of game. So I got Tom Sawyer's Charburner. Problem is, no other blacksmith will use his charcoal as coal except the ugly vanilla smith. Also, no storage stores it but again, the ugly vanilla storage.  Advanced blacksmith will make coal from wood, but only the vanilla smith will make it.

I do like a lot of Kid's and RedKetchups storages and blacksmiths. Why can't they incorporate charcoal as coal? sigh. Would make the beginning game so much nicer.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Tom Sawyer

@twilightbreeze The current version of the charburner makes NMT blacksmiths and a couple of other smithies able to use charcoal instead of coal. To have this adapting effect it has to be above the other mods. Below they keep their original production setting.

Charburner.pkm

twilightbreeze

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply. I moved the charburner to the top, but it doesn't register on the two non-vanilla blacksmiths I have, which are from Colonial House sand Forest Outpost, both by Nomad. Also Descrepancy's Crest Blacksmith, and Kids Rowhouse Business (which has a blacksmith) also don't register the charcoal.

I have tried to add other "whole village" type mods, they are never compatible with Colonial Houses mod which I do like.

Any other blacksmiths I can try that would use the charcoal from your burner for tools?

Also....what is NMT?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Tom Sawyer

@twilightbreeze The blacksmiths adapted by the charcoaler mod are:

- Medieval Blacksmith incl. upgrade level 1
- Old Blacksmith Shop (the two story one by Red Ketchup)
- DSSV Blacksmith
- Small Town Rowhouse Blacksmith
- Colonial Houses Hardware Store (added right now)

The workshop of Forest Outpost has no steel tools and NMT is New Medieval Town by Red Ketchup. :)

twilightbreeze

Ok, I just went thru each and every one of those recommendations, including re-downloading the Colonial Houses mod....and every one red flagged the latest 2.0 version of your charburner. So, I am at loss what to do to get coal/charcoal in the beginning of the game so I can have the nice sawmill. I'll have to use the ugly vanilla stuff I guess.

Abandoned

@twilightbreeze the red conflict warnings maybe because they are all using the community toolbar icon or resources and should be okay.

brads3

the updated mods are 1.07 versions. the north plays at 1.06 version. if you load the older versions of the mods ,you might be better off. also nowdays,just cause itgoes red does not mean it won' work.red is due to the community icon button most new mods will turn red either way.

Abandoned

@brads3 I was hoping someone else would answer better than me but I saw twilight was on.  I don't think he is using the North, this separate charburner is not for the North which has it's own included.

Tom Sawyer

Version 2 is not current @twilightbreeze. Please load it again from my download link I have posted. Put it on top and ignore red markings. It's just the result of overwriting all the blacksmiths.

twilightbreeze

Thank you. I decided to try DSSV mod and reloaded char burner. It does red flag, but it does work so I just hope it doesn't crash the game. That's my main worry.

Thank you all the info and help, all of you! We'll see how this works.

QueryEverything

@Tom Sawyer I download the newest Charburner that you linked to and ran it - but it seems to cause an issue now with my Blacksmiths.  Where they would have other options:
- wood
- stone
- iron
- steel
- hardened

They now only have iron & steel available, no other tools are able to be made.
I don't know if that's by design, or a bug. 
Possibly by design, but I thought I'd better check :D

@twilightbreeze the other mod you can also try is @kid1293 "Tiny" mod, it has the tiny mine which produces coal, and it's quite good at it.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

twilightbreeze

Tom, the only thing I'd suggest to you now, is fix it so the charcoal can be stored in other barns beside the vanilla one. Cause right now, as far as I know, it can't. Unless you know a barn that it can be stored in?

Abandoned

@twilightbreeze, I don't often use charcoal but never had a problem with storing it.  There are many storage facilities that store charcoal, I suggest as you try the different mods and storage units you make notes.  There are many specialized storage barns and sheds.  I suggest you try Kids Yard Covers which has storage sheds, and Better Stockpile Storage by Discrepancy.

twilightbreeze

Tom Sawyer

Yes @QueryEverything, you can only choose between two options: Original setting (blacksmith on top) or iron and steel tools using charcoal (charburner on top).

In theory it would be possible to have every blacksmith setup as it is and to add charcoal but it would mean to bring all the funny tools in game by the little charburner mod which is actually made to tweak the base game. And as far as I know the game cannot really handle more than 2 types of tools. At least not in the UI or I'm wrong but could not make it work.

Actually most modded barns can store charcoal which is flagged as material (CoalFuel) @twilightbreeze. With beta mods it can be different if they don't have this storage flag.