News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Lots of blacksmithes, limited usage

Started by twilightbreeze, June 03, 2017, 12:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QueryEverything

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on June 05, 2017, 11:56:43 PM
Yes @QueryEverything, you can only choose between two options: Original setting (blacksmith on top) or iron and steel tools using charcoal (charburner on top).

In theory it would be possible to have every blacksmith setup as it is and to add charcoal but it would mean to bring all the funny tools in game by the little charburner mod which is actually made to tweak the base game. And as far as I know the game cannot really handle more than 2 types of tools. At least not in the UI or I'm wrong but could not make it work.

Actually most modded barns can store charcoal which is flagged as material (CoalFuel) @twilightbreeze. With beta mods it can be different if they don't have this storage flag.

Thank you for the answer @Tom Sawyer it's a shame that it overwrites all of the Blacksmith options to leaving only the 2 iron & steel.  When I downloaded it, I had thought at the least it would change the recipe from coal to charcoal, but that it would still keep the other tool options, so that you would eliminate the need for coal, but keep the original mods other tools.

So I think it's a shame that it wasn't able to work out for you. 
Kralyerg's Tool overwrite, where it adds all the tools to many blacksmiths was able to add all the tools, I wonder if there is something there that could be used to adjust the recipes to charcoal? 
(thinking out loud :D

I need to use charcoal for a few things now, so I will keep the mod, and if I end up using charcoal more than coal, I will enable it again.  :)  Thank you for your time :D

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

twilightbreeze

Ok, I tried the better stockpiles, and the Kid's yard covers, neither one will store charcoal from the charburner. Which is sad cause I really do like the yard covers. Any one know which modded barns will actually store charburner charcoal?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Tom Sawyer

Actually there are a lot of barns. NMT has many different sizes and they all can store it. It even has a coal silo which takes charcoal as well. Separated from the Nordic main mod you can use barns in three sizes (RedCottage.pkm). The storages in DSSV and Colonial Houses should be able too.

twilightbreeze

DSSV and Colonial Houses do not. Neither do storages in Forest Outpost, Yard Covers, Better Stockpiles, Small Town Rowhouses, Kid's Vegetable Garden, or the storages by JulyforToday.

I'll try the Red Cottage one. See what happens.

Edit: Ok, the Red Cottage ones do, so I'll use that. Lol....I just hope all these red flags from all these new great mods don't crash my game.

Thanks all for your help.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Abandoned

@twilightbreeze you obvious have conflicts because I tested charburner with Kid yard cover last night and it stored charcoal.  Are you using CC ?  I pick and choose combinations of mods carefully and have few problems.  Like queryeverything said, it might be easier for you to just use kid's tiny mine for coal. 

twilightbreeze

Nope, not using CC. I'll investigate further.

Discrepancy

what are all the mods you are using? and what is the load order?

It is unusual that my storage is not working for you. There is an option to build a specialized Material/CoalFuel warehouse/barn in DSSV. If you are using the latest DSSV:Storage, then it will be labelled as a Minerals/Coal Warehouse.

brads3

which version of banished are you running? any other mods that would affect charcoal?

ancientmuse

@twilightbreeze

I have the old charburner from 1.0.6 that produces coal instead of charcoal (and it works fine in 1.0.7 too), I can upload it here for you if you'd like to use that one instead ?

brads3

hmm that is interesting. are you saying it produces coal from log,ANCIENTMUSE?

ancientmuse

It produces coal from firewood.

It was the very first version that Tom uploaded for 1.0.6.... before he updated it to the newer charcoal making version.

I'm not a big fan of over-complicating production chains just to make basic vanilla stuff, so I tend to stick with older mods for certain things and I do love that old charburner... it saves me from having to build a mine early in the game. 

Tom's newer charburner (the charcoal making one) I only use in The North mod.

twilightbreeze

I am using 1.07 Banished, the latest. And yes, I'd like the older version if it would work better. Thanks!

Here is what I'm currently using and the order:

Charburner  (Red Flagged)
Red Cottage
Yard Covers (Red Flagged)
Kid's Fenceless Pasture (Red Flagged)
Forest Outpost
Bobbi's Special Doctor (might get rid of this, I really don't use it)
Small Town Rowhouses (Red Flagged)
Ducks
Pigs
Busy Laborers
Country Little House
Creepy Cemetary
Small Town Home
Kid's Vegetable Start (Red Flagged)
Log Cabins
Tent with Fire
Sawmill
Coastal Houses
Renewable Resources
Storage Sheds (by JulyforToday)
DS Fences and Decorations
Tiny Trader
DS Roads
Decorative Plants by Kid
Storage Crates by Kid
Carrots
Cows Create Milk
Sample-Apiary
Extra Leather
Fishing Dock
Flatten Tool
Longer Living Orchards
Map Generator
More Iron
More Stone
More Wood
No More Rain
Nomad Zero Pop
Real Time Aging
Stone Bridge

ancientmuse

Quote from: twilightbreeze on June 06, 2017, 11:42:36 AM
I am using 1.07 Banished, the latest. And yes, I'd like the older version if it would work better. Thanks!

Alrighty then, here you go:

ancientmuse

Now you should be able to build whatever blacksmiths and storage buildings you want because they all pretty much use coal for toolmaking.

You'll find this old charburner under the resources tab where you find blacksmiths, foresters, tailors, woodchoppers, etc etc.

Load order doesn't matter, just make sure you delete the current charburner that you have before installing this one.

Enjoy !
;D