Started by embx61, June 08, 2017, 04:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Banished is now so much sophiscated :) (in a good way)
rare a game has so much talent behind :) i mean as modders :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I agree Red.

Although Luke did something amazing with his creation considering he did it all by himself I dare to say that without all the effort of all the Modders and play testers I don't think Banished would be as successful as it still is today.

I hope Luke sees it that way as well and keep updating the Mod Kit so we all can keep his creation alive and kicking :)

RedKetchup

i wish he read all in here.... anonymously  :-X

but i strongly doubt it ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Paeng

QuoteI thinking about some later after making first something different to make another set with brick walkways.

Just thinking for "later"...  :D   I would also love a nature canal, where the sides are just wooden boards and dirt, stones, bushes and stuff, instead of the stonework...  ;)

But first we will need a transition piece (see attached)...   :P  :D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

brads3

more of a rustic or natural look ,PAENG? that sounds good. i am glad to see what EB has came up with. it was  aggravating. i think there are towns where the above ground with the collector will work well.i do like how the pump functions on the inground model too. some towns are just close enough to a river that digging deep wells didn't make sence. this will solve that.

elemental

Quote from: Paeng on June 08, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

Just thinking for "later"...  :D   I would also love a nature canal, where the sides are just wooden boards and dirt, stones, bushes and stuff, instead of the stonework...  ;)

Plus one on that. It would complement Red's canals nicely.

embx61

Quote from: Paeng on June 08, 2017, 07:15:38 AM

But first we will need a transition piece (see attached)...   :P  :D

There is already a connector piece in the set @Paeng. @brads3 came up with the idea for a connector piece so players could mix and match both systems so I added one to the set. It is the last Icon (Same Icon as the 2x straight but will update soon with your new Icon) in the Ground Irrigation Set. If you hoover over it the tooltip displays : Connector Piece.

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 10, 2017, 01:23:13 AMIf you hoover over it the tooltip displays : Connector Piece.

Dang... totally missed it! Hahaha, the power of icons  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Yeah, that was the piece I used a double Icon for.

@Paeng The transition Icon you made can you make me one with the arrow going up?

Then I make another connector but that the water flows from the above ground irrigation to the below ground one.
No pump needed for that one. Gravity will do the job :)

No hurry with it.

brads3

so we can lift the water run it out to the towns and then drop it back down to a pool. this gives so many options.we might even run water back and make fish ponds on the ends.since it doesn't leak it will work better than the new york city aquaducts.lmao

embx61

yeps :)

I already have the water pump what sits on the water for both versions. Then brads came up with the idea to pump water out of a well just placed inland for those who are not close to a river. So I added that one as well. Then the idea of a connector to mix and match the 2 irrigation systems. So I made a connector.

I tried first to model the so called Archimedes Screw but it was too high in poly so I looked for something else and found out about the lift chain pump.
It is two wheels with a rope/chain with discs attached to them. Then on the high side what collects the water is a pipe were those discs run through from the bottom up and so bring the water up in a collection tray. From there it flows in the higher channels.
According to that article I read it could lift water up to about 6 meters.

Now I have to make one more connector but that the water flows from the above ground channels into the lower one. :)

brads3

cool. PAENG will go crazy with all these canal pieces.EB are you hinting that you want more crazy ideas?

embx61

Currently working on the more natural looking channels.
Have to adapt some of Kids ghosted Deco plants so they can be placed on the sides without raising the ground.
Then add the plants to a toolbar inside my irrigation toolbar.

Then make some deco rocks.

I have the code from Red from his Canals so I can see if I take just one piece of his channels and make it into a connector as well :)
Two ways. One what pumps the water from Reds Canal up to the irrigation system and one that dumps it into red's Canals.

If Luke would be so nice to add something to the code to make the soil degrading again but with water the soil becomes useable again it would be truly awesome. Real irrigation!!! One can dream right? :)

brads3

do you want me to come up with a workaround so crops can be irrigated?? that is easy. undo your thinking of how crops are now.
crop=workplace,temperature controlled so as to not be worked in winter. workplace designed to be 10x10 square,accepts water via banie or irrigation ditch+fertilizer or bonemeal or design a composter for feathers etc. output=food. now the modder has control of our seeds and the outputs of the fields.
the only problem i see is how to code a "building/workplace" to require it to need/use the irrigated water.
   i suppose we could assume the water is added and design the field to be attched to the irrigation system.it would work similar to RED's fodder greenhouses in that it gives access to seeds without merchants and trade.the workaround for this KID already developed. use a veggy seed and a sorter to give a variety or items. similar to a real backyard garden.

with the composter and needing more fertilizer,this could be a big project.it has limitations but also much potential.