Started by embx61, June 10, 2017, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

Thank you @embx61 I went with the 100yr option :)  Essentially meaning 'forever' on any of my maps, as they never last 100 years :D hahaha ;)  Great work, thank you.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

ancientmuse

Quote from: QueryEverything on June 13, 2017, 07:27:35 PM
Thank you @embx61 I went with the 100yr option :)  Essentially meaning 'forever' on any of my maps, as they never last 100 years :D hahaha ;)  Great work, thank you.  :D

Yup, I went with the 100 year option too.

I'm too lazy to be bothered with orchards (until harvest time).... I'm just too darn busy playing god and micro-managing everything else. :P

Love this mod !

Thank you @embx61 !

gatinho65

I enabled the 100 years mod on a test game yesterday to see how long the trees lasted, as when I used the 20 year version the trees were still cut down after 5-6 years. And out of 24 trees 7 trees were cut down by late Autumn of year 7. And by the end of year 8, 4 more were cut down. By autumn of year 9 only 11 of the original 24 were still up and producing. All the cut down trees were replaced of course, but definitely the trees are not lasting 100 years lol;)

My test game was on mild climate and I had 2 farmers working the orchard, so I don't think it was lack of labor or extra harsh climate. I was disappointed these mods didn't seem to affect the trees, as it seems the vanilla orchards really only fully produce for about 2 years after their first 3 years of growth, and after that its only about half the orchard on any given year because so many trees are being replaced at any given time.

I wonder why Luke meant the trees to be so shortlived? Real world orchards last a very long time with careful tending.

Edit: By late Autumn year 11 only 2 of the original 24 apple trees were alive and in early Spring year 12 one of those was cut down and replaced. Maybe my orchard farmers are just over eager to work and cut down trees that don't need to be replaced lol.