Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Beta 1.0.7 Beta 3 has arrived !!!!!

Started by RedKetchup, June 12, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Awesome :)

New beta build 3 of 1.0.7 has arrived !

The building requirement tooltips has been fixed :) we can now go up to 6 resources :)
Also i asked him to check for the debug menu :) the old debug menu wasnt usefull when it was time to test the new custom flags resources .... Now it has been updated :)

Whooyou !  ;D  ;D  ;D

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2017-06-12-1-0-7-beta-version-3/
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw that blip :D  Woot!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

there was another thing i asked in same email of the debug menu... the ability to zoom closer +25% or 50% ... can you tell me if it is done ? (he doesnt say anything about that in his post)

QueryEverything

Ok so far so good :)
I loaded an existing map, very heavy with mods and nearly filled with buildings, and it runs without problems.  The Debug menu shows, as it should.
Also, I don't know how different the zoom is, so here is a couple of screenshots :D 

So ... what do you think @RedKetchup ;)  :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

do you feel you can zoom in closer than before ?

not even a +10% ? a 5% ? lol (i asked for 25-50% ^^)

QueryEverything

I tried to look at the screenshots from the last map, but even then they weren't too close, I was doing 'scenic' shots, lol.
I will see if I can recreate a few I took with closeups and post

QueryEverything

It's sooooo hard to gauge because I didn't do too many closeups, even now just trying to recreate one I know I did last week, I can't even, because I can't take into consideration where the camera was to begin with.

I can say, that the wagon details look better, but I don't know if that's because I'm looking at it 'hoping for better camera', or if it is because of a better camera. :D

RedKetchup

i guess i ll need to ask him directly if he did something or not ... next time , next email ^^

QueryEverything

I wonder, can yourself ( @RedKetchup ) or, @Discrepancy or @kid1293 or @despo_20 see any difference in your items in the screenshots?
This is the closest I can get to with the camera.

I have lowered the camera as low as it can go, I have scrolled in as far as it can go, and I have "W" pushed against them as far as I can go.  So, ....

I thought for a moment in one of my earlier screenshots there was a difference, but now I'm second guessing, so perhaps if someone who knows their items inside & out can look and tell me, then that's better :D  haha :D 

Discrepancy

... it is hard to tell, but it does look a little closer. I'm at work now, later today I will have a look. I will be able to tell with my Village Church.

:) good news about the extra building requirements!

embx61

Good news and still Beta so Luke maybe have some more in store for us.

Yeah, I assumed the game would just work well with the mods in a newer version and modders not have to update their mods to make it work.

Updates are still to be expected though now we can use more materials to build a building but at least the update did not break anything it seems.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

we need to make 2-3 mods with extended building materials and let people play with it to see if we get errors.... and do our reports :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 12, 2017, 11:03:40 PM
we need to make 2-3 mods with extended building materials and let people play with it to see if we get errors.... and do our reports :)
I'll play catch with that ball, I still have my map of "make it or break, to hell & back" working, so, c'mon, gimme your worst (oops, I mean, best, shot ;) )

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on June 12, 2017, 11:00:45 PM
Good news and still Beta so Luke maybe have some more in store for us.

Yeah, I assumed the game would just work well with the mods in a newer version and modders not have to update their mods to make it work.

Updates are still to be expected though now we can use more materials to build a building but at least the update did not break anything it seems.

@embx61 I have a map currently which I've called the "Make it & Break it", I'm throwing everything at it, seeing if it stands up to what the mods can do etc.  The map seems to be running well.  I'm about to take the handbrake off again, and disable all the safety protocols on the Debugger and see if anything crashes :D

Nilla

I´m excited to see, how many new great mods this new toy will bring! :)