News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Beta 1.0.7 Beta 3 has arrived !!!!!

Started by RedKetchup, June 12, 2017, 05:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

There is no difference in the field of view or zoom.

taken with v106, maximum zoom - seed 480/valleys/medium/mild/easy:

taken with v107 beta3, maximum zoom - seed 480/valleys/medium/mild/easy:

embx61

@QueryEverything

You will be fine with your map. Just throw at it what you can :)

Well, maybe you will miss a text string or two :)
I knew that Luke never was going to change the new flag/limits to make them a standard feature in the executable. It was implemented for modders to enhance the game mod wise and not a direct new standard game future.

In other words if the modders would not have made use of the new flags/limits it would never appear in the game.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

despo_20

Yeah! The extra building requirements is a very good news!!!

Lots of possibilities!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Maldrick

Oh, wow.  This is very exciting.

I'm still on my adventures in EQ but reaching the end for this content which won't change for a couple of months. Been itching to get back to Banished and can't wait to see what's done with this.

Just for reference, where can the new debug menu be found?
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Paeng

Quote from: Maldrick on June 13, 2017, 01:23:12 PMJust for reference, where can the new debug menu be found?

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/664-Debug-menu

Once you upgrade to the new Banished, the mod should update itself... at least that's what I have here  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

ancientmuse

Nope, there's definitely no increased zoom feature with this new upgrade.

I've been playing for a few hours now with just about every mod for 1.0.7 (and some from 1.06) and haven't had any problems or crashes.  So it looks like everything works nicely.  But there's no way to check how the extra building materials thing works because we don't have any buildings that require more than 3 different materials yet.

Here's a pic at full zoom... no difference from before.

*sigh*

:(

RedKetchup

alright. thx all. maybe it will come later ....
since he read about the debug menu , i told myself maybe he did the zoom too.... maybe another time :)

thats still very AWESOME he did about the building material and the debug :)
Thanks you Luke (if happends to read this ^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ancientmuse

@RedKetchup

I do have a question with regards to the new debug menu and all the new custom slots though....

How do we know which custom item is which ?

custom0= ??
custom1= ??
custom3= ??
custom4= ??

etc etc

I very rarely use the debug thing unless I'm testing and need to quickly build something rather than playing for 4 hours to try out a new mod... but I'm curious how it works and what each type of material will be for each of the different custom numbers ?  I guess I'm wondering why those new slots needed to be added in the debug and what purpose they serve?

Discrepancy

@ancientmuse , you can find information here on what we called each custom limit: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1519.0 - the first post contains a handy guide.

RedKetchup

Quote from: ancientmuse on June 13, 2017, 07:58:02 PM
@RedKetchup

I do have a question with regards to the new debug menu and all the new custom slots though....

How do we know which custom item is which ?

custom0= ??
custom1= ??
custom3= ??
custom4= ??

etc etc

I very rarely use the debug thing unless I'm testing and need to quickly build something rather than playing for 4 hours to try out a new mod... but I'm curious how it works and what each type of material will be for each of the different custom numbers ?  I guess I'm wondering why those new slots needed to be added in the debug and what purpose they serve?

first. your city need to know the items exist. of course there is a "make all resources visible" button but usually, you need to discover them by picking up the first one of each item (pickup up like an herb, or onion or copper or tin, or milk, or whatever) or crafting an item(like pie, butter, hardened steel tools, warm coat, ale, lumber, bricks, rooftile, or whatever). till it isnt in your list (even if it is 0), by clicking those it give you nothing.

Like @Discrepancy  said, we got an agreement about how to use and reserve each flag to a specific kind of items that you should see in the picture. by clicking the icons, it gives you a certain amount of EACH items you discovered in that category, flag.

of course Luke did put some icons on it, he took what he had as icons... personally, us, we wont be able to go back and change his icons, so you need to check the tooltips because , as before, this debug tool is not available to us and still hidden from customizing. i asked for a copy, but we didnt.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

ancientmuse

Quote from: Discrepancy on June 13, 2017, 08:16:53 PM
@ancientmuse , you can find information here on what we called each custom limit: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1519.0 - the first post contains a handy guide.

@Discrepancy

Ah thanks... that's a very helpful list, now I know what each custom item is categorized as (not sure how I missed that thread up until now).

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 13, 2017, 09:05:07 PM
@RedKetchup

first. your city need to know the items exist. of course there is a "make all resources visible" button but usually, you need to discover them by picking up the first one of each item (pickup up like an herb, or onion or copper or tin, or milk, or whatever) or crafting an item(like pie, butter, hardened steel tools, warm coat, ale, lumber, bricks, rooftile, or whatever). till it isnt in your list (even if it is 0), by clicking those it give you nothing.

Like @Discrepancy  said, we got an agreement about how to use and reserve each flag to a specific kind of items that you should see in the picture. by clicking the icons, it gives you a certain amount of EACH items you discovered in that category, flag.

of course Luke did put some icons on it, he took what he had as icons... personally, us, we wont be able to go back and change his icons, so you need to check the tooltips because , as before, this debug tool is not available to us and still hidden from customizing. i asked for a copy, but we didnt.

Geez, I had no idea you had to do all that stuff with resources.  I guess I need to play around with debug one of these days and learn how the thing works LOL. 

All I've ever done is used the free build, health, no hunger, no cold, etc etc just so that I could build a bunch of new stuff quickly to test out to make sure there are no problems with a new mod, I've never actually played around with the resources buttons.

:o