News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Anyone maybe knows..?

Started by twilightbreeze, June 14, 2017, 12:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twilightbreeze

RedKetchup wanted me to post this here in case anyone might have another idea.

My game keeps crashing. I am running the latest version 7 of the game. I'm a long time player, and have recently added some mods, and taken a few away. Ok, here is the current mod list in my game, in order, top to bottom:
DS Jetty and Bridges,
DS Small Village Homes,
DS Small Village Production,
DS Small Village Storage,
DS Small Village Services,
EB Everlasting Orchards,
RK White Fence set,
Charburner Light,
Figs,
Kid's Yard Covers,
Ducks,
Pigs,
Busy Laborers,
Kid's Vegetable Garden Start,
Sawmill,
Coastal Houses,
Creepy Cemetary,
Renewable Resources,
DS Fences and Decor,
DS Roads,
Decorative Plants,
Storage Crates,
Cows give Milk,
Stop Burning Coal,
Fishing Dock 50%,
Flatten Tool,
Neckcen's Map Generator,
More Iron per Ore,
More Stone per Rock,
More Wood per Tree,
No More Rain,
Nomads Zero Pop,
Real Time Aging,
Stone Bridge.

It usually happens at the beginning, when I start the game, I pause it, set my parameters (amounts, notifications, etc), then place some basic start buildings to get things going right away, like a resource field, fishing dock, hunter cabin, and herb gatherer. Lately I've been placing DSSV fishing dock, the hunter cabin and herb gatherer. Then I unpause and let the game start. That's when it usually crashes, or soon after.

Now, several items are red flagged, but I have been told by RK, Discrepancy, Kid, and others that that doesn't matter. Ok. So, Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

where is from Cows give Milk ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

twilightbreeze

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

is it possible thats your old pc that cant hold so many mods ?

because i downloaded everything in your list .... and i made 2-3 years... i didnt crashed at all
i even started a "HUGE" map from the generator
oh and the only mod maybe i have different is i have the latest figs mod since mine has not been downloaded

twilightbreeze

I guess it's possible. But I also have the full version of Oblivion and tons of mods on that....my comp handles that fine. So not sure. I am wondering about the order tho.....maybe I should re-order it? But not sure what should be on top of what.

RedKetchup

bah i didnt moved any at all, just enabled them all. it seems to be they were kinda listed by alphabetical way (or at least alphabetical.pkm)
the creepy cemetary was already in my list though and placed like ... last

but i have 1 of the very new Ryzen 7 1700 and 32GB RAM

twilightbreeze

I have a 3 year old Dell laptop.

RedKetchup

Quote from: twilightbreeze on June 14, 2017, 02:40:59 AM
I have a 3 year old Dell laptop.

even if it is a laptop ... thats not old

did you tried to take out half of the mods and see if still crashing ? like i said in PM

twilightbreeze

Yeah, I did.....now it's not crashing. But it probably will again, as I am using the same mods. sigh. Frustrating. Do you know if any of the mods I have listed are redundant compared with some of the newer stuff? Like the fishing dock buff, or the cows give milk mod?

Maybe I should update some of the older mods I got from https://banishedinfo.com/mods/browse, with their equivalent or same one here?

RedKetchup

bah the milk... you can take red creamery mod+the cows... alot better than just that old cowsgivesmilk...

i would not take any of +++stuff per. kinda cheating.
real time aging... i would go for a lot better one : norseman

twilightbreeze

Quotereal time aging... i would go for a lot better one : norseman

Can that be standalone? Link?

Nevermind, lol....I found it.  :)

Nilla

I think, there might be a point in checking, that you have the latest versions of all mods. I would also think carefully before I use old mods from modders, that aren't active anymore; that haven't upgraded their mods. I'm sure, that many will work, but maybe not in combination with all other new mods. In any case, I would put old mods low on the list.

There is also two of the mods on your list, that "rang a small bell" by me. Even if they seem to work on Red's super computer, I would make a try without these two:

Necken´s map generator: It's a very old mod, it caused some trouble right at the beginning. As far as I remember, he fixed it, but I don't think, he's active anymore, so the version is probably from a very old version of the mod kit.

Nomads Zero pop: Believe it or not, nomad attractors can cause crash problems. This is also a mod, that you rarely will need, not unless all of your population dies and you want to resettle a built settlement.

And believe it or not; you´re youngster on this page! ;) Many of us here worked on our first computer i the 1970s (to that time it wasn´t a matter of owing one). :)

twilightbreeze

Thanks, Nilla. You were right and I got rid of the Nomad one. Can you recommend a nice map generator to replace Neckcen's? I don't need anything too complicated, lol. Thanks!

Nilla

First I recommend the North. It's a set, that changes much of the gameplay, so you don't need a load of mods, to have a a real challenge and a lot of fun. It also has a couple of new interesting new maps. I don't think it's that huge, so it will probably work on your computer.

The only other I have used lately is CC terrain. @kralyerg was nice enough, to make (some of ?) the CC maps available for not CC-player. It has some very interesting maps. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=266

twilightbreeze

Hmmm....no standalone mods? I really don't want to download yet another huge all-in-one mod, as I am having some issues with the two I have.