News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Playing The North

Started by twilightbreeze, June 14, 2017, 06:52:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@ Tom Sawyer. I'm an older person I love to play "The North" Personally I do not mind what speed I play, maybe it's x1 or x10. Only in testing I have to include speed X 10 .  Please 'The North v 5' to restore debug. I would be very happy because I like to test with other mods. Please  :) Cheers!

Nilla

QuoteI'll protect you ,NILLA. <<<< pushes NILLA IN SNOW BANK.
:P HAHAHA now you all can't find her to pick on. why you all trying to steal my job anyhow? as i always say"if you want it,take the advil and bills with it too".

I have to laugh, @brads3, you reminds me of my son. I have 2 children and they used to fight a lot when they were young. But if someone was trying to bully the younger, the big brother was her first protector: You know; "I'm the only one who's allowed to beat my sister". Anyhow, thank you, even a viking might find it nice to have cowboy as protection, even if this special cowboy might shoot you in the back the next time! ;)

I'm a persistant 2x player. Sometimes at the beginning of a game, if not much is happening, it may be 5x, later in a game, when there is much to do, it might be 1x. That fits me.

embx61

My last post about the issue as I don't want to drag this crap further but I feel I have the right to defend myself against certain accusations made here against me.
As a former modder, I do understand the time and effort it takes to make a mod. That said, I am a 50+ disabled woman, no one coddles me, and I don't coddle anyone. I do not intend to be rude, but like Tom says, I don't mince words. If there is an issue with a mod, I critique it (NOT criticize, there is a difference), and let the person know what may or may not be working in it.
All nice and dandy and if people in that certain thread explain to you why mods are what they are currently you just assume they put you in the corner.
Let's be clear here. No person in that thread knew you was a former modder before your back off post were you mentioned it the first time. Players gave you advice to download other mods to complement what is missing in certain mods and were just explaining why some mods having some Vanilla buildings as place holders because of time issues but you felt compelled to tell them to back off?
You can assume  all you want but it does not make them facts.
Too many modders (and yes, I speak from experience) do not want to hear the flaws, but only that it's great, perfect, good job.....even if the user is struggling with it. That's not fun. Modders do need to know what does and doesn't work, or the point of the mod is, well, pointless. I do offer my opinion, but the only time I did object to a post was when a certain modder went totally ballistic and ranted off a rather immature "how dare you" post to me. Somehow, that's my fault??
Again a assumption. How do you know for a fact that too many modders don't want to hear about the flaws and only good things about there mods? Your experience? Bottom line you don't know but you just assume you know.

The rest of your accusations against me by using words as ballistic and immature, ranting, I better leave for what they are out of respect for my late wife. But they are complete and utter nonsense as everyone with an open mind can see for themselves by reading that thread before your tantrum.
Yes, I was indeed upset as I not like to be told to back off after doing nothing more then trying to be helpful to you and I, as well as other players, explained in that thread to you why some mods are missing stuff, that you could download mods what complement the other mods, but apparently your assumption meter kicked in so you probably missed all that useful information given to you and decided to throw a back off tantrum at us.
And rather funny to read that someone is struggling with a mod because it has some Vanilla buildings in it.
Maybe your expectations of what a mod in your eyes should be are just too ambitious?

I will go on record saying that all the mods in this game, even the small ones, show great patience, and talent, and I hope to see many more difference ideas in the near future. But, I'm sure a modder does not want a mod to remain incomplete, or not working well, just for the sake of their ego. I never did.
Thank you, it is appreciated.
Sadly followed by yet another assumption. That you, and maybe other The Sims modders, maybe had an ego while they were modding does in no way make it a fact that I, and other modders, have a modding ego as well.
I can tell you from the bottom of my heart, I not have a modding ego at all. I Mod because I like doing it, nothing more, nothing less. If some don't like my mods, fine with me. I force nobody to download and play them. I am open to ideas, critics are more then welcome, but some mutual respect is not too much to ask for, is it and words as disappointed and frustrated (Although some seem to differ) are not the way to give honest feedback.  We know that bugs can be frustrating so there is no need to tell us that. Besides, what do using those words in feedback add to the argument(s) you make?

Now, I am sorry that you feel the way you do Nilla, I like your mods, and I am using some. Try to understand, I AM on your side.
In the future it would maybe be more diplomatic to not tell those who's side your on to back off because your assuming meter kicks in.

Ok, now all that said and done, thank you Tom for explaining the vanilla buildings are a work in progress. That makes me feel better and I eagerly anticipate the updating of this very beautiful and comprehensive mod. As for the speed, I did adjust some of the levels in my options for graphics, and they did speed up a bit but still no where near the speed of the vanilla game. I'm not sure what the problem is. I can try tweaking my options again, but I was trying to make sure it wasn't also something in the mod itself. I will see what I can do. Thank you again for your maturity, Tom. It's refreshing.

And all that stuff in that other thread could have been avoided if you, instead of assuming you was put in a corner, just had read what was written instead of tell people to back off.
All what Tom explained to you here was already explained in that thread by several members except the FPS issue you seem to have but not mentioned in the other thread.
If you prefer not to coddle anyone and not like to mince with words then won't be surprised if certain answers hit it right back at you in the same way.
Or do you truly believe we should only be on the receiving end of it?
So please spare me your Somehow, that's my fault? whining.

Some just let it pass, maybe even for the better, but I decided to throw the ball straight back in your court as I said I not like being told to back off by doing nothing more then being helpful.

Something to do I was born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands I guess.  ;)

You show respect to me, I show it back. You tell me to back off without a valid reason and then accuse me falsely on top of that and here I am refuting about all you said here with facts and not with assumptions.

In the future if I decide to return it is better I just ignore those kind of threads all together.  See, even I still learn while being born in 1961.

For me the case is now really closed. I did my last say as I felt I had to defend myself against false accusations.
If I decide to return we probably not going to be the greatest of friends, but I shall at least show mutual respect out of respect to the community.

This community is very friendly and I don't want to spoil that and that was one of the reasons I felt it was better for me to just leave as I just not take any crap thrown at me for no reason.

Sorry Tom that it had to be in a thread about the North but I am now done with it.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Abandoned

okay then, enough said.  You babies born in the 60's make me feel old so I guess that makes me a wise elder LOL thank you all.  :)

Now back to making and enjoying great mods.

kid1293

Quote from: Abandoned on June 15, 2017, 07:03:13 AM
Now back to making and enjoying great mods.

Listen to the wisdom!

Yes, we all live and breathe Banished. Like in Abandoned's and other's stories.
We survive!

:)

RedKetchup

well, i feel less old with my 1963  :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

The Pilgrim

At 37 I must be one of the younger ones apparently.

Bartender

Oh dear, it appears that I have walked into an elderly home :P!

Jokes aside, it's nice to know that besides being diverse in nationalities, our little community is also spanning several age groups :).

Quote from: embx61 on June 15, 2017, 06:44:45 AM
Some just let it pass, maybe even for the better, but I decided to throw the ball straight back in your court as I said I not like being told to back off by doing nothing more then being helpful.

Something to do I was born in Amsterdam, The Netherlands I guess.  ;)
I can confirm that the infamous Dutch directness has several times resulted in me unintendedly offending people. I guess we'll just have to live with that ;).

embx61

LOL Bartender.

My beloved wife who was American had to get used to the directness of the Dutch.
But after a while she got used to it pretty well and I truly believe she was quite amused by our directness.
I always told her "Hon, you can get the guy out of the Netherlands but you can't get the Netherlands out of the guy :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Turis

The young ones play with consoles with no access to forum while we, the old ones, stick with our PCs so we have forums like this one.

Gatherer

Quote from: The Pilgrim on June 15, 2017, 11:13:01 AM
Luckily you're not the only one. 35 here. :)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Turis on June 15, 2017, 02:22:00 PM
The young ones play with consoles with no access to forum while we, the old ones, stick with our PCs so we have forums like this one.

true !! LOL

twilightbreeze

I am put in mind of a certain song from Frozen here, lol.....please.

Ok, the slowness is def my old laptop, I tweaked it and it is better. I need a new laptop, lol.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

Quote from: twilightbreeze on June 15, 2017, 02:47:18 PM
Ok, the slowness is def my old laptop, I tweaked it and it is better. I need a new laptop, lol.

lol you need a REAL computer !

Bartender

Quote from: embx61 on June 15, 2017, 01:21:22 PM
I always told her "Hon, you can get the guy out of the Netherlands but you can't get the Netherlands out of the guy :)
Haha, that's great ;D! I too fell for a foreign lady (French), so I might use that sometime ;).

Quote from: Gatherer on June 15, 2017, 02:25:35 PM
Quote from: The Pilgrim on June 15, 2017, 11:13:01 AM
Luckily you're not the only one. 35 here. :)
I'm starting to feel rather lonely now though, it seems that I am the only one below 30 ???. I'm 26 here, any other nineties kids out there :P?