News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING of AMERICA SERIES: Towns #5

Started by brads3, July 09, 2017, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 79

to finish off the nordic sets,we build more houses,another school with addition,and another market.we also add a multi-quarry and wharehouse.
more fields and a woodcutter were built also.
      a few bannies died trying to dig the canal.after some time it did start to take shape.there does seem to be some cosmetic glitches. in winter snow makes it look like there is a floor or solid part across the filler pieces.there is also a mound of dirt that won't let us dig out.i do get the complete 4x colonial textured canal to fit even if the water flows are not the same.please note RED has upgraded this set and that would solve the glitches.
       though we have over 20 bannies working on firewood,we do use it quickly.there is 4 sawmills,a dock wood finder,plus a couple bundler shops for reeds. our sap boilers,smokehouses,brick or tile maker,and others burn it for processing.most processing is done with furnace fuel via coke from the coal stacks burner.our houses do use coke fuel even with the "no coal"mod.they also burn thatch.

pic 1:north village
pic 2:canal glitch
pic 3:multi quarry
pic 4: firewood sawmills and bundler
pic 5: housing inventory

RedKetchup

it takes quite some time to be used for canals. yeah most of the digging problems have been fixed with 3.1
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 80 REVIEW

POPULATION 1244,826 working adults,143 students,and 275 children in 303 houses+6 boardinghouses. education level 72%.

out of the 8 nordic mods only the school and addition is not completed.it waits for bricks and builders.all 6 of NECORA'S mods have been used.i should do more with the riffle mod however.we have also expanded our textile processing to include silk. total mods used and completed:85

we need to finsih the 1st canal and clear more fields in the north village.as i expand the north farming,i will do more of the rowhouses and production area.i will adjust the trading.for the moment i will increase our food and firewood inports.
     i do have to decide what town will go south of the colonial.i have debated running a canal straight across since there are so many sets.i am not sure it would fit in 1 run and i still have EB's irrigation systems.i have room arround the lakes.if i use the CC colonial houses south of the colonial,it might work better and give me an idea of how much space is let.by then hopefully i will be down to the NMT and EB's irrigation mods.
    i set the new canal trading post to alcohol,cider,wine,and whiskey.the mini is set to leather coats.since the merchants like to bring what we already have,we don't need to stock much in the seed and livestock trading posts.some of the trading posts don't use all items.i try to set the food traders to items we do produce steadily.it would be nice if we could organize the inventories by flag,food all in a group,crafted,building supplies grouped.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: 5 yr production
pic 3: inventory

brads3

YEAR 80

BY summer we send away over 300 nomads.work continues on the north village and canal.we add a shorehouse for sand and a throwback glass factory to supply the distillery.we continue adding housing and fields.work begins on a large stone quarry next to the east mountain edge.with the canal finished,the crew starts on another rice paddy and reed farm.another house and storage barn are planned.with so many workers, you would think clearing would go faster.

pic 1: canal
pic 2:throwback glass factory,
pic 3: nordic school with addition

brads3

YEAR 81-82

the next 2 years go slow.it seems to take longer to clear and stock supplies for construction.we do add some decorations here and there.boats,dock railings,benches,trees,a small garden,and some crates.we finish the rice paddy and quarry as well as a few houses.EB's herbalist is built and decorated with the irrigation deco mod.i do hope the bannies begin to clear faster.we trade for food heavily and need more fields.we have lots to do.

pic 1:ships near sherbrooke
pic 2:rowboats near quay fishery
pic 3:large quarry
pic 4:EB herbalist and IZBA house

brads3

YEAR 83-84

a houseware supplier is added to the production area.land is cleared for houses,other buildings,and more fields to feed workers.we also fix an issue with the reed worker walking around the corner of the canal.we added dock pieces,bridges,invisible roads,and cleared debris.finally the bannies are comfortable with it and start adding a dock house for him.
    we add a 2nd set of rowhouse diagnals and more fields.we also expand the silk production with another mulberry grove.we add another greenhouse and begin a 2story rowhouse set with tile roofs.with 4 roof textures this is a huge set.

pic 1:canal access
pic 2:rowhouse diagnals
pic 3: 2 story rowhouse started and 2nd grove with beehives

brads3

YEAR 85 REVIEW

population 1309,908 adult,159 student,242 children.77% educated in 300+ houses

as slow as it goes lately,i did finish a couple mods.the onestop mining mod,NORDIC school,EB herbalist and a deco pack.i did say it would slow down with some of these bigger mod sets.we did bring the food reserves up though it should be even higher.we begin spring with 38,000+.
     the biggest help to our food is being able to produce it year round.we don't need to just use farms and gain a huge reserve in the fall.our greenhouses help spread it out more.but the overall production shows we are near break even.the trading has helped.
    i don't like having the laborer count so high.i also wish i could get the housing up. to me work does not go as fast as it should considering there is soo many.and i certainly can't build houses without expanding food.
    someone mentioned building houses closer together,back when i was working on the plymouth farms.if i had done that,i would have pushed population higher than the food.the bannies in those extra houses would have no place to work either.even in the colonial village,1 house can work 2 fields.the other houses have to have work places.i normally like to have 2 workplaces per house,then add a couple extra houses to each village.this spreads the laborers out around the map.in theory it should balance the travel times and spread goods around to all the areas.
    this map has been played differently.instead of concentrating on balance,i have been pushing to build all the buildings.by now it is what it is.maybe back about year 50,i should have let a group of nomads go and got more control back.
      as it is,we have survived.we trade many items taking food and firewood.   the biggest challenge has been trying to figure out where to go next.though i have some ideas,the bannies work speed and needs dictate i work elsewhere.it will be interesting to see what happens next.

i did take some time and ran a test to see how close to the top edge i could push things.debugged 2 canal sets and some buildings to see if the bannies would work the area.it did seem to function.it is a long ways to get there and will take time to clear and dig and build.

pic 2: production
pic 4: canal debug test

RedKetchup

haha i see you still have trouble with the canal handling
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

the test was more about where to place it.yeah it was a rough test..mainly wanted to see how deep into the outside mountains i can go and the bannies will function and use the buildings or houses.

brads3

YEAR 85

i take time to adjust the traders to move items.even with the added markets to help,they are picky about what they move faster.some stock quicker than others,some merchants are also picky.to help i am going to order an old town trade post for sherbrooke to ship the pine items and bring food and firewood into the northern part of the map.
       we complete a dairy barn and parlor in the north and the tile roof 2story rowhouse.the laborers begin clearing land south of the colonial village.
     we have a bad outbreak of TB.it claims 33 lives before our doctors gain control over it.

pic 1:old town trading post for sherbrooke
pic 2:dairy parlor and barn
pic 3: 2 story rowhouse

brads3

YEAR 86

A set of saltbox houses expands the colonial village.we add a grain silo,lean to sttorage and an apiary.a 1 room school and library will keep them educated.we add a set of larger stone houses and extend the fields.
    finally we have over 100,000 food and over 2700 firewood.

pic 1:saltbox houses
pic 2:resource depot
pic 3:large stone houses from the fountain lite mod

brads3

YEAR 87

keeping with building small CC house sets,we add the country houses and a gable house.we add a hospital and fenceless cemetary,a tavern,eddible market,and a windmill and bakery.

pic 1:CC country houses
pic 2:gable house
pic 3:hospital,fountain.mill,and eddible market                                                                                                         

brads3

YEAR 88-89

with our towns well stocked,we can now start construction of a castle.a mountain castle is planned in the north with a medieval town.it will take time to clear land and supply the materials for the castle.
    it may look like i jumped away from the colonial village.there is good reson to that,some of the houses require fancy housewares.i switched several production buildings to start stocking those up.the housewares has already been stocking for a few years.that is 1 thing with the CC production chains,there is so many items and many are needed to build different buildings.the mines themselves have to be dug several times before they are deep enough to be unlimited.each time requiring different materials to complete the upgrades.as supplies are stockpiled,we continue expanding and building.
    most of the year is spent clearing and laying roads out.the builders add a precious mine and jade quarry to the north's mining.while waiting for the castle to be constucted,they start on the medieval buildings.an urban bakery and market,a bathhouse,school and library,and an archeology center are completed in year 89.through winter,the huge mountain castle is finished.

pic 1:mountain castle start
pic 2:jade quarry and 2nd precious mine
pic 3:NMT buildings started
pic 4:mt castle completed

brads3

YEAR 90 REVIEW

POPULATION 1337,971 adult,154 student,212 children in 340 houses with 83% educated.
      we are in need of houses.our food reserves and other items are well stocked.the colonial town has expanded and we started on the NMT town.

that is a lot of work.it has taken longer than i would have hoped.most of the small mods are completed.for the next 10 years,we will concentrate on the NMT town aand try to work toward the other canal sets.there is several rowhouses and CC buildings yet.even though i have placed decorations here and there,there is huge amount left.

pic 2: 5yr production
pic 4: 10yr food graph

kid1293

I think it is the most living town I have seen!
Everywhere there is a new view!

Like it! (where's the button?)