News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Does someone know why villagers won't move into the two-story houses?

Started by Eutime, August 03, 2017, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eutime

Hello everyone,

Not exactly sure what's going on but the scenario is that I have demolished around 12 wooden houses, then build two story houses (got the MOD for it), and then surprisingly all my two story houses are empty and villagers wont move it.  With that said, I did a little experiment and there are 3 scenarios I will point out. 
i) First picture you can see, this one particular two story house (was my first two story house build before the mass demolishing of wooden houses took place)- and villagers moved into this house just fine. 
ii) 2nd picture shows two of the two story houses empty even though there are older villagers enough to start a family.  So, what I did here I build a regular stone house (bottom left you can see it immediately populated)!!!
ii) scenario 3 shows another case where I demolished wooden houses, then build two story houses for them, but there are empty also!  Statistics shows I have 42 families, but only 35 homes - and only one two story house has 2 families and the rest two story houses are empty?  Should I just demolish theses empty two story houses and build stone houses - I really wanted to solve this issue so that I can have most of my houses two stories?  If anyone has any ideas - it is appreciated.  Thanks to all.
Emil

embx61

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

i dont know who made that mod .... but it cannot work like that.

as soon you add more than 1 family to an house, it becomes a boarding house, and the game threat boarding houses differently : citizens will only go live in a boarding house unless they are SDF( *sorry SDF is a french expresion that mean homeless people ) and there is absolutely no home available.
and people living temporary in a boarding house will search to leave as soon as possible there is an open house for them.

if you want a real 2 story house.... i suggest this to you :) and they are so cute !
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=243
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Eutime

Hello,

I downloaded this MOD from banishedinfo "Two Story House (beta) v 0.91 "; however, it doesn't seem to work, they stay in for a little bit then they do leave eventually.  Umm.  I think I will then move on to the two story houses that RedKetchup suggested !  I just demolised all ten or so two story houses and build regular stone houses, and then problem was solved.  Thank you all for your great help.  Have a good evening everyone.  Emil

RedKetchup

Quote from: Eutime on August 03, 2017, 08:42:04 PM
they stay in for a little bit then they do leave eventually.

exactly like a boarding house, as soon you built a real house... they move on.

Quote from: Eutime on August 03, 2017, 08:42:04 PM
I think I will then move on to the two story houses that RedKetchup suggested !

you will see they are so awesome :)
and super cute.

after a while, you wont be able to play without those :)

Eutime

Yup, I actually like these little houses.  I have built a few of them so far, and are watching who will be moving into them.  I am hoping that some of these 2 floor houses will house 2 families, so my pop is higher with fewer houses.  I appreciate you telling me about these, I had no idea they existed.  I took a couple of screenshots for those who want to see them.  Great little houses indeed.

RedKetchup

it is not that way that are intented to be used ^^

put the 1st floor on the ground, and then just to the right of it, you put the 2nd floor which will match and imbricate the 1st floor  ;D

like this :

behind the house, rear side, the chimneys should imbricate ^^
*(the 2nd floor staircase should go between the fence and the house of the first floor)

you can use "F" key to rotate through the colors