News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Question about crops.

Started by DesoPL, August 05, 2017, 10:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesoPL

I feel kinda lost about crops. Since NMT and CC got the same mostly crops, but anything new is as well? Mainly asking because i use again megamod, but without CC 1.5.

RedKetchup

Quote from: DesoPL on August 05, 2017, 10:37:17 AM
I feel kinda lost about crops. Since NMT and CC got the same mostly crops, but anything new is as well? Mainly asking because i use again megamod, but without CC 1.5.

out of flax, with NMT you will get all CC crops + more exclusivities
you can get flax from something else though

or there is something i missed ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

DesoPL

For all i know, Flax is included in latest megamod due to Discrepnancy mod.

brads3

RED when you say NMT gives all of CC crops,do you mean even the older versions of NMT that worked with the 1.06? is there a way to make the crop fields list crops alphabetically instead of the order you trade for them?
   DESO,what is confusing you about the crops?

DesoPL

Confusing me because i downloaded NMT crops right now, and got in Megamod CC 1,71 Journey so idk which ones use.

brads3

you can use the debug and check the lists.that is the only way i know of to make it alphabetical too.then do it with just NMT,see what is different.

RedKetchup

there is no way to make it alphabetical. in my folder, the rawmaterialxxx.rsc are in alpha ^^

the list :

- Barley : [CC] , grain
- Broccoli : [NEW] , vegetable
- Carrot : [NEW] , vegetable
- Cucumber : [NEW] , vegetable
- Kale : [NEW] , vegetable
- Lettuce : [SRS] , vegetable
- Pea : [NEW] , vegetable
- Radish : [NEW] , vegetable
- Sorghum : [CC] , grain
- Spinach : [NEW] , vegetable
- Strawberry : [NEW] , fruit
- Tomato : [NEW] , vegetable
- Turnip : [NEW] , vegetable
- Watermelon : [CC] ,  fruit

did i missed something ?

brads3

i'm not sure how to answere that. the argument is CC has too many. i would add oat,wheat,rye,sunflower,cabbage,bean,onion,corn,cotton,squash,and potato. this depends on several things. some are added via EB,DS,or KID.not that we all use all everyones mods.it also depends on processing as well. cotton is a staple to clothing production. suage cane is to sugar but there are other ways such as maple sap or sugar beets.it also further depends on country i think.all players come from different areas and use different foods differently. here in the US. i don't think we use sorghum and sunflowers as much as other countries.similar discussion we had with the berries before.
    this is 1 of those discussions i wish more new players would speak up on. the variety of crops is one of the reasons i use CC.it can be overwhelming with so many though.
    a lot depends on how far WOB wants to take things. do we want to use pottery and start a cannery? use cucumbers and make pickles? pies and jellies have been added but some of those mods do bring the crops. there are some standards. cotton,corn and oat is also used for animal feeds,squash,potato, and onions since they keeps well. NECORA did start to use corn as a feed for goats and other animals.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on August 06, 2017, 10:18:22 AM
i'm not sure how to answere that. the argument is CC has too many. i would add oat,wheat,rye,sunflower,cabbage,bean,onion,corn,cotton,squash,and potato. this depends on several things. some are added via EB,DS,or KID.not that we all use all everyones mods.it also depends on processing as well. cotton is a staple to clothing production. suage cane is to sugar but there are other ways such as maple sap or sugar beets.it also further depends on country i think.all players come from different areas and use different foods differently. here in the US. i don't think we use sorghum and sunflowers as much as other countries.similar discussion we had with the berries before.

Wheat, bean, corn, squash, potato are already Vanilla crops. i didnt put the vanilla ones in my list, they are in game no matter we want or not (cannot delete those from game)

oat, rye ? yeah probably 2 i missed
onion are already in game as wild food ( so like blueberries, it doesnt have the same output numbers (same as mushroom 16-22 instead of 50-65 for crop numbers) :P )

cotton will come from NMT3.0Series: Industries. (same as Hops) with all clothing... luxeries... etc.

yeah sunflowers i didnt added that, do i need too ?

something sure, i dont recreate CC !!! so all the cannery thing... pickles things... jelly things... the sugar cane and candy ....
i wont touch at all.
i dont want to make NMT a CC Copy ^^

embx61

You can use my sunflowers if you want them.

They are part of the Production Set 2 in the Laboratory.
As the rawmaterialGlass.rsc is in there too you hit two birds with one stone :)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

i agrew with EB. no need to remake what is made.and no REd i don't want you to copy CC. there is too many and it is overwhelming.some might be useful but they can be added later.you did  upgrade the vanilla crop textures?

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on August 06, 2017, 11:21:02 AM
i agrew with EB. no need to remake what is made.and no REd i don't want you to copy CC. there is too many and it is overwhelming.some might be useful but they can be added later.you did  upgrade the vanilla crop textures?

i did !
doesnt look like the PeakValley crops... but i did :)

feneris

Guess I'm the weird one here because my philosophy is that there is no such thing as too many crop types. Probably the best solution is to tailor your crops to the region or time period you want to represent.

In truth we have most of the crops we need in terms of vegtables, grains, and fruit trees. Rye, oats, sorghum, rice, and barley really beefed up the grains.

Though I am surprised no one has added more nuts. Hazelnuts and almonds for example would help beef that up. Maybe add pistachios and macadamia nuts for hotter climes.

The Pilgrim

I know it's not a crop, but I would love to see a small chicken coop like the dock one in CC that requires eggs to build instead of "domesticated animals". It just seems to make more sense to me.

brads3

hmm how do we get the eggs for it? what came 1st chicken or the egg?!