News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Some Tradeport values questions.

Started by embx61, August 25, 2017, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Does anybody know what the trade values really do in the trade port template code?

The population, monthsTrade and tolerance I think I know how that works.
So for the first row and have a pop of at least 30 it can take 12 months (or -6 tolerance) or ( +6 tolerance ) before the trader shows up.
So everything between 6 months and 18 months. Correct?

But what is the ItemCountScale and ItemStackScale really do?

I know the stack scale is set in the raw material files and the Item count in the trade port file.
But looking at the first row again what is that 8 value for each really do?

TradeScale _tradeScale
[
{ int _population = 30; float _monthsTrade = 12; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 6; int _itemCountScale = 8; int _itemStackScale = 8; }
{ int _population = 60; float _monthsTrade = 9; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 4; int _itemCountScale = 6; int _itemStackScale = 6; }
{ int _population = 90; float _monthsTrade = 5; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 4; int _itemCountScale = 4; int _itemStackScale = 4; }
{ int _population = 120; float _monthsTrade = 4; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2; int _itemCountScale = 3; int _itemStackScale = 3; }
{ int _population = 150; float _monthsTrade = 4; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 2; int _itemCountScale = 2; int _itemStackScale = 2; }
{ int _population = 180; float _monthsTrade = 3; float _monthsTradeTolerance = 1; int _itemCountScale = 1; int _itemStackScale = 1; }
]
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

I guess they are divisors for the value _itemCount (under Merchant) and  _stackCount (in RawMaterial-file)

The _itemCount and _stackCount are maximum and then you divide with a number depending on population.
I used these values in Alotofseeds mod and set both to 1. I got maximum everytime.

embx61

Thanks Kid

That makes indeed sense.

So after a pop of 180 it will always be the max as set as ItemCount and StackCount.

kid1293

Yes but you can, of course, change the 180 too.

embx61

Yeah, I ask because elemental tells me the traders not bringing enough stuff.

I left all the values by default as in Vanilla. So 15 for ItemCount in the trader file and 2000 for most foods in the Template Files.

Only the seeds and livestock are lower (was 2 for livestock and 4 for seeds (6 total as mine are combined in one Farmers Trader)  but increased this for the next version to 12 so some more seeds are brought in so the player has more of a choice which to choose.

elemental plays with the 1:1 mod so his pop is probably not that high so I think for example the Vanilla pumpkins are set at 2000 stack in the Raw Material file and if he has between 30 and 60 pop it will be 2000/8 = 250.

I try to figure out what Luke's idea was with this setup.
I think it gives more variety at the beginning of the game as if the trader brings 2000 onions for 32 pop it maybe is too much and then room is taken away for more diversity in the items he brings what brings me to the next question.

Is there a limit the trader boat can carry total in weight?

kid1293

I guess no.
8 cows in that boat should really set the limit.  :D

embx61

LOL

You got a point there :)
I am amazed what a volume that rowboat can carry.

Maybe this is more suitable :)

kid1293

Hahaha! Upriver on the way to a Banished town.  ;D ;D ;D

The Pilgrim

I just noticed something, if you look at the months ranges... When the population is 90-120 the range is 1-9 months, but at no other point does the minimum reach 1 month. Maybe the spread should be reduced a little bit there. I always though that there was a point that it felt like you got overwhelmed with trader and then it tapered off. Now I see why.

brads3

while we are discussing traders, can a mod be made to change the values  for the different merchants and make them random like TOM does with the NORTH mod?

Abandoned

I wouldn't mind a mod for a discount seed merchant, half off any purchase, or BOGO (buy one get one free) or how about some coupons for special customers.   :)  Okay, I know the last ones are not possible but cheaper would be nice.