News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Banished v1.0.7 Released

Started by RedKetchup, September 13, 2017, 10:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/2017-09-13-1-0-7-released/

Version 1.0.7 is now live on Steam and Humble, and should soon be available on GOG.com shortly.

Steam should auto-update the game, otherwise you'll have to download the new version from your purchase location. If you bought the game from the Humble Store or from Shining Rock Software, you can download the latest version using the link you originally received to download the game. If you no longer have the email, you can get it resent using this tool: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

As always, Email support (at) shiningrocksoftware (dot) com if you have any issues.

This will likely be the last update of Banished, except for any major bug fixes. The OSX and Linux versions development has stopped, and won't be released. Going forward I'll be focusing on new games and projects.

QuoteModKit & Downloads
For the Mod Kit, here's the new download. This Mod Kit should build mods created with the beta version with no changes.
BanishedKit_1.0.7.170910.zip

You should download the full new version of the game, but if you want to patch version 1.0.6 you can use this patch.
BanishedPatch_1.0.6_To_1.0.7.170910.zip

Note that you need to apply the patch to version 1.0.6. Previous versions of the game won't work with this patch. Once downloaded, just unzip the archive into the folder where you have Banished installed. This is usually C:\Program Files\Shining Rock Software\Banished\. Please be sure to run the .exe's that are in the archive – some distributions have the .exe named differently.

version 1.0.7 is now LIVE and will be the final version (unless important bug release)
there wont be any linux/mac version.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

Well, beside major bug fixes this is it then.

I had still a bit a bit of hope Luke would add some stuff to the Mod Kit but we have to do with what we have.

The game is over three years old so not really blaming him that he goes forward with other projects.

He gave us at least more build requirements and 10 more limits.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

even if the number has changed 170608 to 170910 ... this is exactly the last build that was beta that gone live (maybe + some fix about crash? maybe) :-X
which also means the debug hasnt been fixed... not even sure if he read the last email i sent about the bug of it. i tested in game, and still not fixed.

the good news : everybody will have to live with patch 1.0.7 and no more 1.0.6 hehe

Goblin Girl

Red, I haven't used 1.0.7 yet, so can you explain what's wrong with Debug?  Should I keep the old version of it, or download a new one?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Goblin Girl on September 13, 2017, 11:10:14 AM
Red, I haven't used 1.0.7 yet, so can you explain what's wrong with Debug?  Should I keep the old version of it, or download a new one?

you dont need a new one. this is a feature that is already in game but hidden from view to players, the mod only make it visible to you.
the problem with it, you cannot add special custom flags resources to your storage place : only custom0 one. there is 10 new buttons for custom 0-9 but each ones of these will add +250 Custom0 one. even if you click the custom 3, 6 or 9 or whatever... it will add +250 custom0.

Goblin Girl

OK.  I guess that will make more sense to me when I install the new version of the game and the mods I use.  Thanks.  :)

kid1293

Does this mean we are Banished now?

:)

embx61

Yeah, I not see Luke do nothing anymore with either Banished and the Mod Kit beside major bugs if they pop up.

Now waiting  what plans he has for the new game and new low level code he put a lot of work in.

I hope for a Banished 2 but won't hold my breath.

QueryEverything

What was I saying about the betting pool the other day @embx61 ...

This doesn't bring me joy, but at least it brings us closure :)  We now know for a certainty that what we have is what we have.
What a shame though that there were small things that could be changed in the base code, but would have meant so much to the community that he just left.

Perhaps he's taking it all on board for his new game?  Perhaps he's taking all of the advice, feedback, suggestions and building them from the groundup?  Some may be easier to implement on a blank canvas than patch it in.

The old developer rhyme ... 99 little bugs in my code, 99 little bugs in my code, fix 1 little bug, the bug shall run, now there's 101 little bugs in my code.  hahaha ...

*le sigh, I'm not holding out too much hope that Game #2 is Banished, but way better (base code & functionality), and doesn't become abandonware, but, I do sparkle with it a little :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

O sure @QueryEverything

Because the release of 1,07 took him so long I had some hope he was adding some small stuff to the Mod Kit.

Sadly it is not the case.

But I am pretty sure he will carry some stuff along to his next project.
Even Luke will see while Banished was a success it is carried even further because of the mods.

The modding have added a lot to Banished and I am pretty sure quite a few players bought Banished because of all the mods released for it.
The community here is still quite strong and growing.

We approaching the 7000 members.

Luke will probably go with real 3d terrain as he did quite some testing on that.
He also works on a in game editor what makes making some changes way easier them typing it all in a console.

I also believe that he will at support for modding from the start of his next game instead of a addon.

Doing it from the start makes it easier for him to open the hooks up what the modders can use as the code is ready for it.

I am pretty sure if luke had developed Banished with modding support from the start he would have given us more stuff to play with but it is just too much work to alter all the code for it the way Banished was developed.

I like to add that after more then 3 years after release he had to stop at one time to fully move to his next project.
We can be pleased of what he gave us after release and the only thing what maybe going to hurt him a bit is the MAC/LINUX community as he promised a Linux/MAC version but cancelled it and quite a few are not happy with that at all.

He should have never promised it but should have said something more in the line of "I look into it to make a LINUX/MAC version" instead of outright promise it."

I can see the LINUX/MAC players are disappointed and some already claim on his site they not going to buy another SRS game.

Tom Sawyer

I also followed this yesterday and it is nice to have 1.0.7 released. But stopping support of the modkit is a bad news of course and doesn't really make sense to me. At least not without a concrete announcement of a next version or similar new game. Banished is still played with a constant number of people and is earning money by new sells on Steam and Humble, also because of mods. The last two updates of this year were showing how interesting new features can be "unlocked" by modding and some tiny tweaks of the core game with minimum effort. Why to cancel this now? We had more ideas in this direction and the motivating hope to get at least a few of them... dreaming of a working happiness system for example. Now we can bury such ideas and limit ourselves to create more decorations or modding another game or I still don't know exactly what the message is.

AzemOcram

Just like the Towns community moved onto Banished, Dwarf Fortress, and gnomorria (sp?) after development ended, eventually the Banished community will move onto other games, such as Life is Feudal: Forest Village.

brads3

when you decide to buy all those games for us to move on,i hope you make sure we take our great modders with us too.:)

Paeng

Well, I see things a bit differently... to be honest, there are not many games that really interest me. Sure, I play a lot of different titles, but they are like a fever - once I burned through it, it's over.

Builders are different, personally I believe because they are constructive (as opposed to destructive)... I play Banished (=builders) without a plan, without a goal, without a story - I make those up as I go along, every new town is a fresh adventure, a new puzzle, a different challenge - even though the basic ingredients are more or less the same each time.

Naturally, I need mods for that, they supply diversity and themes, and occsionally even new mechanics. The difference with me is maybe that I don't really need much - I don't expect every mod to add new revolutionary gizmos... a "simple" new terrain texture like "Peak Valley" or "Marsh" can turn my head totally around, make me see every feature, chain, building in a different context - like I'm sitting before a brand new game.

Okay, so I'm a visual animal - the survival aspect or minmaxing of Banished captivates me only in short bursts... still, I see no end to the possibilities, specially for themes, but also for the level of detail for individual items, be it buildings, props, textures or whatever...

As long as someone mods, people will play. And engage in conversation  ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

adelegarland

@Paeng I agree!  I'll play banished for a long time and look forward to many more mods along the way!  Even if Luke is done with it, I'll still play, as Paeng said each game is new and different.
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.