News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Friendly Neighborhood V2.01

Started by kid1293, November 25, 2017, 04:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turis

When I ask if this mod works with other mod, my worries is they'll cause a crash to desktop. I already know I may have to duplicate buildings for their different chains of production. My main worry for now it's that the North is still in 1.06 instead of 1.07 and can crash the game.

kid1293

Quote from: twilightbreeze on December 02, 2017, 01:46:25 AM
It looks and plays great in-game but not very compatable with The North, tailor doesn't do reindeer hide, only leather, wool, and linen/flax, so can't use that. Blacksmith doesn't recognize charcoal, only coal, not even with the charburner. And he doesn't "make" iron or steel either, so can't use that.  :(

It works. With limitations.

Gatherer

Quote from: twilightbreeze on December 02, 2017, 06:09:28 AM
Gatherer, I feel that reply was a bit rude. I never said it had to be compatible with every mod. Was just pointing out some areas for improvement.  >:(

And I was just pointing out my own train of thought, hence the "imo" at the end. Nothing rude with that (unless you want it to be).

And those areas of improvement would make it compatible with The North mod. And another request granted after that would make it compatible with something else. And why is it not compatible with...???...god knows what.

For the sake of peace let's just agree that we disagree on some points. I'm not forcing you to be right.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Turis

And I'm not forcing you to be "left".

galensgranny

I like it that the set is made to work with the original game of Banished.   :)   I don't want a modder making items for the basic to game to then think to try to make them compatible for those whole game changing mods such as The North or CC.   

Kid's building mods don't need any improvements in my opinion!

Turis

As far as I know, Tom included a tanner to change rheindeer hide to leather in the next versión of the North mod, but, it's being quite a long time since he posted any news. I thought the mod was ready to go, but...hmms...

galensgranny

@kid1293 , the tavern is storing food items not being used to make ale, such as storing beans from my bean field.  Is it supposed to do that, or might it be because I have CC, RK Editor's Choice, and a great many other mods, which might be causing some oddities?

Nilla

This is a problem of the vanilla brewery in a pure vanilla game as well. It has nothing to do with a combination of mods. Kid can answer this better but as far as I have tested, he uses the vanilla values in his taverns and I think, that this illogical, typical Banni behaviour ;) to use the brewery as store for other food is getting along with it.

galensgranny

Thanks, Nilla.  Then I suppose I need some additional storage next to the brewery, if that would even help.

Nilla

It would probably help, but you'll never know what the Bannis like to do. In any case, if they use the breweries as store, the production gets down. The brewer need to carry these "odd" food away before he can start to get what he needs and produce. From that point of view, it's also good to have stores close to brewers; it doesn't take all too long to get rid of beans and cabbage.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: galensgranny on June 16, 2018, 12:51:24 AM
@kid1293 , the tavern is storing food items not being used to make ale, such as storing beans from my bean field. 
They stop off for a pint on their way home from work, get sloshed, and forget to take their beans with them.

LadyMarmalade

@Goblin Girl - It's a sure sign that I spend too much time on Facebook when I read your last comment and my immediate thought was to reach for the like button!
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

kid1293

It is perfectly normal as Nilla said.
The brewer will empty the storage when he starts to brew.
Maybe a lot to take away but I have never seen any problems.

galensgranny

Ok then, it seems the Bannies just do odd things.  I had not used taverns much in the past, so never noticed that.  Now that I am trying to increase happiness, I need the taverns.  I have the Friendly Neighborhood tavern right next to the bean field, but on the side I don't have a storage barn.  So I see that one should have some kind of food storage all around the fields.  They might still put beans in the tavern, but at least the tavern worker will have a short trip to get rid of the beans.

galensgranny

In some ways it is nice to have that border around the buildings, but other times not.  Maybe someday if you think to do an update, @kid1293 , you might make it so at least some of the buildings can be next to one another without a gap, like maybe the storage building, the tavern and bakery.  Then they could be right next to each other like one building.