News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Where you live ?

Started by RedKetchup, June 29, 2014, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oenanthe

Seeing as the UK seems under represented I had better add another to the list.  Greeting from Wolverhampton in the West Midlands. 

Weather report; wet normally.  Winter, wet and cold, Summer, wet and warm, and if it isn't actually raining we are normally expecting it to and making comments about it looks like it is going to, except on those few sunny days in the Summer when we complain about it being too hot.  Weather is something the British really can talk (moan) about all the time.

Thorgrimm

I hail from a town eight miles east of St Paul, one of the Twin Cities in Minnesota, called Little Canada!  ;D

A comment on the weather can be summed up by a nickname we Minnesotans have for our state: Minnesnowda! As it suggests we get lots of snow!

Cheers, Thor
The Mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be lit - Plutarch

Glenn

I live in a small coastal village on the shore of Jervis Bay, two hours drive south of Sydney, Australia on the south coast on New South Wales.

A very nice place to live, well away from the problems of life in a city.

A Nonny Moose

I live in a small town about 100 Km. north of London, Ontario, Canada.  Hensall has a population in the neighbourhood of 1200 if you take in the rural areas, and is the white (Navy) bean capital of Canada if not the world.  There are two big elevator companies here that job the beans onto the rail system.  While there are a few active industrial operations here, it is mostly a retirement community and for some hardy souls, a bedroom community for London.  There is no public transit and it takes about an hour to reach the outskirts of the city along provincial highway No. 4 with a general speed limit of 80 Km/hr except going through towns.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

Oona

This topic is a bit stale but I live in the greater Sacramento, California area. I can't complain about my home, considering all the people who have lost so much to hurricanes. It's been a bit smoky here though because of all the fires. The weatherman said, "The air quality is dangerous and there are so many fires burning, we can't even tell you which one is making the sunlight turn orange."

Hey, RedKetchup, my grandmother was a Bérubé! Her mother was a Mongeon and the family lived in Rimouski and Kamuraska on the east side of the St. Lawrence River. She used to speak french with me, but I haven't been able to do that in many years. There's not much opportunity here to keep that up. "Nadie aquí hablo francés."
Some days I'm amazing. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.

Savidan

I live in Belgium but I'm french.

I live on the border beetwen france and belgium but belgium side. I can cross the border while jumping over the fence in my garden, true ^^

RedKetchup

c'est bien que quelques uns sachent parler la langue de Molière :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Savidan

Oui :)

Mais j'essai de progresser en anglais alors je me force a écrire avec la langue de Shakespeare :)

QueryEverything

<-- An Aussie, South of the Australian coast line :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

South of the Australian coastline. Tasmania?

My guess is Victoria, Close to Melbourne.

Live currently in Bowling green, KY, USA.
Before that me and my beloved wife lived In Louisville, KY.

Before that I lived in the Netherlands. Born in Amsterdam but lived since my 22 in Lelystad.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

angainor88

Boston, Massachusetts, USA :)

The weather here is just starting to turn into fall (70 degree days, 50 degrees nights (F)), so it's almost the best part of the year.

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on September 11, 2017, 11:19:46 AM
Boston, Massachusetts, USA :)

the baby bruins just won 9-3 over the baby devils :)

angainor88

:)

I guess it is time for hockey season to start up again haha. It's hard to follow sports teams when you don't have TV.

I used to play when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun, but those pads were heavy to carry around.

RedKetchup

Quote from: angainor88 on September 12, 2017, 08:43:47 AM
:)

I guess it is time for hockey season to start up again haha. It's hard to follow sports teams when you don't have TV.

I used to play when I was a kid. It was a lot of fun, but those pads were heavy to carry around.

oh i dont have a tv neither !!!

when the season will start ... check for "reddit NHL Stream" in google :)

Necora

@RedKetchup who do you support? I can't wait for the season to start, since moving over here I love hockey, far more entertaining than football (soccer for you North Americans ;) ). I started to learn to skate last year so hopefully one day I can actually play a pick up game of hockey.

I'm in rural Nova Scotia, Canada, although originally from the south coast of the UK. I live on 18 acres of forest, with bears in my shed in the spring, deer in the woods, and porcupines currently stealing my apples that I want for cider making.