News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Fan Fiction Section

Started by Abandoned, December 25, 2020, 05:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Just pointing out there is thread here for anyone wanting to write Original stories related to Banished, original meaning not copied or based on someone else's. 

As you know my style of game play is story based as described in my first blog Smallville posted in the blog section on Oct 16, 2016.  It was unique from previous threads posted because I choose my style of blog to be a story, and continued to play maps and write stories that are original and connected in some way to my own previous stories.  We all have our own style of gameplay and postings, as it should be.  Banished is a great game that we all enjoy in our own way.

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1312.0

kid1293

catty-cb

Quote from: Abandoned on December 25, 2020, 05:52:32 AM
Just pointing out there is thread here for anyone wanting to write Original stories related to Banished, original meaning not copied or based on someone else's.....

I completely agree with you about not copying your stories as I know you put a lot of effort into them, but anyone who plays banished plays to the same set of game requirements ie building a village in the middle of nowhere and in a lot of cases with the same mods so with the very best intentions in the world I can't see how anyone can post something completely unique that doesn't in some way reflect something someone else has done in the past either in-game or a previous blog.

Abandoned

Yes, it is a lot of work trying to remain unique and original now.  When I started storytelling as my style of blog and for a long while after, the blog styles and formats were a lot different, not story based.  Perhaps I should have started to post in this Fan Fiction section but I had no idea I would be writing so many stories, one led to another.  They are all connected.  But sorry to say there has been copying.

catty-cb

Quote from: Abandoned on January 21, 2021, 06:54:39 AM
.....Perhaps I should have started to post in this Fan Fiction section but I had no idea I would be writing so many stories, one led to another.  They are all connected....

Yes like chapters in a book   :)

theonlywanderer

Kind of petty thing to complain about if you ask me.  Pretty sure you can't copyright a style of writing, only the words.   This is like a blues or rock singer complaining that another person writes a blues or rock song.   Your style of writing isn't unique, many books and movies are written with connecting stories, so maybe all those people should be chastising you for copying their style?

And what makes you think these people in question weren't already writing stories and playing this game before they even found this forum and decided to start posting.

The only thing you would have to complain about is somebody copying and pasting your exact text.... can you provide links to where this was done?  If not, then I'm not sure why you ever complained at all.

Abandoned

My latest story The Forge of Dwarves has been completed in the Village Blog section here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?board=30.0

and the new mod Kid Forge of Dwarves has been released - find info and link to download here:

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3915.0

Kristahfer

Love the way the two of you introduce a new mod.

Any ideas on your next work of art?

Abandoned

:) Thank you  :)  It did seem to be a good way to combine testing with a story rather than doing twice.  I do a few small test maps as we go along, sometimes I find a good map for the story at the same time.  And yes, Kid Fairy Garden is next new mod and after short break a new story too.   :)