News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Welcome New Members!

Started by Admin, July 08, 2014, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Don't know why you would want to avoid hunting, it is such easy early food, the most food you can get from a single guy, plus leather for coats! Just look at where the herds of deer are, and plop down a cabin so that the circle has at least one herd in it. But it's not hard to site it so that it has two different herds moving thru every year; that's where the big payoff is.

This cabin gets 800-1200 venison every year, and I never have had more than the one hunter in it.

Oops! We're OT  :-[

michaelrym

It's not a question of 'avoiding' hunting. I like hunting, but would like to have another choice right at the start. Bear in mind that with Adam and Eve, it's quite a while before you get the chance to buy any seeds.

Never mind, shouldn't have mentioned it in this thread.

irrelevant

Ah, okay. I find that a gatherers' hut is an excellent food producer, as long as you have a good-sized forest to put it in.

solarscreen

@michaelrym glad you finally got on.  Sorry it took awhile, hopefully I will have this bug fixed soon!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

AzemOcram

Hello! I am Ocram. I have built 4 villages in Banished, 1 of which died of old age, 2 of which were moderately successful, and one of which is extremely successful. My last village got to a population of approximately 60 before I got busy and stopped playing for a while. Steam says I played about 20 hours of Banished. I would like to play Banished more but it is installed on my gaming rig, which is at my mother's house, which I don't get much opportunity to visit nowadays.

My favourite games are simulation and sandbox games. I play SimCity, Cities XL, The Sims, Minecraft, Tropico, and Civilization as well.

I look forward to reading helpful tips here and downloading mods to help expand this game. I might try to make some mods eventually. I kind of want to make a brick walk-up upgrade to the bunkhouse which would be slightly warmer and have the same or higher capacity but allow families to form but that would require I made bricks a new resource.

solarscreen

@AzemOcram welcome to WOB!  Hope you enjoy your stay.  There is a lot of help and fun here!

smartfarmer

Hello everyone, I got the game last night, played it for a couple of hours until almost all my people starved to death. The game looks very interesting and it is of the kind I enjoy. Let's see what would happen down the road.

solarscreen

Quote from: smartfarmer on November 11, 2014, 10:10:31 AM
Hello everyone, I got the game last night, played it for a couple of hours until almost all my people starved to death. The game looks very interesting and it is of the kind I enjoy. Let's see what would happen down the road.

Welcome to the forum @smartfarmer !  Starvation is something we have all had to live through so you will find a lot of support here!

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

And ... as soon as you get the starvation thing worked out, count on something else biting you in the backside.  It's a more challenging game than first glance would indicate.  Enjoy and welcome.

AzemOcram

Yeah, after you figure out how to prevent your townsfolk from starving to death, you realize that you have not built enough houses fast enough and your town dies of old age. I threw out my first village because of starvation but I stopped playing my second village because of old age. Now, I use the Colonial Charter mod, which combines a couple of my favourite mods together in a good way and it has extended how much fun I can out of the game. Sadly, despite a whole lot of effort put in by my part, I cannot get Banished to run on my 5 year-old laptop that now runs Linux. Fortunately, my dad has a 4 year-old laptop that still runs windows that plays Banished like a charm (except it overheats).

A Nonny Moose

Well, old friend, I can get it to crawl on Linux under wine, but there are some serious problems with wine interfering with the multitasking.  Changes it over to apartment threading or tries to.  The result is that it crawls like a snail even at 10x speed.

Heresy!  I might even get a copy of W 7 just to play Banished.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

[Gone, but not forgotten. Rest easy, you are no longer banished.]
https://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/

TheOtherRick

Hello all. 52 year old nerd here that likes city building (Sim City 4) so I tried this game out. And now I'm hooked. Thanks Shining Rock!

Admin

Welcome @TheOtherRick !  Glad you are enjoying the game!

kad2371

Hi, I've been lurking a bit and decided if I'm going to keep reading all the useful posts, I ought to at least introduce myself.  I bought Banished during the Steam Summer Sale, but never got around to installing it until a couple weeks ago.  After my first few failed towns due to the usual reasons (starvation, old age die off, etc) I finally got the hang of the game and completed all the achievements.  Then I went looking for mods, which led me here.

Once I got past the initial learning curve the game hooked me, so I expect to spend many hours on it.  Special thanks to all the wonderful mod creators.  Mainly only used some of RK's and Slinks so far, but all the modders deserve a shout out.