Author Topic: SimCity 4 Deluxe  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Pangaea

• Champion
  • Architect
Re: SimCity 4 Deluxe
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »
I'll keep an eye out for it, maybe they'll put it on sale for xmas or something. Like the more famous cesspit version, GOG have regular sales as well, often with 70-80% price cuts.

Offline assobanana76

• Architect
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 05:55:27 AM »
thanks @A Nonny Moose
now all is clear!
I'll try to start with the vanilla version + NAM .. before I throw myself in the thousands of mods created for that game!
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!! :)

Offline purringcat

• Vendor
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2015, 05:46:58 PM »
Another plus for GOG, their version of SC4 runs without crashing on modern pc's, unlike Steam's version.   

Offline A Nonny Moose

• Architect
  • Try to always learn something new, daily.
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2015, 09:16:55 PM »
If you check the version of the executable in both cases it should be 1,1,641.  If Steam's doesn't run, then they've stepped on it some way.
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.

Offline rkelly17

• Founder
  • Banished Expert
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2015, 07:55:54 AM »
I use Steam (Civ 5, Banished, Cities: Skylines and several others), but I wouldn't bother for SC 4. The GOG version works great and requires nothing else (no CD or DVD, no Steam) in order to run--and it does run on Win 7 and 8. I'm not sure about 10 (I can't get the free update to install on my machines), but GOG has been pretty good about keeping everything up to date.

Offline A Nonny Moose

• Architect
  • Try to always learn something new, daily.
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2015, 09:37:01 AM »
Don't worry about Windows 10.  According to reports in Simtropolis, it is just fine provided your graphics system is OK.  http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/forum/5-sc4-bugs-technical-issues/
Go not to the oracle, for it will say both yea and nay.