News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

How do you do it?

Started by irrelevant, July 19, 2014, 02:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on July 21, 2014, 09:54:00 AM
@rkelly17, have you noticed that in 1.03 the dirt roads that have not yet been built require someone to remove them, if you have saved and reloaded since you laid them out?  I believe I have seen this behavior.

Yes, I think you are right. If I mark a road and it doesn't get built and then save and reload the little orange removal symbols appear and the laborers have to come and remove it. I hadn't thought to associate it with 1.0.3, but it does happen to me now and I'm using 1.0.3.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Bobbi

I reported that to Luke as a "bug" sometime back: http://shiningrocksoftware.com/forum/discussion/comment/21787#Comment_21787

As to how I "Plan": I figure out where I want to place things on a new map, trading post, bridges, market areas, forest circles. Leave them paused. Send laborers (not builders) to clear areas where buildings will be, but I like to leave as many trees as possible sprouting around the houses and businesses. Kind of plan one market area at a time, with an eye on where it will be going next. When it looks like I will be moving to the next area, I build a few house closer to that area for the laborers, in a place that makes sense for their eventually turning into farmers or whatever. Sort of a mix of planning and flying by the seat of my pants.

mariesalias

I also do much of my planning around the marketplaces, as well as forestry hubs and tradeports,

I need to leave some trees behind when I am building up areas. It is something I love in other peoples' towns but I never remember to do myself.