News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

I need help with a 3d graphic and make it show entirely in game.

Started by RedKetchup, September 03, 2014, 11:03:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

So i finally got a .fbx of a fence working !!! (that i created from the lettuce.fbx lol, i know ^^). at begining i was smashing my head on my desk trying to make a .fbx working and in same time a new code working.

so after some hours , or many hours, time flies, i decided to make sure my .fbx was working in the game (try to do something when or the 3d, or the code or both are wrong :S) so i decided to work with my awesome dairy milk MOD, and try to get my 3D working.

thanks god i resolves alot of problems cause it was really defect.

i finally got my fence working and spawning, instead of a bucket of milk... my little fence spawned !!!!!!!!! yahoooo !

but...... it was sooooooooooo tiny lol, so tiny you could put 5-6 of them INSIDE the bucket lol so i had to make it bigger, more bigger.
but i m facing another problem now, only a part of my new fence is only showing :S only the 25%-50% lower part /cry

so HELP ! what i do wrong ?

i thought was a camera thing ? a camera target thing ?  i changed that dozens of time and still not working :( there was some plane001, plane002 ... i changed that too making them bigger too , but still only the lower plank of wood is showing.

whats wrong ??

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

this screenshot shows my 3ds max , my fence and the camera

bigger and taking everything now, and still doesnt work, nothing changed at all. so i doubt its my camera

RedKetchup

i ve check all my dairy milk code, and i really see nothing there that can do that, i specify no numbers about 3d :S can it come from the game itself ? since it s supposely (for the moment) a ressource to pickup on the ground ?

graphite

Sorry Red its 4:30am here, and I'm off to bed .... got to get up in three hours to go to work ;) Will have a look when I get home. In the meantime check your unit scale when exporting the fbx. What unit setup are you using in max? what are the coordinates for the dummy objects ?

And another Jerry Build lol.

RedKetchup

metric. international 1 unit = 1,0 meters
checked : respect system units in files

coordinates of the dummy object ? that i have no idea

RedKetchup

slink

RedKetchup

oh i tried, lost 2 days on that lol

now i am dealing with the most illogical story on the world lol : the logic beneath the bridge/tunnel : yes/no/maybe/or/xor/and/what_ever_people_can_think lol
with : Faster | Fast | Normal | Obstacle | Occasional | Water | DeepWater |  Unusable | Walkable | 0 | NULL;

if you have time @slink can you check the :

Tunnel.rsc
WoodBridge.rsc

in resource\Template\ ?

i want to be able to put my mouseover the green grass and being 'green' 'allowed'  , click and drag it over 2-3-4+ tiles, over other green grass and being able drop it on the ground

definely, i didnt discovered the Big Enigma of the century LOL

@graphite : i m still in wait to try to figure out why i dont see all my fence lol

graphite

Try doing this and let me know what happens;

open max > create a 2mx1mx0.25m box to use as the fence

Does this work okay? or is it still small? 

RedKetchup

i tried (screenshot) and it doesnt even showing up LOL

in fact 0.25m x 2 x 1 was more an adequate box since was made x,y,z than the fence (screenshot)

but still dont show up.

and when i saw that i gone back to 3dxmax , then i saw and thought that maybe the camera is 'linked' and only watching that plank of wood ? (screenshot)

so i deleted the camera and done a new one, a free camera and retry it . again lol only show the lower plank of wood LOL

gone back to 3dsmax, i will re-ADD the 2x1x0.25 box and do another test

RedKetchup

i did your box again and it still not showing, only lower plank of wood

i gone back to 3ds and i assembled all the items together and now i cant get my milkAO working

and i tried to make different, i didnt assembled but i 'linked' the new box to the fence, still MilkAO problems :(

tried to resize my milkAO.png, still same :(

graphite

saw the other thread ... glad this is staring to work out for you ;)

RedKetchup

i found out why it wasnt showing, i think.

the problem was i did it too tiny, so couldnt find how to change the length of the pieces (length width and height) i right click and used << scale >> and drag it bigger till i was satisfied.

but seems it doesnt work with the game, it doesnt count the +% scale, he kept it same. I think.

also another thing i discovered tonight, the floor isnt really there , it s way beneath the green grass. my fence has in reality 3 planks of lateral wood, but we only see the 2 highest on top, the 3rd one is beneath the ground :S

graphite

Check where the pivot point for the model is. From what your saying it sounds like it is in the middle of the model, when it should be at the bottom ;)

Pangaea

I've no clue on 3d modelling and such, but apparently the game doesn't use the metric system, but inches. People have talked about 1 block = 1 meter, but the game using a 0.025 scale. Well, this actually means that 1 block = 1 inch instead, as that fits with 0.0254 meters. Luke is also American I think, so it was probably more natural to use his "home" system rather than the more European/worldwide metric system.

http://banishedmods.com/showthread.php?tid=1442&pid=3492#pid3492

Using another file I came across over there, I also found a list of tools that will animate in the game. So for those making new buildings and professions it may come in handy. I'm a novice modder, but just made a slight change to the woodcutter, so now he's using a fishing pole when making firewood :D

These appear to be all the tools, which can be selected under toolType
Axe
PickAxe
Scythe
Hoe
Hammer
Fishing
Anvil
Saw

Perhaps it would make more sense to use a Hammer when building those stone fences for example? Worth a try at least.