News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

3rd row of a tool bar.

Started by RedKetchup, September 05, 2014, 04:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i was wondering presently if it s possible to do a 3rd row of tool bars ?

cause at some point we can lack of space in the tool bars we have.

for example, i wish to put my fence in the road/bridge/tunnel menu, but if i need to do 3-4-6 different fence... can we put a general icon in 'road' called : fence and when we click on it, it would open another toolbar, a 3rd row of menu with the 3-4-6 different fence inside ?

also at some point we would need to do a 3rd row for .... 4-6-8 kind of ornamental flowers for example ^^

is it possible ?

(like in the screenshot if you didnt understood my question)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

There's already similar functionality for houses, you select to build a house, then you press "F" to cycle through the different styles available.

RedKetchup

it can be a possibility , if we cant add or coding a 3rd row
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

graphite

Yes, it can ... you would this via UI script, and images ;)

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 05, 2014, 04:18:05 AMpossible to do a 3rd row of tool bars?

Yes, it's possible... there is one mod I know of that already uses this technique -
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/81-Specialized-Storage

EDIT
Incidentally, this shows another item where modders need to find some sort of system - where to position items added to a toolbar...
Right now, Luke's items are sorted (in shortcuts) like F3, 7 - 3rd icon on the first bar, 7th item on the second bar. Modders who introduce new items must now find shortcuts that will fit in there somehow, and as much as possible without interrupting the order set by previous mods...

It would also be interesting to find out if a toolbar can be made to scroll sideways (once it gets really full in there)... ;)

It also shows that a repository of cool (3rd party?) icons (preferably matching the muted Banished colors, to avoid eyesores) is badly needed...

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]