News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA of the Brewery

Started by slink, October 11, 2014, 01:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 11:38:59 AMan easy way to draw those colour 'frames' in Photoshop

Pull a frame around the desired area, then: Edit | Stroke  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

slink

Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 12:39:48 PM
Quote from: slink on October 12, 2014, 12:12:20 PM
Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 11:38:59 AM
@slink : GIMP is a free program for photoediting, so perhaps that could be a viable alternative. Often use Paint myself, but also have an old version of Photoshop which is good when Paint does not suffice. But think GIMP is good, although not as great as Photoshop for more professional editing tasks. Amusingly, sometimes Paint is better than Photoshop. Does my head in that there isn't an easy way to draw those colour 'frames' in Photoshop, for things you want to highlight in a picture very quickly. The most expensive isn't always the best :)
Is there something wrong with Picture Publisher 8?

Probably not, I haven't tried it myself so don't know anything about it, but just offered an alternative that is quite popular if you wanted to check out alternatives. If it works well, no reason to change of course.

It's worked well for me in anything I have successfully done, which is kind of a circular argument.   ;D

Pangaea

Yeah, I found something similar to that too, but that is way too complex when I can do the same with one simple action in Paint in 2 seconds, without going deep into this or that submenu ;)

Got crossposted, but this was to Paeng.

slink

I understood.   :)

The answer to how to create the slider for the number of employees was easy.  Just change this:

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 3;
}

to:

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 2;

bool _allowCountChange = true;
int _minWorkerCount = 1;
int _maxWorkerCount = 3;

}

Voila, instant slider.

rkelly17

@slink, here is version 0.2 in a town. It is lovely and really adds to the town.

My brewers seem somewhat challenged when it comes to stocking herbs. They brought in one batch and it disappeared very quickly. Then they just didn't, even though the general goods vendor right across the street had 130 or so in stock. Next they went and got ale from elsewhere and began stocking that, so the citizens regularly stopped in for a drink. Wheat was in inventory the whole time. As a result no Hefeweizen has been produced.  :'(  :'(

By the way, I was able to add it to a saved game with no problems.

slink

Here is oh ... about version 0.5 ... for you, @rkelly17.  They also don't make mead in this version.  The roof is nicer, and the footprint is both smaller and muddier.  If you have an apiary, place this mod in after it so the brewery does not override the apiary's honey definition.  To do that, use the small up and down arrow keys in the mod screen.  You can use the "..." button to see what is being de-activated in the mods.  It will say that it is using the definition in the apiary, and not in the brewery, when they are in the correct order.  Be sure to save the version 0.2 mod in case your colony crashes with the new one.

Pangaea

Oh, there is also a _carryscale set in many files, but I've no idea what that does. Is it just for the model itself, that is smaller when people carry it as opposed to when it's stored somewhere? No idea really.

Heh, it was indeed  ;D

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 12, 2014, 04:43:49 PM
Here is oh ... about version 0.5 ... for you, @rkelly17.  They also don't make mead in this version.  The roof is nicer, and the footprint is both smaller and muddier.  If you have an apiary, place this mod in after it so the brewery does not override the apiary's honey definition.  To do that, use the small up and down arrow keys in the mod screen.  You can use the "..." button to see what is being de-activated in the mods.  It will say that it is using the definition in the apiary, and not in the brewery, when they are in the correct order.  Be sure to save the version 0.2 mod in case your colony crashes with the new one.

Thanks, @slink. I'll give it a go and report back. You are the best.

slink

I've been toying with the notion of separating brewing from drinking, despite the ancient tradition of the landlord selling his own brews, but my first attempt crashed for me last night.  We just spent a futile half-day attempting to buy groceries locally, so I'm only now cooking our midday dinner and getting back to my computer.  How dare our two local supermarkets stop carrying 13 oz Friskies catfood!   >:(

assobanana76

Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 05:21:17 PM
Oh, there is also a _carryscale set in many files, but I've no idea what that does. Is it just for the model itself, that is smaller when people carry it as opposed to when it's stored somewhere? No idea really.

Heh, it was indeed  ;D
ROFL  ;D ;D ;D
if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on October 13, 2014, 12:09:00 PM
I've been toying with the notion of separating brewing from drinking, despite the ancient tradition of the landlord selling his own brews, but my first attempt crashed for me last night.

:'(

Actually you may already have done it--I can't get my brewers to brew even when they have the right inventory. Here are a couple of screen shots which tell the story. The first shows complete inventory and the second shows lack of production--these pictures are taken about a year or two after building was complete. Meanwhile they do bring in ale from other sources and the citizens do consume it--to the extent that it was hurting my export operation.

I do love the new brewery--it looks very good in my town. If I could just figure out why the brewers are on strike.  :(

slink

Quote from: Pangaea on October 12, 2014, 12:39:48 PM
Probably not, I haven't tried it myself so don't know anything about it, but just offered an alternative that is quite popular if you wanted to check out alternatives. If it works well, no reason to change of course.

It turns out, that for making footprints, there is something wrong with Picture Publisher 8.  It does not handle transparency in any file type other than GIF.  I had a copy of the Gimp install files from 2008 and that program works just fine with footprints.  I'm not sure it will supplant PP8 with me for other aspects because I have a printed manual for PP8.

slink

It's very frustrating.  The same recipes, when placed in the tavern, make ale and mead.  I even made ale from potatoes and hide coats, as well as mead from potatoes.  Mead is a new item, and it worked with the tavern.  But simple ale from potatoes would not happen in the brewery.

One thing I determined is that the number of build00x dummies placed in the model file sets the number of builders that can work on the construction.  Also, using the points from another model may trap the builders inside the new building.  Oops.

irrelevant

Mmm, mead from hide coats. Around here, we call that Natty Boh. ;)