News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Breweries used as barns

Started by Nilla, October 28, 2014, 04:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

The last thing I showed in my latest blog, was two breweries close to eachother. One had a decent productivity, the other a very low one.

But this is weird, so I want to start a new thread.

Of cause I found the reason, but I also found some other odd things, that I hadn't noticed before.

I was trying @slink´s brewery together with a lot of normal breweries. For some reason the Slink-wine was brought to the normal breweries, and the brewer seemed to like it so much, that he totally stopped brewing his own stuff.

I had no other choice than to tear that nice big Slink-brewey down. :(

But in the time I was investigationing this behaviour, I also noticed that other things were brought to the brewery, mostly cheese, but I also saw roots, onions, pepper..... These things do not have that big influence on the productivity as wine has (wine was only carried away from traders). The brewers apparently don't like cheese and that other stuff, so they carry it to the next barn/market. But in that time, of cause they don't brew any ale and the productivity gets down.

I have seen this behaviour on the first version of @RedKetchup´s creamery, before he fixed it and I have heard it is a known bug in some other mods. But I haven't seen it in breweries before.

Have anyone seen this?? Have an explanation? What to do to prevent it? (I suppose a lot of barns may help. The probability, that the labourer finds the right building is bigger)

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on October 28, 2014, 04:07:40 AM
I was trying @slink´s brewery together with a lot of normal breweries. For some reason the Slink-wine was brought to the normal breweries, and the brewer seemed to like it so much, that he totally stopped brewing his own stuff.

An alcoholic brewer? Drinking up the profits?

Seriously, I wonder sometimes whether the brewers have a maximum capacity in the individual tavern; whether a "full" tavern keeps them from brewing more.  :-\

irrelevant

Quote from: rkelly17 on October 28, 2014, 09:46:11 AM
Quote from: Nilla on October 28, 2014, 04:07:40 AM

An alcoholic brewer? Drinking up the profits?

Seriously, I wonder sometimes whether the brewers have a maximum capacity in the individual tavern; whether a "full" tavern keeps them from brewing more.  :-\

Pretty sure there is a max storage cap for a tavern, and it's pretty small. Maybe 250-300?

slink

The code for the standard tavern is:

StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol | Edible;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 300;
}

StorageLocationDescription storagelocation
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol;
}

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 1;
}

WorkPlaceDescription workplace
{
Profession _profession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:brewer";
Profession _pickupProfession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:brewer";
}

From this one can see that the tavern acts as a storage facility, and that it accepts goods flagged as Edible.

A barn has this code:

StorageLocationDescription storagelocation { }

{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 6000;
}

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 4;
}

{
// no actual work done here once the building is built
//Profession _profession = null;
//Profession _pickupProfession = null;
}

You can see that "storagelocation" has nothing specified for the barn.  The barn also has no workers.

Markets have this code:

MarketLocationDescription marketlocation { }

{
// finished products that are used by people!
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Fuel | Tool | Health | Clothing | Iron | Wood | Textile;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 10000;
}

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 12;

bool _allowCountChange = true;
int _minWorkerCount = 1;
int _maxWorkerCount = 25;

}

{
Profession _profession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:vendor";
}

Markets can store many types of goods, and have workers.  However, instead of "storagelocation", markets have "marketlocation".  When I attempted to combine a market with a tavern, the program told me I was attempting to define the workforce twice, or some similar error.  Without "marketlocation", people would not shop at the hybrid tavern.  Without "storagelocation", they would not drink.

My brewery has much more storage than the standard tavern, and allows herbs to be stored there for the ale.

{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol | Edible | Health;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

{
}

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 2;

int _minWorkerCount = 1;
int _maxWorkerCount = 4;

}

{
Profession _profession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:brewer";
Profession _pickupProfession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:brewer";
}

My Beta Tavern has the same storage capacity, but does not allow herbs.  It should also not allow food, but I had not yet removed that.

{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Alcohol | Edible;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

{
}

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 2;

int _minWorkerCount = 1;
int _maxWorkerCount = 4;

}

{
Profession _profession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:vendor";
// Profession _pickupProfession = "Game/Profession/Profession.rsc:brewer";
}

For the curious, my tavern attempts to make alcoholic beverages from other alcoholic beverages, but works very slowly (work required is 10000) and has no place to put the output (no create_XXX dummy helpers).  I don't honestly know if anything is being lost.  I think not, but I am not absolutely sure.

Nilla

hm, than I suppose it was this way from the beginning, just strange that I haven't noticed this before. Is there a reason or just some bug? Suppose it´s a bug.