RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on November 21, 2017, 01:39:22 PM
eta: And I see now that Bobbi's Special Doctor House is not enabled. :( :o >:(

thats what i saw !! ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Year 2536

So I ended up building 50 new stone houses. I had all the foundations ready, then I hired builders in early summer 2535. At that time I had 666 houses and 666 families.

At first I never had more than 20 builders working on them at once, because I didn't want them all to finish at the same time. I wanted to add about 5/month, which was slightly fewer than the number of families I'd been getting. Of course the builders didn't cooperate, completing 6 houses in one month, then two in the next, then two more, then 9, then zero, etc.

Then, after only 4 houses completed in 5 months, I went ahead and released all of them. At that time there were 27 left to build; in 6 months these were all done.

But after 15 months they were all complete. I now have 716 houses and 725 families. We'll see what that does to the pop curve and the labor situation. If the outcome is favorable, I may do this again on the next upswing of the sine wave. 

brads3

that should tell you something. i am curios to see how the population curve stablizes for a while. that may take a coule waves. my next idea would be what ratio of laborers to population should there be to keep a balance and still allow for disease deaths?

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on November 23, 2017, 12:16:38 PM
that should tell you something. i am curios to see how the population curve stablizes for a while. that may take a coule waves. my next idea would be what ratio of laborers to population should there be to keep a balance and still allow for disease deaths?
Not really worried about disease deaths. I have well-sited hospitals, and have lost almost no one to disease in hundreds of years. The chances of a really nasty disease are vanishingly small. If one hits and I lose hundreds of guys, I'd prefer dealing with that, instead of overbuilding against a remote contingency.

What I consider about diseases is the nuisance effect of having scores of workers disabled for months at a time. This is undesirable, so I don't allow it to happen. ;)

irrelevant

@RedKetchup speaking of diseases, I enabled Bobbi's special doctor house, saved and restarted. Demolished and rebuilt 8 hospitals. Checked the mod list and it is disabled again. Version 1(1.04B). Just tried enabling again, and it crashed out when I unpaused. It is disabled again. Could it possibly be incompatible with 1.07?

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on November 23, 2017, 12:39:11 PM
@RedKetchup speaking of diseases, I enabled Bobbi's special doctor house, saved and restarted. Demolished and rebuilt 8 hospitals. Checked the mod list and it is disabled again. Version 1(1.04B). Just tried enabling again, and it crashed out when I unpaused. It is disabled again. Could it possibly be incompatible with 1.07?

100% compatible with 1.07

you certainly maybe forget one somewhere on the map.

why not let it ON all the time ?

irrelevant

Well, originally I had it off because of the achievements.

And then I turned it on (I thought) and rebuilt some of my hospitals.

Then I discovered it actually was disabled, so I enabled it (again, I thought) and rebuilt most of my hospitals.

Now I find it is disabled again.

When I enable, it asks if I want to save and restart. I say yes. When it comes back, I unpause, and the game crashes out. When it starts back up, it is disabled again.

Is it possible that I need to demolish all of my hospitals before I enable? Is having some vanilla hospitals present when I enable causing problems?

Maldrick

@irrelevant Is this my buddy Mango from the reddit?

Think you mentioned this project a while back over there.  Crazy person! :P
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

yeah destroy all hospital. save on new slot. dont quit. enable mod in the save game, let it reload. and then save again another slot and see how it goes

in the profession window => physician : you can see if you still have an hospital in game.

irrelevant

Quote from: Maldrick on November 23, 2017, 02:38:53 PM
@irrelevant Is this my buddy Mango from the reddit?

Think you mentioned this project a while back over there.  Crazy person! :P
@Maldrick It is! Who are you over there? Mortal Smurf?

Quote from: RedKetchup on November 23, 2017, 03:00:01 PM
yeah destroy all hospital. save on new slot. dont quit. enable mod in the save game, let it reload. and then save again another slot and see how it goes

in the profession window => physician : you can see if you still have an hospital in game.
@RedKetchup I'll give it a shot. And hope I don't get smallpoxed while I'm doing it! Thanks for the advice.

irrelevant

Done! Took four months. Not bad. Looks like that did it, no idlers seen so far. :)

@RedKetchup Merci, mon ami!

irrelevant

Ancient industrial ruins discovered on the outskirts of town!!

RedKetchup

irrelevant

@RedKetchup You were right once again! :)

There's not much to do in a forest hamlet, so the villagers congregate at the farm stand to exchange gossip.