News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant: Gopher Prairie: extreme tenure, 10,000 years

Started by irrelevant, December 23, 2014, 06:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

WOOOOW. NILLA is that really you???

IRRELEVANT,i don't like my own tests and math. i shake my head at it. it might be possable but not practical to flatten the population graph. your way has worked better with the waves.

Nilla

Thanks guys! Yes! It's me. And you've been very busy. I've looked around on this page and I don't know what new mods I want to start to test first. You made some really nice new stuff @kid1293 and so have other modders.

And @brads3, to your population experiments. You've come to the right conclusion. It's impossible to keep a stable population, if you let the game "run by itself". You can do it with a lot of micromanagement, controlling the number of children, who are born each year. But as soon as you leave the town, the sine wave is there.

Sorry @irrelevant for hi jacking this thread.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on December 01, 2017, 06:04:33 AM
I made a longer Banished brake but now I feel a little bit tempted to play again. So I took a small look to see what's going on on this page. And what do I see: My old friend @irrelevant active wit one of his oooooooold towns. That's a nice surprise. It's always a peasure to read about your findings. :) But the achievement "tenure" is 200 not 2000 years!!! :D You are crazy!

My explanation to the flat curve: "Random factor": Young women happened to move into empty houses, not old spinsters.
@Nilla So good to see you back!

I just can't stay away from this town.

Also, I have noticed that the sine wave may take one of three basic patterns.
1) regular oscillation, repeating essentially the same one curve over and over.
2) irregular, following no discernible pattern
3) a "two-phase" oscillation, where there is a moderate up and down curve, followed by a more severe up and down curve, which repeats over and over. That is what I am in right now. Not exactly sure what causes this, but the cause of the higher peak must somehow be contained in the demographics of the shallower trough that precedes it, and the cause of the shallower peak must somehow be contained in the demographics of the deeper trough that precedes it.

irrelevant

Quote from: kid1293 on November 30, 2017, 10:45:59 PM
2600 years and it flattens out?

Too good to be true.  ;)

Yes, too good to be true, as it isn't true  ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on December 01, 2017, 07:02:32 AM
WOOOOW. NILLA is that really you???

IRRELEVANT,i don't like my own tests and math. i shake my head at it. it might be possable but not practical to flatten the population graph. your way has worked better with the waves.
@Nilla is right, there is no way to prevent it, except through never-ending micromanagement of the number of children being born.

irrelevant

irrelevant

irrelevant

Year 2679

In an effort to jolt this pop curve into regular oscillation, picked up 191 nomads nearing the bottom of the curve.

Also picked up eleven twelve thirteen disease outbreaks (including smallpox, my favorite) in the following two years. Bobbi's Special Doctor House makes dealing with these so much easier.

irrelevant

Year 2724

Been running 33 hours with a couple of tweaks to auto-purchases.

irrelevant

Year 2775

This was yesterday evening after 57 hours of continuous running, 95% unattended. The only input from me was tweaking purchases of iron, tools, and clothing, and releasing some wool, coats, and tools from the strategic reserve.

RedKetchup

i dont think there is a way to have better curves than this !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Year 2824

Uhhh, no.

@RedKetchup I don't know, it's looking better now. Been over 100 years since my laborers all died off.

irrelevant

Year 2897

:o  ???

Yikes!! Left home for 36 hours, return to a firewood/log/tool/iron/ale crisis. Returned just in time (I hope), early winter with 1140 firewood in general inventory, 8533 in TPs, and 11133 in homes, with annual consumption around 16,000.

Turned off automatic trading, dumping all firewood out of TPs, and moving in wool, wool coats, and herbs for trade. Of course I've had hunters turned off for a century, so there's no leather at all. ::)

This will be fun! 

irrelevant

irrelevant

Now I see what caused this. In order to squeak in under the bottom of the pop curve, I had cut down the numbers of vendors at my 33 markets/farm stands some 200 years ago. Every market has just a couple too few vendors, which compounded over a couple of centuries resulted in producers and homeowners having to make longer and longer shopping trips to keep their homes and businesses adequately supplied.

Markets varying from 5% to 50% of capacity. Added 72 vendors (about 30%).

This has never happened to me before, very interesting.