News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 27, 2015, 04:45:21 AMSo how guys you like it Paeng ?

Oh, I took so many photos because I hate it... you funny guy  ;D
It's gorgeous, man!

I wonder if there is a way to slow it down a bit - I was rather surprised I could build this giant in a little more than a year. Sure, with a well developed and advanced town - but who else would attempt to build this? Not that sleepy hamlet near the southern border...   :P
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

the only way to slow it down... is the number of workers, did you put all 8 of them ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Chon Waen

Ok, overall, outstanding work Red!

2 possible issues:
1) cathedral missing step verified on my game as well. You already said you were gonna look into it, so nuff said.
2) The new house with recessed doorway has dirt instead of grass on the 2 squares right in front of the door.
I am not sure if this was intentional or not. It seems to work well when you have the overhanging 2nd floor over it, but can be a bit of a detractor when its by itself.

And yes, as you intimated earlier, the new 1st floor houses integrate seamlessly with the 2nds and 3rds!
Please keep up the great work!!!

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 27, 2015, 06:44:51 AMthe only way to slow it down... is the number of workers, did you put all 8 of them ?

Yeah, I did... And a large group ahead to clear the site...

I guess the true challenge would be to start (and finish) is as early as possible... have the Cleric fight for every bit of rock and ore that passes by...  :P
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

RedKetchup

hehe you know as well as me we cant do anything about that Paeng ^^

RedKetchup

btw, there isnt any other stair step missing. they are 5 total. it is probably just the fact the graphic isnt enough down underground and the step is too high to compare the ground level. and also the dirt footprint going too far . gonna fix that.

all that cause the last second changes (bigger from 10x16 to 12x20)

RedKetchup

should be fixed :) i lowered the stairs ... and i deleted some dirt in front of the stairs.

the download at post #1 has been replaced with new one (old one was downloaded 377 times lol)

you will see the change in game only if you build a new one :)

RedKetchup

New Medieval Houses : Floor 1 - Model 5 :)

i switched everything around and changed flowers color to blue :)

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

chillzz

been away for a while and i see i missed alot :O
Red surpasses himself what awsome buildings he has created now!
* chillzz downloads new beta's and gonna play a new game :D

support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

Dookie

I like how all the buildings in this mod pack come under a single button in the menu.  It really helps organize things.

So far, building 3 story houses has been fun.  The windmill looks fine, but bread production hasn't picked up yet.  My villagers haven't finished the cathedral either.

One note: the mod seems to conflict with Apiary Update 2 by kralyerg in the list (both shown as red), but I loaded NMT first and saw no problems with the apriary or vanilla tavern mead as of yet.  I'll check how the new medieval town tavern works.  It doesn't matter if it accepts pumpkin or honey as long as it produces ales from fruit.

RedKetchup

the conlict with apiary is only the Honey files (the same code honey file and the same 3D graphic files) if you want to use a ressource in your mod you absolutly need to put it there, as they did. and you get a conflit.

or you dont use honey
or you get a conflict.

you have no choice.

but conflict doesnt mean necessarily a problem, nor a possible crash ! sometime just a fair warning !

Dookie

yes, so far it's running fine and I have at least 15 other mods loaded with no conflicts.

RedKetchup

RedKetchup

:) New Medieval Houses : Floor 1 Model 6 has arrived !!

Balcony in front this time :)

thats will be all for the Floor 1 :)
Next : the 5 other models of Floor 2 ^^