Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: New Medieval Town : v0.4 with Cathedral Wonder

Started by RedKetchup, February 26, 2015, 05:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 28, 2015, 12:35:24 AM

Next : the 5 other models of Floor 2 ^^

Looking forward of that! Keep up the good job. :)

I know you know it already: You're the best!

Gordon Dry

I had an issue with the medieval blacksmith - the reason could be elsewhere, but just in case:

There was never any pile of coal in after I switched to steel tools.
I got about 500 units of coal and a blacksmith markart in front of the blacksmith so what could be the reason?

... and some off topic but perhaps you know some about it:

In early builds of the game people mentioned that roads never were built because of the build priority.

Now it's vice-versa, roads are always built first, no matter what.

Is it by the main game being "fixed" or by a mod?

RedKetchup

oh because ... i see.... i changed it to become compatible with the new CC
dang..

euh... no ... thats not that......

Vanilla Blacksmith :

StorageDescription storage
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Fuel | Wood | Iron;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
   bool _available = false;
   int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

My New Medieval Blacksmith :
{
   RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Fuel | Wood | Iron | Material;
   bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
   bool _available = false;
   int _volumeLimit = 1000;
}

i only added Material to be compatible with the next CC Mod.

also,
the Vanilla Coal =    RawMaterialFlags _flags = Fuel | CoalFuel;

gonna add coalfuel to new BS to see whats happening.
during that time.... dont you use any mod that change Coal ? deny the use of coal for heating house ? or coalasmaterial Mods ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

paralias

comparing the buildings townhall-kralyergs cathedral 14-22 (bigger RedKetchups monastery)-RedKetchups new cathedral-RedKetchups monastery-church and the 3 storey houses. my opinion is that still isn't as big as it should. a 3 storey house is almost the same height. i would prefer the hight of the house would be at the same height as the lower roof (green)

RedKetchup

arrrgggh what they did with my monestary ? it wasnt intended to be so big !
check the original to the right ! thats the real dimensions it was intended lol

what people think about all this ? should be bigger ? way bigger ?

Chon Waen

Bigger is better!!! I would say to rough scale 14x21, 16x24, 18x27, and perhaps 20x30 and see how they compare to a 3story residence.  Then cleanup the one that looks best

Dookie

I've built all the buildings in this modpack by now.  The honey is working fine.

Bigger is better.  This new medieval cathedral takes a whooping 8000 labor units, and while it is beautiful, the scaling of real medieval cathedrals are sometimes even more imposing compared to its surroundings.  I've also had an issue of multistory houses potentially blocking its view.

Another thing I've been able to do is build the 2nd story of a tavern over something else creating a ladder to an invisible room.  I've also been able to put stack two second story houses over a bakery and blacksmith.  I think this is normal for how this is supposed to function though.  I just haven't gotten use to how to place/position the upper stories.

Bobbi

I think it could be bigger. @Chon Waen has a good suggestion. Definitely should not be overshadowed by three story houses.

Chon Waen

There should be one further tweak if/when you make the building larger.
As is, a normal chapel is 8x12 (96 squares) with a capacity of 200 followers (about a 1:2.1 land/follower ratio).

Your current design is 12x18 (216 squares) with a capacity of 500 followers (about a 1:2.3 land/follower ratio).

14x21 (294 sq) should be 600 followers (1:2.1 ratio)
16x24 (384 sq) should be 800 followers (1:2.1 ratio)
18x27 (486 sq) should be 1000 followers (1:2.1 ratio)
20x30 (600 sq) should be 1200 followers (1:2 ratio)

Also, much like your college, your cathedral should probably have multiple clerics. I would say approximately 250-300 followers per cleric.
We all know that it won't really affect building function anymore than having 3 teachers at the college will, but it will surely look better from a rp standpoint that way.

Gordon Dry

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 28, 2015, 07:03:59 AMdeny the use of coal for heating house ? or coalasmaterial Mods ?

I only use endiadika6CoalasMaterial.pkm -> Coal as Material (Colonial Charter mod) v2.1

Edit:

after some testing I got this:
http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/279-Coal-as-Material-Colonial-Charter-mod#comments

RedKetchup

thats exactly the problem source.

this program is a non-sense and extremly bad. even for CC:EA ^^

Quote from kralyerg made 2 days ago on BanishedInfo :

Have you actually tested the materials stockpile in the game? It should store all the materials, and the materials resource models in Excellent Adventure aren't ready for stockpiles. It will crash the game, that's why we removed it. Coal is will work, but some other materials will make it crash.

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/279-Coal-as-Material-Colonial-Charter-mod#comments

------------------------

but it isnt the only problem. it mess up every other blacksmiths / coal users buildings. gonna check if i can make it work even with it. but you still would want to get rid of it at some points. unfortunatly, the cities you used it are permanently infected ^^

RedKetchup

alright, i made it work whatever this mod will decide to do and whatever if you dont use this mod at all :)

keep in mind i cannot change any of their other bad things made to other building (like vanilla BS, vanilla stockpiles.... etc) I.E. all the collateral damage this guy did.
the only thing i did, is making MY Medieval BS working universaly and compatibly. :)

below green arrow there will be your download, Gordon. Use it and replace your BETA 0.4 by this 0.4B. you will need to 'remove' all your NM BS building and rebuild them at same place so the changes are applied.

Magic Link will appear once you are logged ON on the forum !!
If you want to download it .... you need to register on our forum ! Once you have done that, the link will appear just below this green arrow :)

Dookie

Some images of the cathedral and other buildings.  Resolution is crap; town design is mess, testing. 

You might be able to see where I put the 2nd story residences in the wrong position possibly?  ... as well as how one tailor has 2 residences both stacked above it :D  My bad. 

In any case, it's been fun and i'll keep experimenting.

Gordon Dry

Thanks for the download AND the clarification.

I will turn off "Coal as material" and start a new game with your new mod version to test it out.

btw what is the loading order suggestion? Above CC or below CC?

RedKetchup