News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Build Stages

Started by Maldrick, October 03, 2018, 09:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

This may sound like an advertisement :) but I can not live without Sketchup.
I am only scratching the surface of Blender and need basic models to play with.
Needless to say - it has so many options it is fun to experiment and find new shapes.

I am in awe of people who use only 3DMax or Blender but I have found a way that
works for me :)

I model build stages (copy and move) then I add all walls and windows and chimney.
I put my head in the model to remove not needed surfaces from final mesh.
One thing on my wish list is an angled push-pull. That would be great. You can always
move it after you have pulled it out...

Maldrick

Heya @kid1293 :)  How are you, sir?

Absolutely true, about Blender.  It's an amazing software package but it's a lot to learn, just to do basic things.  Last night, for example, I spent 15 mins looking around for where to manually set dimensions on something as opposed to dragging.  Finally gave in and googled.  Found the answer...type in fields on a particular menu.  Check.  Then another 15 mins not finding the fields because they weren't showing in that menu.  Then I manage to bumble into switching from edit mode to object mode and the fields appear. Lol. It's like this with everything.  I haven't a clue as to how to make an arch. Or a rounded corner.  I'm sure over a weekend I could figure it out. :P

Thanks for sharing how you do your build models.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

This is not a Sketchup thread, but...

Round corners, domes, nice windows...
Use the Follow me tool as angainor88 said. It is powerful.
Under tools. Read instruction in right window pane. (instructor)