News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Weird AI behavior

Started by ashenedlake, January 16, 2017, 04:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashenedlake

Something weird is happening in my game. Even though there is enough food clothing markets and homes people come in from all over the place to a fisherman's hut linger around and then leave.  As this only happens in winter and as it is a long walk most of these people don't survive and end up dying of hunger or freeze to death. I started playing only a few weeks ago so this is something new to me.  Amost 10-15 people die this way every winter. Can someone tell me what's going on?  Please help

Abandoned

welcome, well you seem to be jumping into the deep end starting to play with CC, lots of conflicts with other mods I think.  I don't recognize fishing hut, must be CC.  I recall reading other threads with similar building problem like you describe, they were told to demolish building.  Try building vanilla fishing pier in its place.

ashenedlake

I'm using only cc so no conflicts and I meant started playing cc few weeks ago. The building is a Shanty for the dock. The actual fishing hut is out in the middle of the lake. Thanks anyways. I'll try doing as per your suggestion and thank you very much  for replying.

Nilla

This is a known bug. I had suffered it too. I have no idea why it appears. I have had it a few times, as I played with different mods but never in a vanilla game. I don't know, what to do and as far as I know, no one else does either. If it happens, the only thing, you can do is to discover the "interesting" building and demolish it as fast as you can. People who had start their death marches will continue, but no new people will. My experience is however, that if this bug started, it will return after some years, even after the first interesting building is gone. They will find a new building. Luckily this bug doesn't occur often. Next game will probably be better. Wish you luck!

I just thought of one thing. After I had suffered from this bug a few times, I reinstalled Banished and also took away all mods from the WinData file. I have made a separate mod storage file, where I store the mods, I don't use in the actual game. I only load the mods I'm using into WinData. I don't know, if it's coincidence or if it helped but after that, I don't think I had this bug.

brads3

1st of all that shanty could use a dock as you have it placed backwards with the door facing over water. but NILLA is right,you are describing the "death march". sometimes banis waunder far away and get lost in the woods,starve or freeze on the way back. when i started playing i thought it was due to me setting them to clear land and somehow pulled the clear square too far over a river.even as i was trying not to. without a bridge banis will walk all the way around to the other side to try and clear a spot. that is not always the case. the banis will waunder on their own for no reason. i've seen kids do it even. this has been speculated on and many ideas but never seen a solid reason. sometimes it might be due to a mod glitch,sometimes due to trying to clear over a river,but many times you will never know why.

QueryEverything

Hiya,
I installed a terraforming mod and whenever I see the freezing or starving icon I click through until I find the people affected by it. 
In your case I would raise the land along the river front as they are using the door that is over the water and can't get back to dry land.  OR I would (for future) demolish the building, OR build a new dock/bridge on that side, as well as keep the one you have.
The dock pieces I would make an L shape running along the front of the building and down the side, that way your current building will have 3 sides with docks around it.
BUT - for short term fixes use a terraform mod and flatten out the ground to the correct height then put back in water tiles.

In my case I had a Banni start a dock piece in the middle of the lake rather than the one closest to the land line, it was weird!  Haha.  I now terraform the land tiles along the side where I want to build my bridge & docks before I plan the building that way I can stop the death marches.

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

ashenedlake

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have been a member of other game forums and I must say this community is very active. Thanks again you guys are very helpful towards new players.