News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

World Record 3000 STABLE Population in 28 Years ! !

Started by jeffmikl, April 20, 2016, 12:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffmikl

Hello,

This was not an easy goal to reach. When I started this, I set two specifications that had to be met. First, the game had to be a "virgin" game, meaning no mods or any other changes. The game had to be played as a clean game. The second was that when I reached 3000 the population had to be sustainable. I have seen other players reach goals with an influx of nomads or with no food, or firewood, etc. Seeing this, it always looks like their population will quickly collapse. If I had chosen to do the same, I could have reached 4000. At this time, I do not know of any other player that has reached 3000 in 28 years with a sustainable population. I am still trying to find out if this is the case.

My original goal was 3000 by year 30. If I was not concerned about stability or continuing the game past year 30 I would blow out the population and get to 4000, no doubt. Because my goal was a stable population I changed my focus in year 27 and began transforming wood houses to stone. I also began focusing on education. There is no way that I can hold a stable population at 4000 without these things completed. Now that I don't care about speed, my next goal will be max population. I am setting that goal at 10,000.

As you can see in the pics, there were no recent nomads (no homeless). I had hoped for them and I do think that I will see them by year 30, but the last bunch of nomads I had was in year 25. I had only seen 2 groups during the 28 years. As you can see, there are no homeless. Everyone is happy, healthy and clothed. I have a steady supply of herbs, steel tools, and warm coats. The food and firewood supplies are both on the rise and expected to benefit from the stone houses and educated population.

When I hit 30 years, I will put up a new post.

Nilla

Well done. It would be nice to see a little bit more:

-Some built areas

-The map

-The professions

-Some graphs

It's always interesting to see how other people think and build. I have noticed that we all have our own different style.

In theory 10000 inhabitants is possible, but unfortunately the game is not designed for such big settlements. If you build fast enough the slow speed and lags are not very disturbing; you have so much to do to really notice. But these "bugs" made me give up. Anyhow I wish you luck. Let us know how it works.

In any case; 3000 inhabitants in 28 years is no "world record". In my town Lutchogue I  reached 3000 inhabitants in early autumn 25 . It could be done faster. As I said; I made some mistakes. Sorry, it rains so the picture isn´t very nice.