News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mod Discussions 1.0.7

Started by RedKetchup, February 16, 2017, 03:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Zeroheart

@embx61
First,  the build limitResources.rsc:storage crashed the command (weird, since you said it's exactly right just now)
Second, I start the game in Hard so as you know nothing was in the field exept for the Cart. I bult Barn with Debug to see the change right away. no result  :'(

embx61

I just compiled your code and it worked for me.

I started a new map. Then I clicked escape and activated the mod. Game reloaded and build a barn and it accept up to 60000.

I package it together and send you the sources in about 10 minutes
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

Raven Zeroheart

oh and since the mod doesn't work, really. I tried to disable and enable it in the game esc option. the game restart as expected but there was an error occured "a numeric overflow has occured ....."
okay maybe I need to decrease the volume. make it 30.000. the error still occured in the same way. decreased the volume again to 10.000. the error keep occured. is it really not possible to change the Barn's volume?

Raven Zeroheart

it worked for you @embx61 ? really? what the....! ??? ??? ??? ???

send it with the command batch file too please. I wanna compare it with my work

embx61

Sure it is possible, I just did it.

Download

Just unrar in the root of your modkit and run the bat file.

Here a thread from a while ago where I explained some basics of the mod kit. Try to work from my example in that thread.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=959.msg17786#msg17786

Also try not to give up. I went there a couple of times and even quited modding for a week or so because of the frustration it can bring because it won't work while you are sure you did everything right :).
If you are working with some easy examples it will come to you how the basics work.

After that you can get into a bit more drastic changes and even maybe go into 3d modelling.

Many modders here started from scratch. Did know squat. I never worked with a 3d modelling program before and the modkit looked daunting to me when I started to look into it.
But I took it slow and made a easy override from Lukes examples on his website.
It is quite satisfactory when even a simple override mod you made works and that is what you need to keep going.

Later it becomes a sort of second nature but trust me, even now after about 2 years I still make mistakes enough.
But that is were this forum comes in. We learn from each other and questions mostly get answered pretty fast.

Raven Zeroheart

@embx61 did you try it in your main game or in the Kit? because it still doesn't worked for me  :'(
also when the game reload after activate the mod via esc, the error I mentioned earlier still occured

embx61

In the main game.

Did you activate the mod and let the game reload after that?
Then build a barn and it should work.

RedKetchup

Hello @Raven Zeroheart  Thanks you to contacting us :)

i downloaded your zeromod.zip , i took your storageBarn.pkm and copied it to my "E:\Banished\WinData\"   retail game mod folder and started a new game
your mod is totally working as stated in my screenshot.

if you try to apply it to an old saved, you need to re-enable it once inside after loading your save game, and also , if you want to see the changes in your save game, you need to delete and rebuild your barns already built in your game to see the changes.

of course, if you start a new game, it is already effective.

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Raven Zeroheart

I always trying the mod inside the Kit. if it doesn't work there, should it be working in the main game?

don't worry, if help comes like a flash like you and tanypredator there, I guess I'll give it a try about this modding thing especially for Banished since this game surely make time fly like nothing  :D :D
if it's not silly to ask, please train me a bit for sometimes. there's gonna be (maybe) massive questions I might gonna throw :-[

tanypredator

Be sure, you are not the first one with such (and many other) questions ;)

embx61

Lets go from scratch

The bat file should look like this:
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /build limitResources.rsc /pathres ../zeromod/limitresource /pathdat ../zeromod/limitresource/bin
bin\x64\Tools-x64.exe /mod Package.rsc:storageBarn /pathres ../zeromod/limitresource /pathdat ../zeromod/limitresource/bin

Folder structure Root Modkit
Folder zeromod with inside limitresource folder
In the limitresource folder a folder Template with the StorageBarn.rsc file in it.

StorageBarn.rsc file looks like this
StorageDescription storage
{
RawMaterialFlags _storageFlags = Edible | Tool | Health | Clothing | Textile;
bool _areaBasedLimit = false;
bool _available = false;
int _volumeLimit = 60000; // <==== This is the change you made, in vanilla it is 6000 I believe.
}

Two more files in the limitresource folder a limitresource.rsc file what contains this:

ExternalList resource
{
External _resources
[
"Template/StorageBarn.rsc:storage",
]
}

And at last the package.rsc file what looks like this:
PackageFile storageBarn
{
String _name = "Trial v2.0";
String _author = "Me";
String _description = "This is a trial v2 modding Banished.";
String _icon = "icon.png";
String _preview = "preview.jpg";
int _userVersion = 1;

// all files in resource directory
String _includeList
[
"*"
]

// exclude package files, mod files, file used for building packages
String _excludeList
[
"Package_*.crs"
"*.pkg"
"*.pkm"
]
}

That's all! Now doubleclick the bat file and it compiles into a PKM. Copy the PKM and paste to your Banished Game Windata folder.
For me it is D:\\Banished\Win62\WinData but at your PC it probably somewhere else.

Now start a new game. After the game is loaded click escape and click Mods button.
Look for your storageBarn.PKM and select Enable. Click OK and the game reloads.

After the game is reloaded build a barn either by building it or use the debug and it should have a storage of 60.000.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Raven Zeroheart on May 11, 2017, 09:30:59 AM
I always trying the mod inside the Kit. if it doesn't work there, should it be working in the main game?
i never test in the toolkit game, i always go live for the retail. about the toolkit game, it is maybe the way you asked the toolkit game that was wrong. i personally hate that , this is why i always move the .pkm to the live game folder and check there in the retail version.

Quote from: Raven Zeroheart on May 11, 2017, 09:30:59 AM
don't worry, if help comes like a flash like you and tanypredator there, I guess I'll give it a try about this modding thing especially for Banished since this game surely make time fly like nothing  :D :D
if it's not silly to ask, please train me a bit for sometimes. there's gonna be (maybe) massive questions I might gonna throw :-[

if you need help, start a new thread in Tips and Help section of the forum , we will always try to answers your questions :)

Raven Zeroheart

well thank you very much @RedKetchup it is an honor for me that you really touch my amateur work. I mean, not just you for @tanypredator and @embx61 too. you guys are pros here. I'm really touch. this is a warm welcome that make me wanna be one of you. but I don't really how things work whis this modding thing yet, let alone the toolkit that as for me really complicated. @RedKetchup, sir? all your mods that I've tried this lately are fantastic while I'm really sure that I'm a "customer" too for @tanypredator and @embx61 works at the same time. while you guys are true artists to me, all that I making now is just considrably cheating. well, it is allowed for starting right?
oh and if it did work for you guys, I'll try it in the main game. will report the result afterward.

RedKetchup

it did, i took your .pkm and put in my retail game and it works perfectly !

as i said, if you enable in an old saved game, you need to destroy all the barns in the map and rebuild them.

sometimes we need to do that, sometimes not. it depends sometime what are the changes.
i am gonna go check if an old saved game, to see if it is ready to go or need to destroy/rebuild :)

Raven Zeroheart

here's the report @embx61 @tanypredator @RedKetchup the mod did work. thanks to you guys (I hold my breath when trying it) :D :D :D
first time. I made it that only that Barn mod. activated it in main menu, went to new game. making it (no debug) worked like charm. now I officially hate the toolkit game like @RedKetchup. will never try anything there anymore. then, I exit the game put the debug mod in. start the game. see the mod section. here's the weird thing (for me) came. my mod was disable. we know that there's no way mod disable itself, right? WHY was that happened? (this is one of my massive questions  ;D) I leave it like that for now, maybe you guys know the problem (not gonna say I'll leave it to you guys to solve, though. it's gonna sounds like a boss that gives order to his subordinates. I'm not gonna be such a person here) but if there's a concern one, I'm all ears. my mod worked with debug too (dah). then exit again, tried to put CCJ in since most of my village work was with it. my mod (I should say your mod @embx61 @tanypredator you guys made it done mostly, appeared to be complicated with CCJ) but we know that again a complicated mods didn't really break the game or so right? but sadly the storage mod DIDN'T worked with CCJ guys  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(