News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Natural Diversity v1.0

Started by Bartender, April 15, 2017, 03:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanypredator

Bartender, I have asked Discrepancy to make fuel-using version, but if you can add 'woodfuel' tag even better. If that is possible.

I think I'll need your template files to make it work. I've looked just now, I had to include NaturalResource files to my mod to reference them in my gathering tools. Since you already have thatch tool, would you, please, share your herbs and annual vegs templates? And more than that - Discrepancy said that to use something from other mod we need 3d model files, string texts and sprites - everything.

Or we can just leave it as it is - that is not such a big problem.

tanypredator

After I slept on it, I have a thought that template files may be enough. Because in my mod I call only 'naturalresource' part of template code, which don't call for models and so on.

I have a feel that if I put everything, it won't be compatible with this mod.

There is one more idea - if you, Bartender, make a version without seasonality, you can attach all your models to original templates, so they will work both with my mod and maybe with the mod 'coldrealism' - to make all plants to disappear at winter. Just a thought. I'm going to test your current version with 'coldrealism'.

tanypredator

Modded gatherers, like in Kid's Forest Outpost, don't gather new plants too, but they can be gathered with 'cleanallresource' button.

Personally, I would prefer all roots and herbs to disappear at winter, that way you could use only one - original, but changed - template, and all old tools and gatherers will work with it. But I'm happy with this mod as it is, and if you want, I can try to implement your plants into my gathering tools.

QueryEverything

Quote from: tanypredator on April 16, 2017, 02:19:08 AM
Hello! Great addition, thank you!

Since you have mentioned possability to use your mod with other spawning mods, I went at once to test it with New Flora :). And, hurray! They work together!

Anyway, I'm definitely happy to see both my plants and yours :)

Quote from: tanypredator on April 16, 2017, 06:05:33 AM
@Necora  I know one method of processing grass into the fuel, used in real life, but I think it's not suitable here, lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_animal_dung_fuel

@tanypredator happy to read that your mods works with @Bartender mod :) 
Which order did you load them in, was yours above or below the Natural Diversity mod?

2)  You could also use that idea, dung as fuel, with @RedKetchup awesome little dung producer in "Garden Walls"

Black Liquid's CC has the Bundling buildings, could something similar (or an overwrite mod) be made that will allow bundling sheds, CC & others to use RK's manure and Bartender's thatch to make "Fire Bricks"?!?!?  We would then have a literal "Sh!tty Mod"  hahahahaha ... :)

:D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 16, 2017, 11:41:31 PM
Which order did you load them in, was yours above or below the Natural Diversity mod?

I put this mod below mine, as stated in mod description: "If you wish to use this mod together with mods that add resources that  get spawned in the forest, such as Necora's PineSet, this mod must be loaded below the other mod."

Tom Sawyer

Thank you for the light version of your natural diversity @Bartender. Tested in the North... works fine, looks great on the Nordic terrain and green in the mod list! Cool stuff and added to my recommended mod list.

The only thing I would like to mention is the pkm size which is not light. 60 MB for the little plants as visual add-on is huge. Maybe when reworking your mod some day you can look at the texture and AO files. Probably they can be a lot smaller or there is something else.

kid1293

Quote from: tanypredator on April 16, 2017, 12:00:19 PM
Bartender, I have asked Discrepancy to make fuel-using version, but if you can add 'woodfuel' tag even better. If that is possible.

@Bartender - Just add a second flag and it will work both ways.
Somewhere there was talk about 'fire-bricks' made from thatch and dung.
Make them 'Fuel | WoodFuel' too.

Bartender

@tanypredator I think the template files would be enough indeed, and it would also solve any problems in the future as I'm probably going to do updates to those meshes ;). I will send them to you by pm. Also, the Light version of the mod doesn't add any new templates, though it also doesn't include the meadows and the thatcher at the moment.

@kid1293 This dung mod sounds like fun ;D.

@Tom Sawyer I'm glad you like it, and thank you for recommending it! You are right about the size, I didn't pay much attention to optimization yet. I will definitely take some time to do this.

tanypredator

Yes, light version must be fully compatible with new flora, but I like meadows :)

By the way, tested it for a few years with 'cold realism'. Seems that they work together except for herbs - all vegs disappear at winter, but herbs left. But with your mod it looks like gatherers have smaller yeld, so it turned too hard. Also I couldn't have enough fuel by using only thatch - I had no firewood at hard start (I thought there must be 100 of it in the cart?) and manual gathering had small yeld. But I have to try other map.

The Pilgrim

@Bartender   I am noticing a problem.  I have a endless feedback loop of laborers bringing thatch from a home to a stockpile and back.  It is particularly with the tents made by @Discrepancy but i have also noticed it with some other houses.

tanypredator

@The Pilgrim, we have already discussed it a bit above :) That's because of flags used by Discrepancy's houses. Bartender said he can fix it in the next update.

The Pilgrim

Sorry  must have missed that   ???

QueryEverything

Quote from: Bartender on April 17, 2017, 07:59:38 AM
@kid1293 This dung mod sounds like fun ;D .

Feel free to use the name I suggested @Bartender  ;)  Or not ...  most likely not, but ...  *evil

Quote from: QueryEverything on April 16, 2017, 11:41:31 PM

Quote from: tanypredator on April 16, 2017, 06:05:33 AM
@Necora  I know one method of processing grass into the fuel, used in real life, but I think it's not suitable here, lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_animal_dung_fuel

Query:
2)  You could also use that idea, dung as fuel, with @RedKetchup awesome little dung producer in "Garden Walls"

Black Liquid's CC has the Bundling buildings, could something similar (or an overwrite mod) be made that will allow bundling sheds, CC & others to use RK's manure and Bartender's thatch to make "Fire Bricks"?!?!?  We would then have a literal "Sh!tty Mod"  hahahahaha ... :)

:D

Yes, yes, I'll go sit in the naughty corner :D

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

I could write the same words on many threads! You are amazing, all you diligent modders (and testers). Impressive!

QueryEverything

@Bartender I have had a chance to playthrough the last couple of days and set myself up a Thatcher, on a 'blank canvas', and find that I'm not sure if the numbers are good.
House & mini market are with the Thatcher building, for food & sleep.  etc.

What numbers should I be expecting the Thatcher to harvest in a season?

Also, would you consider a smaller building, as a harvester/gatherer, I have found that in some forests the thatch is being produced, but I don't have a harvester, so it grows with no attendance.  I don't use the thatcher in that area due to the size of the building.   I would be happy with a balance compromise discussion :) 

Otherwise, I like it, and has saved some Bannies from freezing :D Thank you!!