Main Menu

Kid - Abbey V1.11

Started by kid1293, July 24, 2017, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Abbey V1.11

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=338

"A retreat for the devout."

V1.1 - Reworked the model and made room for a road to the bell tower.
Raised attendance to 320 people on popular demand.

V1.11 - Renamed all source files to avoid conflict with CC.
This means it is not save-game compatible!!

A sturdy building where your Bannies can find some consolation.

My thanks go out to Bartender for his glass material.

taniu

@ kid1293 :)Fantastic abbey, Great use of transparent glass . Thank you. Cheers! :)

twilightbreeze

It's very beautiful. I'd like to use it but it has a cross on it. Maybe make it a little more generic? Many people, myself including follow something other than Christianity.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

Quote from: twilightbreeze on July 24, 2017, 02:06:19 PM
It's very beautiful. I'd like to use it but it has a cross on it. Maybe make it a little more generic? Many people, myself including follow something other than Christianity.

In most religious questions I agree with you. A person should be free to choose.
But in this case I went for an Abbey which is a Christian retreat for monks and nuns.
Also used as center for community worship and some administration.
Luke made crosses in the graveyard so i am not so far away from the game.

I have had this discussion with QueryEverything and Abandoned concerning my
Forest Outpost church. I couldn't decide so I made two churches. With/without cross.
This time it is not possible since most of the idea with this building is the painted
glass window on the back which depicts a cross. That's why it became an abbey.
I can very well find an interesting islamic mural pattern which I want to use and
then you have to go to a mosque.

Sincerely. No hard feelings. I'm a happy person. Take care.

twilightbreeze

I'm not Islamic either, lol.

I'm Native American and have a more "eclectic" ideal, let's say. But thanks for the reply, I understand an abby. Just wish there were more nice 'religious' buildings here that had more generic icons. I have a few already, just that some of the prettier ones have crosses. Thanks anyway.  :)
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

QueryEverything

@kid1293 I really like this :)  I'll just place a big tree on the front door step ;)
*joking
In this case - the cross suits the concept, it's an abbey, it's the way it's meant to be.   

But you know I'm not going to turn down a non-symboled building either ;) 
Damn Luke and not attributing happiness in a way that wasn't just linked to religion icons .... you know, like - the Arts, Literature, Theatres etc ...  Imagine what we could do ....

Oh wait now ....  Kid ... Oh hhhhhhh Kid!

Could a matching Theatre, or city performance space (thinking "Workers Profession", but in reality jugglers etc) - have the same 'happy code' of the Church - and the same seating capacity - that way, when one clicks on it, the outwards of it, looks like a theatre, or Arts building, and there is seating capacity - but of course, the game reads it as a church, and gives it the 'church' boost?

The building would suit the style, there were many, many theatres in stone work that were built, and open air performance spaces ....

Perhaps a question for another thread, I'm happy to move along - But, no harm in asking. 

Moved the request: 
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1871.msg37925#msg37925

-----

Back to this one - looks beautiful, it would do well alongside Red's NMT and your Stone house building mods.
Thank you :D

ps:  Just want to clarify, I was the one who was requesting the non-cross for my Bannies in the forest, cos they were Nekkid Moon Dancing Pagan Womenists ;)
haha *seriously - cos, I did :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Whoyou13

WOw so many ideas, I don't mind if there's a cross on it, but I am sure you are making other ideas, so I am waiting for the compilation of it. hahahahaha  Maybe a theater house, just for fun?

Gatherer

Just when I thought I have finished selecting mods for the next map a beauty like this Abbey comes along. Thank you Kid.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Paeng

Quote from: Gatherer on July 25, 2017, 03:05:21 AMa beauty like this Abbey

Yeah, that's a nice one...

My problem is not so much crosses or half moons or whatever, mainly my gripe is with the small capacity (and large size) of most Temples... like by the time I can (want to) afford to build one with a cap of 40 or 60 or so, I already have enough peeps for 3 or 4 of them... LOL

So this Abbey with cap 100 comes in handy, also the small village church by Embx...

My favorite is still the menhir - open air, small footprint, decent cap...  ;)
I'm tempted to ask for a standalone version of that one...  :-[   ;)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

A larger menhir? :)

Good to see, bit by bit. I hope it lasts.
I also hope it was a joke about a standalone menhir?
I have no more plans for pagan adventures in the woods.

I raise the bar ('Because I like you', said in an mexican accent)
120 people in the abbey. Will make it tonight.
Now time for dinner and a cold beer.

kid1293

@Paeng - Version 1.01 is in download. 120 peeps

embx61

Cold Beer I can see but who needs dinner if you have that cold beer?  :D

wait for Kid that he Mod Obelix in the game. :)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

kid1293

Quote from: embx61 on July 25, 2017, 10:43:00 AM
wait for Kid that he Mod Obelix in the game. :)

Wish I could!!!
Would be a good laugh.

Or a Santa

Maldrick

Quote from: Paeng on July 25, 2017, 09:27:19 AM

My problem is not so much crosses or half moons or whatever, mainly my gripe is with the small capacity (and large size) of most Temples... like by the time I can (want to) afford to build one with a cap of 40 or 60 or so, I already have enough peeps for 3 or 4 of them... LOL

Just ran into this exact thing on my current map.  Was going for small-ish but by the time I did my typical forestry song and dance (can't help myself it seems) and even thought about churches already had enough people for 4 of what I'd planned on using.  Poor planning on my part, really, but this is exciting to see.  And glad I'm not the only one. :P

The abbey is beautiful and can't wait to play with it.  Thought about adding it to what I'm doing now but I'm past about halfway done and will on the next one. For some reason this strikes me as needing copious amounts of alcohol production with it.  Brewist monks in a remote location maybe? :)

Thank you for yet another gorgeous addition, @kid1293
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Kimbolton

Thanks for this one Kid. I like it very much! :)