News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Abbey V1.11

Started by kid1293, July 24, 2017, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on July 25, 2017, 10:31:19 AMVersion 1.01 is in download. 120 peeps

Thanks, every bit helps  ;)

Quotehope it was a joke about a standalone menhir?

Ummm... well... err...  :D

Quote from: Maldrick on July 25, 2017, 01:48:34 PMAnd glad I'm not the only one.

Tehehe... well, at least by now we have some variety - I hate to built the same thing more than once, when it's supposed to be sort of a highlight of a village... and needing to build 5 temples for 500 peeps (where only 300 are big adults, the rest slim kids) seems over the top to me  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

I will keep your thoughts, @Paeng .
The church, or whatever, can actually have administration for thousands of people.
Not all go there at the same time.

elemental

Quote from: Paeng on July 26, 2017, 01:36:17 PM
and needing to build 5 temples for 500 peeps (where only 300 are big adults, the rest slim kids) seems over the top to me  :)

Yep, I agree. I just use the Leap of Faith mod. I guess it's a bit cheaty but so what. One church should be able to cover a town. If it's a matter of limited seating they can have more than one service.

ancientmuse

Quote from: elemental on July 26, 2017, 04:53:52 PM

Yep, I agree. I just use the Leap of Faith mod. I guess it's a bit cheaty but so what. One church should be able to cover a town. If it's a matter of limited seating they can have more than one service.

What's the "leap of faith" mod ??

elemental

It makes it so that one church is all you need, regardless of how many people you have. You aren't limited to only one church - you can still build as many churches as you want - but you only need one.

It's an old mod but it still works. I can't find it anywhere on steam or google so I've attached it here.

Maldrick

Quote from: ancientmuse on July 26, 2017, 05:26:35 PM
Quote from: elemental on July 26, 2017, 04:53:52 PM

What's the "leap of faith" mod ??

I was really hoping it was going to be a mod that miraculously links a Banished village to the Assassin's Creed game of your choice so you can run around, climb buildings, and perform leaps of faith (an assassin's creed thing).  :D

Seriously, would love to be able to do that.  I'm a legit AC fanboy and have been running around in historical villages and cities for a decade in those games. Occurred to me when I built my first banished town how cool it would be to be able to explore it as an assassin.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

QueryEverything

@elemental thank you, downloaded it :)  Added it to my collection, that is fabulous. 

@Maldrick +1 I was thrilled to see it, then ever so sad to read the mundane description of it, of course that's not Elementa's fault, that's just that we won't have Ezio gracing us with his presence ... oh dear ... :(  *sadness

@Paeng
Quote from: Paeng on July 26, 2017, 01:36:17 PM

Quotehope it was a joke about a standalone menhir?

Ummm... well... err...  :D

Quote from: Maldrick on July 25, 2017, 01:48:34 PMAnd glad I'm not the only one.

Tehehe... well, at least by now we have some variety - I hate to built the same thing more than once, when it's supposed to be sort of a highlight of a village... and needing to build 5 temples for 500 peeps (where only 300 are big adults, the rest slim kids) seems over the top to me  :)

Lalalala  no further comments other than +1 ;) 

I won't bore you all to snores again on my proclamation that this part of the game is completely broken, because lassie knows I've beaten you over the heads with it enough - but, definitely agree with the sentiments here - the larger churches, I think you should throw "cheaty" out the dictionary, because to be honest a true church would have different sermons times, have different events, cater to a massive amount of villagers etc, so small numbers doesn't make sense. 
Even in the 'Tiny' mods, a 10 seater model (or however many, let's roll with that as an example), should at least seat 50-70 when you take into consideration 5-7 services over a 3 day period (at the very least). 

Bah.  If I was on a Banished 2 Production focus group, this would be where I would be kicking pants.  ugh.

Back to your normal programming ...  ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Ah, good to see I'm not alone with this little gripe...  ;D

Since we're at it - how about cemeteries? They are a lot more important than churches, but the real estate needed is bugging me, too... can their cap be raised?

Or, better yet - can you model / mod a crematorium? That would be cool to match with a temple, and maybe some small cemetery, but ease up on the large chunks of land... and still keep peeps happy.
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

I think what can be done is to let the graves disappear faster so less cemetery's are needed because the graves recycle faster.

I shall look into it some later and maybe it can just be a little override.

EDIT:

Yeah, it is in the Tombstone file

TombstoneDescription tombstone
{
float _lifetimeInMonths = 60.0;
float _lifetimeTolerance = 12.0;
}

So set the number 60 lower should make the tombstone disappear faster I believe.

I did not really play for a while since a couple of days but not sure what the game months are.
If I follow the code above the graves should disappear in about 5 to 7 years but if I remember right it takes longer then that.

I can make later a override. What are the numbers you want? 40.00 - 8(About 1/3 faster), 30 - 6.0 (Cuts in half)
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

elemental

I'm sure there are already a few mods that change tombstone lifespan. I don't know what the numbers on them are though.

What about some catacombs? Small above-ground footprint but holds lots of dead bannies. Is something like that even possible?

embx61

The code is rather limited to do much with grave yards.

Shorten the lifespan of the graves and make different minimal sizes is all we can do as far as I know.

I just made a little override what cuts the time in half. So from 60 to 30. and Tolerance from 12 to 6.

I did not test if it works besides that it don't crash :)

Will Upload in a minute.

QueryEverything

This Abbey would look lovely next to a building for a crypt, mausoleum, Ossuary, etc; I like that idea ...
I like where @Paeng & @elemental were going ....
I rarely make cemeteries on my maps - it's a 'me' thing, but, if there was a building that would do in it's place, something to pair with this Abbey (or similar, I don't want to single this out - just an example) - I would do so more often I think.

Could a crematorium be made @embx61 where the building is X design, but the code is cemetery based - however with a fast turn over, so say time is 1 - so 1 every month?  A crematorium, in reality, would do many in a week, so 1 a month is more than fair, perhaps?

Thoughts?

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

I doubt it.

As I said, the code is rather limited for grave yards in the Mod kit.

Luke's cemetery work a bit like a pasture (Dragging a field) and then  behind the scenes if a banie dies it takes a spot in that field and put a random tombstone graphic there.

So nothing with a building.

Here the code of the cemetery template file
{
// how often to update
UpdatePriority _updatePriority = Fourth;

// declare types that will be used
Description _descriptions
[
"ui",

"map",
"zone",
"toolbar",
"createfenced",
"decal",
"work",
"radius",
"storage",
"model",
"interact",
"highlight",
"statusicon",

"statemachine",
"cleararea",
"build",
"workplace",
"multiobject",
"destroy",
"happiness",
"cemetery",
]
}

MultiObjectDescription multiobject { }
InteractDescription interact { }
StorageDescription storage { }
ClearAreaDescription cleararea { int _workerCount = 8; }
StateMachineDescription statemachine { }
ZoneDescription zone { }
DestroyDescription destroy { }

HappinessDescription happiness
{
HappinessType _happinessType = Spirit;
int _idleRange = 0;
}

RadiusDescription radius
{
int _radius = 30;
// MaterialInstance _decalMaterial = "Terrain/TiledDecals/SelectAreaMaterial.rsc";
}

StatusIconDescription statusicon
{
SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "StatusIcons\BuildingIconSpriteSheet.rsc";
bool _fixedSize = true;
float _size = 0.04;
float _zoffset = 1.33;
}

MapDescription map
{
PathType _pathType = Normal;
bool _addOnCreate = false;
bool _neverAdd = true;

bool _addToOverhead = true;
Color _mapColor = 0xFF80694D;
}

ToolbarDescription toolbar
{
SpriteSheet _spriteSheet = "Dialog/SpriteSheet.rsc";
String _spriteName = "BuildCemetery";

StringTable _stringTable = "Dialog/StringTable.rsc:objects";
String _stringName = "Cemetery";
String _stringNameLwr = "CemeteryLwr";
String _toolTip = "CemeteryTip";

String _statusStrings
[
"CreateOk",
"CreateTooSmall",
"CreateTooBig",
"CreateBlocked",
]

int _group = 2;
}

CreateFencedDescription createfenced
{
PathBits _placeBits = Normal | Obstacle;

int _maxWidth = 20;
int _maxHeight = 20;
int _minWidth = 7;
int _minHeight = 7;

bool _centerBuilding = true;

ComponentDescription _sections
[
"Template/CemeteryGate.rsc",
"Template/StoneFenceEnd.rsc",
"Template/StoneFenceCorner.rsc",
"Template/StoneFenceStraight.rsc",
"Template/StoneFenceStraightLong.rsc",
"Template/StoneFenceGate.rsc",
]

ComponentDescription _allowAndRemove = "Template/Clear.rsc";
}

CemeteryDescription cemetery
{
ComponentDescription _tombstone = "Template/Tombstone.rsc";
}

WorkDescription work
{
int _defaultWorkers = 4;
int _maxArea = 400;
}

WorkPlaceDescription workplace
{
// no actual work done here once the building is built
//Profession _profession = null;
//Profession _pickupProfession = null;
}

DecalDescription decal
{
MaterialInstance _materials [ "Terrain/TiledDecals/PastureMaterial.rsc" ]
bool _tiled = true;
float _initialAlpha = 1.0;
}

ModelDescription model
{
int _displayIndex = 0;
int _subIndex = -1;
bool _randomIndex = false;
}

HighlightDescription highlight
{
// materials for drawing selection with no mesh
MaterialInstance _maskMaterial = "Material/SelectionMask/SelectionMask.rsc";
MaterialInstance _edgeMaterial = "Material/SelectionEdge/SelectionEdge.rsc";
}

BuildDescription build
{
int _workRequired = 1;
bool _scaledWithSize = true;

BuildRequirement _buildRequirement
[
{
ComponentDescription _rawMaterial = "Template/RawMaterialStone.rsc";
int _count = 1;
}
]
}

UIDescription ui
{
Dialog _dialog = "Dialog/StandardDialog.rsc:entity";

ElementController _controllers
[
{ ElementDescription _element = "groupEmpty"; String _insertAt = "userGroup0"; }
{
ObjectType _type = WorkPlaceUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Work.rsc:workPlace";
String _insertAt = "userTitle0";
}
{
ObjectType _type = StatusIconUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Building.rsc:icons";
String _insertAt = "userTitle1";
}
{
ObjectType _type = CemeteryUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Cemetery.rsc:cemetery";
String _insertAt = "userGroup0";
}
{
ObjectType _type = BuildUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Build.rsc:build";
String _insertAt = "pageBuild";
}
{
ObjectType _type = DestroyUI;
ElementDescription _element = "Dialog/Destroy.rsc:destroy";
String _insertAt = "pageDestroy";
}
]
}

GroupDescription groupEmpty
{
int _minWidth = 287;
int _minHeight = 64;
}

And here for the tomstone.

// layout of the entity
ComponentDescription resource
{
// how often to update
UpdatePriority _updatePriority = Fifth;

// declare types that will be used
Description _descriptions
[
"map",
"model",
"tombstone",
]
}

MapDescription map
{
PathType _pathType = Immovable;
bool _addOnCreate = true;

int _width = 1;
int _height = 1;
}

ModelDescription model
{
MeshGroup _meshes
[
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave01" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave02" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave03" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave04" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave05" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave06" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave07" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave08" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave09" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave10" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave11" ] }
{ GraphicsMesh _mesh [ "Models\Buildings\Cemetery\TombstoneMesh.rsc:grave12" ] }
]

int _displayIndex = 0;
int _subIndex = 0;
bool _randomIndex = true;
}

TombstoneDescription tombstone
{
float _lifetimeInMonths = 60.0;
float _lifetimeTolerance = 12.0;
}

Maldrick

"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

QueryEverything

Ok, I promise this is the last of it from me tonight - but rogue idea, then I'll be in your naughty corner too @embx61   ;)  promise.

The overhang code & model development - the one that some of the houses are now using, could that be used?
So - the idea being - the code for the cemetery as above, can't be changed - but, what can go over it?

A cemetery is made, with the 'overhanging' Crypt, Mausoleum etc that goes over the top. 
Then the code for the reduced time and voila - crematorium :D

*waves good night ;)