News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Abbey V1.11

Started by kid1293, July 24, 2017, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

embx61

Yes, that can probably be done.

Just as Kid does with his green house over the crop fields.

But we never know how big the player makes a grave yard.

What is possible is to take the grave yard code and limit the size to the size of the ghosted building.
The graveyard will just work as in the game but the ghosted building will cover it all up.

It will be a two part process. Build the cemetery and then put the ghosted building over it to cover it all up.

If we set the tombstone code pretty low so the graves (not visible) disappear within in a year or so the building not have to be that big.

I however am not ready to make one so shortly after my wife passed away.
I already felt shivers when I made that little tombstone override :(

Sounds maybe crazy but that is just the way I feel.

So maybe somebody else want to try it.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

ancientmuse

Quote from: elemental on July 26, 2017, 07:46:02 PM
It makes it so that one church is all you need, regardless of how many people you have. You aren't limited to only one church - you can still build as many churches as you want - but you only need one.

It's an old mod but it still works. I can't find it anywhere on steam or google so I've attached it here.

Oooooo, that's definitely a mod that I want then !

I hate having to build so many churches just to keep the peeps happy... the amount of people these huge churches only allow is ridiculously low for their size.

I've never heard of this mod, so thank you for giving us the file, muchly appreciated !

;D

Paeng

QuoteIt's an old mod but it still works.

Cool, never saw this... thanks for posting  :)
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Maldrick

@kid1293

Had a chance to play around with the Abbey this morning.  It's beautiful.  The glass is amazing and I found myself panning around just to see the perspective change inside.  Very well done.  Thank you for this addition.

Question...If you ever make any changes to this, would it be possible to add road spaces around it, especially on the left side leading up to that door?  Not sure how that works with the roof overhang but thought I would ask.  This building is ripe for decoration and being able to put something other than grass around it, especially at that side door, would be really great.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

kid1293

Hmm. It WAS my intention to have two entrances.
But I miscalculated and placed the tower door totally off!
Now there is no way to undo that. (build a new abbey, no)
You have to be satisfied with ghosted props.

And yeah, the back window came out real nice. :)

Maldrick

Unfortunately, I only know of one that changes ground tiles and it's limited.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

kid1293

Don't you think it hurts my stomach making such a mistake?
Two doors, two entrances and no way to reach one of them.

Maldrick

Well don't let it do that!  It's beautiful.  Just thought I'd ask about road spaces.

kid1293

Either I hate you or I kiss you, @Maldrick ...

Here is pre/beta/test version with 2 doors.

The doors seem to be working. I have changed attendance to 320. @Paeng  ;)

edit - Testing is over. New file in download

The rock road is within the new footprint.
As you can guess, it is not save-game compatible.

Time for dinner and ...some beer.

Paeng

Quote from: kid1293 on July 28, 2017, 11:20:28 AMchanged attendance to 320. @Paeng  ;)

Yeah! Now that's what I call a cap! Great!

As for the thing about being able to run a road all the way to an entrance or inside or right up to a building --Kid, I hope you don't mind, I'm not looking at you in particular  :)-- well, this is something that is missing in many, many mods - I call it "traffic-enabling", a term borrowed from SC...

I guess it often just gets forgotten, as for a modder it's probably not high priority - it's a special "Builder's gripe"  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Builder's gripe or what you want, I agree 100% that building should be leaving options
for builders. Not just square and 'stiff' but a small extra tile here and some roadtiles for deco there...

And @Maldrick - I want you to test if it works as you (and others) wanted.

And others - the same. Test! The abbey is a bit narrower now. At first I would gladly find a machete
and go headhunting, but now I think it serves a purpose.

See you tomorrow.

Savidan

Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid, I want it with 3 doors   ;D !!!!

*I'm kidding :) *

Ok, ok I leave --> [ ]

Maldrick

@kid1293 Absolutely will, shortly.  Thank you for having a look at it!

Edit:  I've been curious about modding for some time and you've got me wondering where the gotcha was with this.  Pretty sure I've seen mods get road spaces added later...Or maybe footprints changed?  Is there a point of no return with that kind of thing or something in particular with this specific building?

kid1293

There are no real point of no return. You can always build a new model.
See it like this with the abbey - The tower couldn't be moved on its own.
It was integrated with the walls of the abbey. so I had to move the tower AND
the wall. (and door and windows and a lot of points in the model).
Now I had the door more or less aligned with the grid. And a lopsided abbey.
So I had to move the wall on the other side too. End result a more narrow abbey.
I didn't just change the scale of the model, that would make the door too narrow and
the tower elliptic in shape. It's frustrating how many small things there are to consider.
No point of no return.

Abandoned

Well worth the effort, the Abbey looks great.  :)  I love the bell tower, especially in winter.  The stain glass window is fabulous.