News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Cattle slaughtered at Trading Post

Started by irrelevant, June 16, 2014, 07:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

This is interesting. Bought four head of cattle that there was no immediate spot open for. Turned the slider down at a nearby stockyard to make room, and went off to do other things. Came back later to find this. There is no way to this square except from the TP. The traders got tired of the cattle hanging around, and so they slaughtered them.

I did discover (I believe) that increasing the number of herdsmen at a stockyard increases the speed at which they process animals at that yard, should you turn the sliderbar down.

nmid

lol.. that's interesting.

I do have to ask something though..
You purchased new cattle when you already had an overfilling pasture.. and instead of making a new pasture, you killed some old cattle to make space for the new cattle.
So in a nut-shell, you purchased meat+leather from the trader? :D

irrelevant

@nmid I cannot defend every decision I make  :)

nmid

hahaha...

Not pointing fingers, but just had to ask :D.

I've done equally temperamental things, but then I'm forced by my inner demons to load an old save and play again :x.

solarscreen

Sometimes the need to sell your excess at the trade depot can make you buy whatever they have!

Yeah, its true.  If you buy animals and have nowhere to put them, eventually they will disappear - slaughtered or died.
Be sure you have a pasture ready!

Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics

Biginuf

QuoteYeah, its true.  If you buy animals and have nowhere to put them, eventually they will disappear - slaughtered or died.
Be sure you have a pasture ready!

That explains where my sheep went. good info.

tomplum68

it sounds like if you had put the slider back up at the pasture to accommodate the new animals you might have been alright.  you said you turned the slider down to kill some but were the animals at the trade port killed before the animals at the pasture were culled to make room?  turning that slider back up may have saved them.

irrelevant

I think you're probably right. It was a rookie mistake. :D

rkelly17

This is slightly off topic, since it involves animals reproducing rather than being killed, but has anyone noticed the number of chickens increasing between the trading post and the pasture? I was looking at the numbers thinking, "That can't be, can it?" but I'm pretty sure that more chickens arrived at the pasture than I bought from the trader. I think I may also have seen this when splitting the flock for a new pasture.

tomplum68

they're like rabbits!!!  in that they reproduce quickly...not guard caves and rip people's throats out

salamander

Methinks only the Holy Hand Grenade can save us.  ;)

@rkelly17, I haven't noticed it with chickens, but I have with sheep and cows.  It seems I read somewhere long ago, that occasionally you'll get lucky and purchase livestock ready to give birth; maybe something similar happens with chickens.

rkelly17

Quote from: salamander on July 30, 2014, 02:53:14 PM
Methinks only the Holy Hand Grenade can save us.  ;)

@rkelly17, I haven't noticed it with chickens, but I have with sheep and cows.  It seems I read somewhere long ago, that occasionally you'll get lucky and purchase livestock ready to give birth; maybe something similar happens with chickens.

Thanks, @salamander. I would much rather buy a pregnant cow or sheep than chicken. I'm no farmer, but wouldn't a "pregnant" chicken just leave behind eggs?  :D

RedKetchup

haha, bah in fact, chickens are pregnant everyday ^^ each chicken leave 1 egg everyday :) in RL
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

salamander

@rkelly17, 'pregnant' sheep and cows, 'gravid' chickens ... but I think the outcome is the same, and might explain what you're seeing.  :)

solarscreen

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 31, 2014, 08:58:19 AM
haha, bah in fact, chickens are pregnant everyday ^^ each chicken leave 1 egg everyday :) in RL
For about 200 days a year on average.
Technology - Home Theater - Astronomy - Pyrotechnics