News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: Vicks #6

Started by brads3, November 13, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on November 25, 2017, 06:23:26 PM
but then we will need a huge bonfire and mirrors in it.

bonfire is nice too :)

but the game doesnt rendering the fire particles through a transparency window.
i tried
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

YEAR 20

it took 4 years to have enough housing for the last set of nomads. we do need 2 houses for the homeless teens.i think we made good use of the nomads.we were able to get a production village and prodction area started.we have 2 vendors moving supplies.with 2 wood choppers, firewood should be better stocked this year.food reserves should also increase.so we don't use all the logs up cutting lumber, i did move the construction limit down to 500.we do have too many laborers so will need more workplaces or fields.i think we will stay at 10 laborers supplying 2 builders.if they get ahead,we will send 3 builders.that leaves 5 or 6 workers that will need jobs.
        population 130,58 adults in 28 houses+2 boardinghouses. 45% educated.

with almost half our population as adults,we are due a population boom so we do need to increase our food more.the mining town will expand with the homeless teens. the 2 rh houses will be unpaused and the builders can finish digging the mine.once all the materials are supplied,the laborers will clear land for crops.we show good surplus of blueberries. a tavern can be added soon.
          by fall the builders are caught up and i need to take some time to address the storage situations.the industrial square won't store new items. the farmers market primary function was to supply food. it also stores firewood and herbs.
the small market was built to help store minerals and clay as well as supply food,tools,and firewood.each village should have the basics supplied.the main barn in the center of the crops fills fast and the vendors can't empty it enough.the NORDIC barns are being emptied by vendors for the farmers.
         cellars are needed for the office which will help store new items there.more storage wil be needed in the mining town for stone,salt,and other minerals.another barn needs to be added to the center of the fields.in time i may need to use carts to supply production workplaces.once the city construction begins,moving materials and keeping production processes working will be important.
          for now we add another NMT barn and several new item cellars to the office.as i ran checking fields when snow fell early in the fall,i notice the blueberries are producing double what they should be.no other crops or orchards are doing this,so it is hard to figure what mod could cause it.with harsh climate i should be producing less.this is an odd glitch.not only can't i figure which mod i but other than moving the CC orchard mod below CC, i see no way to move the recent additions. i did run a check from an older save. the blueberry glitch has been going on longer than i noticed. i will need to dig deepr into the toolbox to figure this out.the only mod i see that could affect the blueberry is the NMT above CC.that was moved to help the wells produce better.i will consider swapping the NMT and fodder mobelow and above CC.that might fix the blueberry glitch and still help the wells. as it is i don't dare attempt to mess with the mod order midgame. for now to be fair,i sent an extra worker to both blueberry fields

pic 1: yr20 stats
pic 2: 10 yr food graph
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: pelt hut
pic 5: mining town
pic 6: blueberry glitch prodcing more than the larger orchard and  double the same sized crop field

brads3

YEAR 21

we continue working on the storage barn and cellars with 3 builders and 10 laborers.by summer the laborers have the builders supplied and are sent to clear north above the greenhouses.this will allow a road to the meadow hovels and give space for future greenhouses.our fertilizer is above 600 even with 1 greenhouse using it.to help move food out of the main barns,we send 1 of our new graduates to be a 3rd vendor.

pic 1: new item cellars,7 fit along the RH office/townhall
pic 2: main food barns

brads3

YEAR 22

we have 3 situations that need to be solved. the firewood choppers are breaking even,we need more clothing,and i want to add a blacksmith to make better tools for the mine.i would rather not use furs yet.a lumber mill should go on the far stream,too far away to help at the moment.so to the foresters and more hunter. we also only have 1 graduate available.
temporary solution is to send a quick hunter to a deer herd near the production square while a new blacksmith is built.
keeping with the wildwest mod we will add the toolsmith near the EB wharehouse.if we had a bundler shed to bundle thatch,the bannies say they would use it more to heat houses. they don't like using it otherwise.
    before the toolsmith is supplies with building materials,27 nomads show up.many of these will need to help push our food up.1 will have to cut firewood.17 are adults and 10 children.
      we will add a greenhouse and plymouth house to the north since it was cleared for that.we add a worker ww house near the food barns.another large house extends the wildwest village for the new smith and a woodchopper.i do hope these nomads like blueberries cause we will take a hit in food for this year.
     by fall the toolmaker was built. the quickhunter had gained us 1000 venison and 35 leather.our coats actually improved even with supplying the nomads. problem is the toolmaker won't use the iron ore.we doaren't ready to process the ore so we will need to add a different blacksmith.in the meantime the hunter moves on to find more deer elsewhere.a RH smith will be built beside the small market.
      snow comes late,for once.by then we have the squash greenhouse and home built to the north.we expanded our main food center adding a house and bean field and a sweet potato field.our firewood stock has improved with the 3rd cutter.the stone has improved with the mine but our log count is dropping.we will need to do some serious clearing.to solve our clothing issues,we decided to use the ponds.2 reed farms and a fishing pier are added.a dock shop can make survival coats and bundle the reeds to burn.we;ll use the survival coats for newcomers and later for trading.the reeds will allow us to build duck blinds so i think the payoff will be better than a textile chain.
     i got word that we have too many deer in the crop fields. a 3rd hunter is sent to deal with them.finally the RH blacksmith starts producing roughtools. the deer hunter produced 2000 venison and 67 leather while he has waited.the bannies will eat well this winter.

pic 1: squash greenhouse
pic 2: field center
pic 3: deer invading crops

brads3

YEAR 23

since we have too many blueberries,a pilgrim's rest will be added. more land is cleared to inrease our food.we add a strawberry field and a radish field.the stable still is producing more fertilizer than we use,so another fodder greenhouse can be added.a new well will be needed.a duck blind is planned  and another DS hovel.more rowhouses will be added to the mining town to get the everyone out of the boardinghouses.to keep the deer out of the crops,the laborers will clear trees around them.since we still don't have a forester,this will keep our logs supplied.
  by mid winter,the boardinghouses are empty once more.we need a school near the production area.the laborer count is at 18.i double the vendors,taking the labor count down to 15.these are not all located in a clump. i do have them scattered around.

pic 1: reed farms,dock shop,and pilgrim's rest
pic 2: countryhouse to work fields
pic 3: duckblind

brads3

YEAR 24

while work is being done on a school,the laborers are busy clearing for a road from the greenhouses to the meadow houses.then they will begin the greuling work of pushing a road thru the mining town toward the east.though a few live close by,most bannies have to walk a ways to get there.the brush is thick and the ground is rocky and bumpy. it will take time to accomplish this.when cold weather returns,i will need to check our food reserves and let the bannies return and work closer to the main village.
       once again, a pair of teens has taken to living in the old boardinghouse so the builders extend the mining rowhouses.during the winter, the laborers clear for more fields and move supplies for another NMT barn.

pic 1: rowhouse school
pic 2:meadow road
pic 3:turnips and rasberry fields with new barn

brads3

YEAR 25

the bannies start work on a candle shop.as soon as it warms up they will go back to clearing for a road east of the mining town.to help move the materials,a vendor is added to the wharehouse.as the weather turns cold,work stops on clearing land.the workers are busy supplying materials for more housing and a cola silo.a coal mine will be dug to give fuel to refine iron ore.

pic 1: candle shop
pic 2: thick clearing
pic 3: progress on the road
pic 4: coal mine

Nilla

Luckily America is big. I'm relived that your still busy settling it! ;)

brads3

who are you? where you been? how are ya?what is new? you have been missed.it continues but not without some difficulties along the way.mainly my computer needs overhauled. i had worked a map to build every mod i had at the time except the north.i tried off and on for several  weeks but the computer kept dumping it. worked my way back through different save points,rebuilt so far,and poof.i did keep 4 save points so it might not be totally lost. added some new mods moved on to a new map.i tried to do some different test maps to try and find a population balance formula that might be workable.so far not much luck.the computer doesn't like to play by itself without fatal errors too.
   the forum is quieter lately. there are new mods.some i do want to add to the collection. CC has been making modular mods from the CC. now and then they add new stuff to the little modular sets.i hope to see more of them and then decide how to set my game up.
   in the meantime, the series can continue. there is much i would like to do yet. other than the errors on the long map,there has been slight odd glitches. the duck hunter would fish and not hunt as many ducks.wells produce better but i did or do have to swap 2 mods to fix a different issue.think the fodder and NMT had to be reversed. 1 above CC,the other below. the town i am on has a weird issue. teens get kicked out to live in the boardinghouse until you build them a house. seems to be just 1 pair off and on.only concern is if it slows down nomads while it does that.i also have a bannie who gets lost,goes homeless,and finds his way home. the bannies are strange people sometimes.

brads3

YEAR 26

we send 2 workers to the mine to dig for coal. more will be added soon.with the coal silo finished,more storage is added and a shoreman are added to the mining town.we will add 2 rowhouses for more workers.by mid-summer, we have a road all the way to the far stream.the workers rush to haul stone for a bridge before snow comes.with new workers living in the mining town and the road cleared to the stream,another miner is sent to the coal mine and a worker added to dig sand.
    another year without nomads. workers are graduating school,so our population is growing.during winter,more fields will have to be cleared and plowed.we build a colonial house for the new farmers. they move in at age 15 and 16.

pic 1: east road and bridge
pic 2: shoreman hut
pic 3: pepper and onion fields

brads3

YEAR 27

WE will need an office to check production in the mining town. the tiny townhall is added to conserve space.to help boost our log reserves before we have a forester set up,the laborers can clear land near the mines. 15 workers seems to make things go quicker working so far away.though i would rather use some of them for other projects,i will leave them working together.i do think there will be nomads soon to start building to the far east.the builders are quick and by summer start on a fuel refinery.
       as expeceted,25 new nomads arrive.several will be sent to the east to work the forests.the 15 laborers now have 14 extra helpers.an industrial market will be 1st to store materials from clearing for construction.a hardwood forester will be 1st,since it will take time for the new trees to produce.RK's hunter cabin is added with its residence.a diptheria outbreak will slow us down. it is a hike back to the only clinic.these newcomers will need to learn to use our soap. everone is cured by mid fall.
       even with so many workers it takes time working so far away. the industrial market is finished just before snow falls.1 rowhouse was added at the mining town.it will be a busy winter.the laborers work to supply more construction materials.
      now that foresters will be moving stone to plant trees,the stone mine is switched to salt.our firewood and tool limits are increased to supply more workers.

pic 1:tiny townhall
pic 2: forest start construction

RedKetchup

btw Brad, in your first screenshots , the open sky mines...
that is the way i ll do my mining centers, Kral gave me their mesh which i will adapt to my mining center :)

brads3

those are handy for some things. you don't need the mountain to place them.plus you can choose between 2 items to mine.you can change from stone to salt,and iron to coal.that can be handy too. i do like my ultimate mine cause it will bring out stone,iron,and coal all at the same time. that makes sence while you are digging to dig everything and sort it after instead of digging just coal and not bring up the iron and stone.
          are you planning to make them unlimited or in steps like CC? CC has "upgrades" where you use candles or torches to dig deeper for 3 stages before they go unlimited. i use different mines a lot. depends on the mountain and what i am mining. KID's tiny mines work where the larger vanillatype mines don't fit. the normal vanilla mine has 2 texture looks. 1 is  better looking than the old smoke stack vanilla. i am not sure if CC did it or a mine mod. did KRAY give you the codes for the cranes? those were neat with the canal traders in the last map to unload the boats.

RedKetchup

brads3

YEAR 28

Before we can continue with the forest expansion,the laborers need to clear 2 fields to increase our food.the bannies must have waited til spring to restock their houses.all of a sudden we had a 5000 drop to our food reserve. a quick hunter and fisherman are sent to help keep stocks up til fall harvest.a farmer died unexpexctedly so our late bean crop wasn't plated in time to produce this year.to help their diets,a grain greenhouse is planned for at the forest center.
       as soon as our crops start being harvested,the quick hunter returns to help the laborers. they are already busy on the grain greenhouse and running supplies for a gathering hunt.the trout fisherman decides to stay. he says if he is in the way of construction, he will move along the riverbank.the river has a good supply of trout all up and down it according to him.
       knowing we will need to further add to our food stocks next year,the workers start cleaing for 2 dense 12x12 orchards. doing this in winter, will allow the farmers to help but keep them near the fields.

pic 1: beans and strawberry fields
pic 2: grain gh
pic 3:hardwood forest