News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Stone Bridge v1.2 (updated 05 Feb 2018)

Started by Discrepancy, December 20, 2017, 10:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk

@Discrepancy - Just had an interesting thing happen with the Stone Bridge mod; specifically - the Archive Tower. It seems it is attracting nomads.
I do have one other 'Hall of Records' installed - the one from @kid1293's Medieval Grace mod, but it doesn't attract nomads either.
I do have the latest version of the Stone Bridge mod also. I built this Archive Tower on a previous map and it never did attract nomads. That was with an earlier version of this mod.

I don't have anything else installed that has a 'Town Hall' type of building and I don't think i have anything installed, like wells or something, that attracts nomads. Even if I have a mod installed that has one of these, it's not placed in game - to the best of my knowledge. I will go back and double check, just to make sure, but I am about 80 years into this map and the past 10 years or so have been just trying to maintain the necessary needs of the community. The Medieval Grace Hall of Records has been on the map for most of this game.

Here's a lis of the mods I have installed, in the right install order.

RKEditorChoiceEdition
banishedUImaps
banishedUImt
banishedUImod
banishedUIprofessions
banishedUI
DebugMenu
stopcoalburn
DSFences
DSJettyAndBridge
DSRoads
DSStoneBridge
DSTunnels
KidHouseBoat
KidMedievalGrace
KidTwilightHerbs
RKOldBakeryHouse
RKOldBlacksmith
RKOldHunterHut
OldTailorHouse
warehouse

You can see in the screenshot all the nomads hanging around the Archive Tower. I hope they disperse at some point.
There's also a shot of Kid's 'Hall of Records'.

Edit 1: Just a quick update: They did leave in the Autumn, after arriving in the Spring.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

That looks sinister.The record keeper has a history and it's finally caught up with him.

kid1293

I can confirm that the town hall @Discrepancy made has nomads
but no buttons for accept/reject.  ???

Discrepancy

Hawk

The tool tip even says the Archive Tower doesn't attract nomads.  ;)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

adelegarland

Hello all,
I have a question...   Has anyone any screenshots of the Left and Right Bridge pieces built in the game?  I am confused as to how they work and what parts to use with them.   I LOVE this bridge set, been building bridges all over the place, but these pieces are baffling me!  :P
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

elemental

I don't have pics but I have used it. It is a draggable bridge, just like all the other normal bridges. It looks like the modular stone bridges but it doesn't have wooden railings. It is designed to be 2 squares wide so you need to use the left and right pieces side by side. Left goes on the western side for north-south bridges and on the northern side for east-west bridges (north being the top of the mini map). If that doesn't make sense then save your game before you build, just in case.  :)

You don't really need these draggable bridges because the modular set can give you the same result. The only (minor) benefit that I can think of is the bannies walk in straight lines over the draggable bridges, whereas on the modular parts they walk in a zig zag pattern. It's a very minor difference.

Discrepancy

Quote from: adelegarland on February 18, 2018, 03:03:20 PM
Hello all,
I have a question...   Has anyone any screenshots of the Left and Right Bridge pieces built in the game?  I am confused as to how they work and what parts to use with them.   I LOVE this bridge set, been building bridges all over the place, but these pieces are baffling me!  :P
Quote from: elemental on February 18, 2018, 03:28:31 PM
I don't have pics but I have used it. It is a draggable bridge, just like all the other normal bridges. It looks like the modular stone bridges but it doesn't have wooden railings. It is designed to be 2 squares wide so you need to use the left and right pieces side by side. Left goes on the western side for north-south bridges and on the northern side for east-west bridges (north being the top of the mini map). If that doesn't make sense then save your game before you build, just in case.  :)

You don't really need these draggable bridges because the modular set can give you the same result. The only (minor) benefit that I can think of is the bannies walk in straight lines over the draggable bridges, whereas on the modular parts they walk in a zig zag pattern. It's a very minor difference.

@elemental is correct. They work like normal bridges.

I suggest using with a flatten terrain tool to make an even embankment on both sides of river/lake. only build 1 bridge at a time to ensure they match up and you build the correct side, you will need to use the Ramps/Stairs at the ends after construction.