Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kid - Wind Sawmill V1.01

Started by kid1293, January 03, 2018, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

Kid - Wind Sawmill V1.01

https://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=390

A small addition for those who want to make lumber.
It can also be used as a wood chopper to get firewood.
It costs only wood to build it!
If I had used lumber I would have to make a separate lumber hewer.

V 1.02 - Changed values for firewood and lumber to be consistent with values
suggested by RedKetchup.

Disclaimer! I did not get any feedback on new production values. I am reluctant
to release something unproven. I rolled back to Version 1.01

:)

RedKetchup

one of the most beautiful buildings i ve seen so far !
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Thanks!

Coming from you it means a lot! :)

Discrepancy

I agree :) what a lovely looking building.

taniu

@kid1293 :)Thank you. Beautiful building - accurate with the original. You are wonderful

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Tom Sawyer

I made a test with the new sawmill and it looks really great in game. The only issue is that the girl at the simple block easily wins the chopping competition. That's not good and probably the same with most or even all other wood cutters. Vice versa it would be a better balance. We can slow down the ax using cutters and make the mill faster. At least I will do something like this. Otherwise it would be useless for firewood and I would like to feature this mill somehow in the North.

kid1293

You are welcome @Tom Sawyer !
You know where to find the code.

I am sure people accept and like to have it balanced with your numbers.
I just ran the vanilla chopper numbers and problem is where to place
produced firewood. With the sawmill it is inevitable to have them walk more.
That takes time. I can put the 'create-points' inside the building and it would
speed up the production. But... I like to have them visible on the outside. :)

Nilla

I would like this mill to be used for firewood, too. A "crazy" inventor likes to make his job easy.

I read a bit about it, actually it once stood on a place not all too far away from where I live and in that area, I know of no stream, so wind is the power. (I don't think Göta Kanal could be used for mills of any kind). It wasn't really used for firewood, it has a saw block but could also be used for these wooden shavings, used for roofs. But in theory; also for firewood. I would like to use it, unless it was much less efficient, than a small chopper (and maybe even then, because it looks soo cool). I wouldn't mind if the small chopper would be less productive.

If you want to give it a more realistic use in the North without introducing lumber as necessary building material in all/many buildings, it could be possible to make lumber to a trading product. I'm sure it once was. This was a mill that belonged to a farm stead. I guess, it was used "off season" mainly in the winter. Most of its products were sold. I've also read about similar mills, that also had millstones for flour.

kid1293

There is not much to change. I can only decrease time for each batch of firewood.
It is now = 4 (same as vanilla) . I have to do some tests.

edit - -
Some quick years later :)
With my Tiny WoodChopper set at workTime = 5 and Wind Sawmill workTime = 3
they are very much the same. Almost triple output when you have 3 workers in mill.
(workRequired commented out to stop tools from wearing out) They wear out anyway  :(

I have also tested with vanilla wood cutter (workTime=4) and sawmill (workTime=3) and the mill
is slightly better.

So to keep a balance those numbers work well. If you want to reflect the efficiency of the mill
you should maybe have wood chopper = 6. Then it will be a little slower than vanilla and
absolutely (reasonable) slower than sawmill.

kid1293

I think I better follow my own advice :)

I have uploaded a V 1.01 with a slightly faster production.
Now it is equal to the vanilla woodchopper (a little bit better).

Enjoy!

Tom Sawyer

My chopping block has work time 5 as well and was almost 2 times faster in my test. Now your mill should be competitive to every or most cutter objects and probably way faster in lumber making. ;D

kid1293

Yes lumber making is a blast!
They hurl them out through the door  :D

kid1293

V1.02

I have updated with new values for firewood and lumber.
Production should be consistent with values suggested by @RedKetchup and I hope
other modders will adapt these values too.

Goblin Girl

Quote from: kid1293 on June 13, 2018, 05:14:53 AM
V1.02

I have updated with new values for firewood and lumber.
Production should be consistent with values suggested by @RedKetchup and I hope
other modders will adapt these values too.
I remember seeing this conversation, but I can't find it now.  Can you remind us what the new numbers are?