News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Automatic structure upgrade possible to code in a MOD ?

Started by Browser_ice, January 06, 2018, 05:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Browser_ice

Is it possible to create an automatic structure upgrade through MOD coding ?

If so, where is the infos on how to do it ?
Computer Specs:
I5-2500 CPU 3.30Mhz,
16GB memory,
GTX 960, DirextX-11
Windows 7 Family Premium

RedKetchup

Quote from: Browser_ice on January 06, 2018, 05:32:13 PM
Is it possible to create an automatic structure upgrade through MOD coding ?

If so, where is the infos on how to do it ?

what you mean by "automatic structure upgrade" ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Browser_ice

This is related to my other threads asking about how to upgrade a house to a different/bigger/higher model.

Can it be MODed to give each houses a list of all possible upgrades and give it specific conditions to meet to then have it done automatically when the conditions are met.
Computer Specs:
I5-2500 CPU 3.30Mhz,
16GB memory,
GTX 960, DirextX-11
Windows 7 Family Premium

RedKetchup

Quote from: Browser_ice on January 07, 2018, 10:14:59 AM
This is related to my other threads asking about how to upgrade a house to a different/bigger/higher model.

Can it be MODed to give each houses a list of all possible upgrades and give it specific conditions to meet to then have it done automatically when the conditions are met.

give a list ? no, not possible. you need to setup an upgrade icon for each of the upgrade available. the building cannot upgrade itself, the player needs to trigger it by clicking the button of his choice *if there are more than one button.

by different or higher model: bah the difference is from the mesh you did draw; draw the model different with result in a different looking model upgrade.
take care about "bigger" if your bigger is like 6x6 and the non-upgrade is 4x4, it will still be built but you will possibly bug and crash your game because there can be overlap of tiles being used by 2 or more building in same time.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .