News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES: OSSER #7

Started by brads3, January 11, 2018, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 20

just before spring,a student from the thatch meadow comes down with dysentery.he is sent away from the school to visit the healing sauna.the herbalist stops and goes to work as a doctor.the teacher sending him away quickly and the isolation area worked to stop the disease from spreading.he was able to return to school in the spring.

POPULATION 62 in 19 houses.several single females.education level holds at 64%.we have a functioning thatch and fodder meadow and a forest started.a trading post working,though we have seen no merchants yet.that is a concern with the dock bridge.our food graph shows a drop but 2000 is held in the trading post.Doshiko's refusal to move affected that as more houses were stocked.our leather is low and our thatch.the thatch does get used in construction by the FO. mod.with more barley,health continues to improve.

as soon as it warmed up and the farmers were back to their fields,the laborers head out to collect thatch from the north.they bring news back that a merchant is rowing downstream.he carries mud bricks and roof tiles.he will send word to other merchants.the dock bridge is high enough for his boat.
     the laborers cut trees and brush along the west shore of the river and collect firewood that has drifted down with the spring rains.
       the pine market vendor works to keep over 25% stocked.he travles out to bring goods back from the laborers now and then.once the town market is at 30%,he is sent to stock the south market.the vendor comes down with cholera in the fall while working near the forest.once again the doctor is called upon.since it was the vendor the disease quickly spread.
before it was cleared up,we lost a small child.as 1 recovered another came down with it. the doc was busy with 4-6 patients for many months.finally the doc had it cleared up by mid-winter.
        the growing population will need more fruit.aforager is set up in the forest to pick apples and blueberries.a shed is built for storage as well.there is over 400 water being gathered from the river and the stable is producing 200 fertilizer.soon,we can expand our greenhouse operations.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory,note how cleared up the thatch meadow is.
pic 4: food graph, 2000 of the drop is in the TP,some was caused by stocking houses.
pic 5: merchant boat passes under the dock bridge,
pic 6: maple forest gatherer

brads3

YEAR 21

last winter wasn't as cold so the bannies haven't used as much firewood or thatch.spring is a good time to check inventory and the housing.no news to report.everyone stayed to themselves after they recovered from the illness.the pine tailor is switched from pelt coats to furs.the laborers go to clear some rocks and trees near the south meadow.in fall they will clear along the river bank near the trading post.
    during the winter,Doshiko's younger brother moved in with Maudette.they have a baby boy.at 20,Doshiko lives with her parents and 1 yr old sister.

pic 1:zoomed in on the greenhouses.hopefully you can see this.i want to point out a neat trick that works with ghosted decorations.note the scrawney barley in the top right corner.it is single placed.the strawberries in the other greenhouse are single also.the other barley plants are double placed. i place 1,turn it and place the next 1 over top of it on the same space.this trick makes the decorations look fuller.it actually works well with several modded decorations.KIDs roses and bushes, the CC birch trees,etc. you do have to make sure you have the right "f" variant or the right colors.

pic 2:Doshiko's brother and Maudettes new baby

Nilla

Quotepic 4: food graph, 2000 of the drop is in the TP,some was caused by stocking houses.

Not only. Your Banns produced less food than they ate, so take action in time, this time. A production of 5800 food isn't enough for 62 inhabitants. You have some safety; food in store and in the TP, so no crises.

brads3

the maple forager can handle the 400 shortage. there is more planned too.i let the fodder run several years to clear the trees and stone. then the stable runs a couple to get ahead on fertilizer.it takes a while before you get a greenhouse but then it runs smoothly with consistant outputs.this way too you can start the fodder with less workers.

we did have a bottlneck of laborers in the village.all these single females are slowing some progress.oh and the only food we could have traded for has been chili oil.he stopped twice over the years.

brads3

YEAR 22-23

the single females do hold up some progress.i try to expand to new areas and set up work places with new houses.this way the bannies aren't living a long ways from their work.i also like to have 1 or 2 laborers living in each of the outer areas.they help move goods and keep the outer regions stocked for the main workers.clothing,tools,and food will be scattered around the barns.here it hasn't worked that way.we have 1 or 2 workers living in town walking to work at the forest and meadow.
    though a trapper would be more helpful,a drying shed for the venison will use a laborer that lives in the village.this takes us down to 4 laborers and a builder.1 vendor keeps the village and south markets stocked.otherwise it is a peaceful year.the routine keeps everyone busy but also well-stocked.
     a building supply merchant stopped by late in the winter.he didn't have much left to trade. we did exchange some iron ore for lumber.it won't take up much space and might be handy later.a forestry town to the north had kept him busy all summer.he was running way behind and quite wet and cold.we lit a fire and listened to his stories after a good nights sleep he was back to his journey home.

in spring,the teachers convince us to use some of the boards to build a bigger school.our population has almost outgrown the 2 smaller schools.being enclosed,it will kepp the students warmer and be easier for 1 teacher to handle more students.when it is completed,the original teacher decides to take up trout fishing.the river is much quieter than all the students talking at once.
     the laborers cleared thatch from the fodder meadow. they had hopes of trading some.they weren't using as much with the firewood count raised.
    nobody could call Doshiko a nun no longer.she had a baby but nobody would owe up to being with her.ever since she refused to move out she had been shunned.even the younger boys had called her a nun cause she wasn't goina get any.her mom was just glad her daughter was finally growing up.
    these mountain bannies are very friendly and consider everyone in the village to be family.let me explain.the young bannie from the far north cabin did't like the walk to school in the cold. so  Ayann swapped her baby and sister with the older student.she also traded her father to the nomads for a husband.it is odd that the bannies accept strangers so easily.if you get confused by the odd moves,just ask a neighbor. they will quickly send you back to work without a word for an answere.

the bannies had a hard winter. the snow came early costing half a potato field.the cold pushed the deer deeper into the forests. our pine hunter reports spotting less deer.the snow also covered the apples before they were gathered.

pic 1: NMT meat dryer and storage
pic 2: large school handles lots more students
pic 3: Doshiko's daughter
pic 4: Ayann swapped family members

brads3

YEAR 24

5 nomads stumble into the village in late a widow with 2 children and 2 young brothers.they had been 2 families traveling together.working along a river, they ran into a snkae pit.1 was bitten and the horses got spooked.the other wagon crashed into the river killing the other parents.
      while they rested from their travels,we decided to start a house near the south meadow.the older male moved in with 1 of the single females.though we hoped the younger male would do the same,he moved in with the widow and her 2 children.1 would help with the fodder.and a greenhouse will be built.finally Ferny's corn can be planted.a potao field is cleared in the village.
     we have several graduates.most are 14.hopefully they will decide to move out toward the forest soon.we find salt and begin digging a mine in the east hillside. a sap boiler is constructed on the edge of the village.we do put the extra hands to work.finally during the cold winter our single females have all paired up.a trapper can be added to the forest.

pic 1: corn greenhouse and new housing
pic 2 salt mine and sap boiler.
pic 3: 2nd pine trapper

brads3

YEAR 25

i check on the housing after all the moves during the winter.there are 2 15yr old females toward the thatch meadow.there is more male than female students.with all the new couples,the population will definetly grow.even the widow had a new baby.no wonder the younger brother stayed with her.

the laborers spend half the year clearing more brush and trees for the fodder.there are still lots of rocks.with all their efforts and the 2nd worker,the fodder will yield more.

a merchant stops by to trade steel tools for our ore.we also take some firebundles.now that the sap boiler is using firewood,the bundles will help with the long winters.he will stop from time to time and take more ore and alcohol.

during the summer i spoke with the older female of the thatch meadow. we built her a teepee and started work on a strawberry greenhouse near the school.we will need more fruit for all the new children.

after the students moved out,Ayann became pregnant.sadly she died during childbirth.it upset Doshiko the most, as Ayann was her only friend.she quietly moved out of her parents and took her place.while she mourned the loss of her good friend,her daughter stayed with her parents.

overall we had a good year.we produced an extra 2000 food.with the new trapper,we have more textiles.even our leather has improved.i can up the limits of tools and clothing.

pic 1:tool and firebundle trade
pic 2:new strawberry greenhouse and teepee.
pic 3:Ayann child birth death

Nilla

brads3

YEAR 26

the workers decide to flatten a hill so the fodder can grow better.it is a small area and doesn't take long.then they clear trees along the river.if they get time they can move rocks and pull thatch from the forest. the thatch meadow is already cleared.simple housekeeping duties but they will pay off in time.the bannies use extra time wisely.they rotate to different areas each year.this allows food,herbs,thatch,and more trees to grow back.
    the fodder produces almost 300. the forest trapper doestwice as much as the thatch trapper.the thatch gatherer collects about 900 foods.the forest gatherer is 700 and hoping for more apple treees to be planted.each set works together.
      the graduate paired up with the greenhouse girl.Doshiko had a son and so did her parents.we continue to grow and will need to build more next year.
     with a early spring and late frost,we had a real good year. most fields were at 700.combined our trappers,hunters,and gatherers had 1500+  for each set.the greenhouses are well over 500 each with the corn bringing in 1000 by itself.our reserve is over 12,000 + 2000 in the trading post.

Pic 1:workers sent to flatten a hill for the fodder
pic 2:now fodder can be planted and will grow there.
pic 3: outputs for the thatch and forest workers.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

hmmm,RED are you saying you want more output numbers like that?? i did try to give you the toolbar icons a while back.there is more of them too.what do you want to see,sir?
  that pic is good to show how the different workplaces work together. combined each produces logs or thatch to burn,food,and textiles. it also shows how some cross-over and collect other materials.like the foresters will check traps.hopefully it gives you a better idea of how NECORA's system works.even the laborers can clear traps or bird nests when clearing land to build on.at the moment,i know you have been changing it,the fodder meadow doesn't work well with trappers or gatherers. your hunting towers do keep animals away from there though.to me it is how people would have worked together back in history.

Nilla

I think he speaks more about the flowers on the other pictures. I like them too. It reminds me on that game I combined NatDiv and Garden Wall utilities; flowers everywhere. That was my most beautiful game ever. :)

brads3

ohhh,i missed the "s" on last"s".thank you ,NILLA.

brads3

YEAR 27-28

since we have a 17yr old female and everyone is paired up,we will add another teepee and a 2nd fur hut.this will give us a tailor for leather,pelts,and furs.by making pelt and fur coats at the same time,we should conserve more leather.
we can start to send excess pelt coats to the trading post.
     we build a small windmill to make flour.it will not use the barley but can make cornflour.we must be careful what bakery to build later.
     we decide to hold off building housing for at least 2 years.the bannies would rather move out of town in larger groups of 4 or more.then we can add another forester or meadow.there is extra workers still in town.a bakery to use the cornflour and a place to salt fish will be constructed in the meantime.

after the late snowstorm,a merchant stops.he does have a mystery item.he says it is edible so we take a chance and trade for 600 of it.our food reserves are in good shape.just hope it doesn't make us sick.we also trade for some lemons.

a pine market is added west of the river.it will store materials as the laborers begin to clear land for future buildings.it can also be stocked ahead of moves.
     the builder is approched by several strangers while he was working on the new market.he sends word that there 3 couples and 3 stragglers waundered up to him.they must have heard him hammering away.when they get to the townhall they report hey are 10.must be the baby was asleep and tucked away.they are hungry and tired.they had some disagreements with the town they were living at so they headed out on their own.since they had left hastily in the middle of the night,no one had any seeds.possums had attacked their chickens.they did have a dog but he had ran into a porcupine.it sounded as though they had nothing but bad luck.
    all they wanted was a quiet place where they could be by themself and live as they wanted without fighting people or wolves or bears.as much as we were concerned with their bad luck we did feel sorry for them.
we told them as long as they worked hard to help themselves,they could have the land to the west. we would help with construction and our school had space to teach their children.our trappers showed them how to make traps. they asked about our plans with the land.we explained that we wanted to clear it and let the thatch,roots,and blueberries grow.they hoped our ideas would work to keep the bears farher away from them.

2 would work with our builder and the others would carry materials.3 cabins were started.a thatch hut and lookout tower are planned after.our vendor helps stock them some food and tools.by fall a trapper hut and gatherer station are started.the workers worked through the winter to help clear some trees and move a dirt bank behind the thatcher hut.

a small child came down with the flu in the fall.our herbalist-doctor took care of her and mixed up some herb tea before it spread to anyone else.she was back playing with the other kids in a few days.

pic 1:2nd fur tailor and teepee.
pic 2: windmill processes wheat flour or cornflour.have to be careful what bakery i add later.
pic 3:mystery item from the merchant.alphabetically it is before apples and is food.
pic 4:newcomer's cabins and storage
pic 5:thatch hut and lookout hunter.more being built and cleared.
pic 6:vanilla gatherer needed thatch to build.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on January 30, 2018, 10:51:32 AM
hmmm,RED are you saying you want more output numbers like that?? i did try to give you the toolbar icons a while back.there is more of them too.what do you want to see,sir?

i meant 2 of the 3 last screenshots, sorry ^^ the ones with perfect graphically setup and beautiful visual scenes. it is very different of the ugly full lake that has been flatten :)
these ones can be magnificient postcards :)

i like to see scenes and the master on that skill was Paeng, and we dont see Paeng anymore :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .