News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i agree with KIDD and RED. for what the mod does the size is quite small. it is 1/3rd the size of the CC journey.so that leaves lots of room for other mods and decorations.even with the NMT combined it is less than half the CCJ. placing the RK under another main mod changes the start but still gives you the building options.

to GRANNY's point about overriding the original start buildings,i wonder if a patch could be made to do that.if it could be a simple mod that might be athe way to go.i am unsure why it takes 20mins to load. that makes me think it is something computer related.i have  6 gigs of ram and over 135 mods yet load time is only a few minutes.i do play at 10x speed but the game does play slower.no where near as fast as videos i have seen.
      i wonder if a defrag or weeding other programs would help. have you tried changing from full screen to window mode? without mods how long did it take to load are you running it under steam? if so you could try changing the options on steam updates or turn off the Vsync,etc. that load time would concern me.

galensgranny

@brads3  I don't only have RK EC, but also CC The Forge, and dozens of other mods, such as just about all of Kid's, Embx's, and Discrepancy's,  plus other small mods (no smoke, houses from people who made just a few houses, quieter livestock, and the like). 

My computer has 4 GB of ram (that was seemingly more than I would ever need when I first got the computer!  ;D )  It is Windows 7.  Intel Core.

What does Vsync do?  I have it checked in the Banished options.  If you think it will help my game loading time, I'll turn it off.  What are the "etc." you think could help. 

Yes, I am running the game under Steam.  I did learn to run it in "offline mode".

I do clear my cache and temp files often using CC Cleaner.  I haven't defragged in a while.  I have turned off programs in the Task Manager, such automatic update programs.
I agree that for what the mod does, it is a lot smaller than the most recent CC Journey, but I can't use CC Journey as then my load time is a lot longer than 20 mins. 

It would be good if there was a patch to allow the vanilla buildings.

galensgranny

To add to my post, without any mods, it loads in under 5 minutes.  I have it in windowed mode.

brads3

wow,sounds like you have tried about everything then. surprised 2 GB makes that much difference.surprised too that a few mods would cost another 15 mins to the load.

Voeille

It's indeed surprising that even a modless game needs a few minutes to load for you. Without mods it loaded pretty fast for me, I even tended to fully exit when I was going to be away for not a long time. Now I just leave it on. I haven't measured it, but I think with 80-100 mods it loads 3-5 min, however it can be longer than I feel, because I just minimise and do something else in the meantime. I don't have SSD or anything other fancy, but I do have 16 GB RAM. I started with 8 and kept increasing it because it just never was enough ;)

@RedKetchup
I can understand that your goal was immersion (and yes it is immersion if you want the noun, immersive is an adjective), and it's not unlikely I'll try the whole mod at some point just to see how it feels to play with it, but you included plenty of great things that are very versatile and would work well in various mod combinations, such as the taverns or gemcutter :) I hear people mentioning new multistory houses? I'd love them too, the colourful little houses and those from NMT 2.0 are ones of the most used by me, so it'd be great to have even more of those. But again, no pressure, do it if you want and don't if you don't :)

rkelly17

Quote from: galensgranny on June 03, 2018, 12:13:29 PM
My computer has 4 GB of ram (that was seemingly more than I would ever need when I first got the computer!  ;D )  It is Windows 7.  Intel Core.

What does Vsync do?  I have it checked in the Banished options.  If you think it will help my game loading time, I'll turn it off.  What are the "etc." you think could help. 

I remember when I broke the bank and bought a computer with 1 Mg of Ram and a 40 Mg HDD. I thought I had died and gone to heaven and would never need anything more. Vsynch isn't about loading time. What Vsynch does is limit your graphics card to the same FPS as your monitor. Not much point having your graphics card ripping off 200 FPS if your monitor can't display more than 60 FPS. So, turning Vsynch off won't help. In fact, it may hurt. I'm not sure about Banished, but in some games the graphics card is going bonkers using resources to display FPS that your monitor can't deal with. Turning Vsynch on tells everyone to take it easy and your computer then can use its resources for other things.

If you want to speed up loading time about the only thing that will help is a faster hard drive, since the game is loading from there. Solid State Drives (SSD) help greatly, but not all older computers are set up to handle them well. And, of course, the more you are loading, the slower it goes. Mods will always add to loading time since they have to be loaded into memory. The bigger the mod, the longer the time. Damn laws of physics.

RedKetchup

if i didnt said anything since a good dozen of posts... i am not totally sold yet... but i let you discuss. maybe you can convince me to do a thing or 2 :)

presently trying to learn to make animals so i can replace all my faked animals that are dressed as a deer ^^
not alot of progress though i can get it compile and launch game without crash. i have some ... minor MAJOR issues though ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Shadow demons? Nice.  :)

Now we know why they were banished.

embx61

I once bought an animated animal and I had the same issue as Red.

I could not scale it in Max because of the bones what does not scale with the mesh.
Luckily the mesh was cheap.

I wish Luke did a write up on his site how to do a proper animation the way he does it.
Only one I know who did some animated animals was Shock I believe but sadly no tutorial.

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

if there is a way RED, that would be awesome.i keep hoping a new modder will find a secret too the animals. any word from SHOCK PUPPET? CC at least has bison and horses.

RedKetchup

Voeille

Nice alien monsters you have there ;) But yes, I'd appreciate new animals animated as well as the vanilla ones, that would be interesting.

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 03, 2018, 05:23:44 PM
didnt said

You want to use didn't say, i.e. the past tense is applied only once. If you use I said, you apply it to say, because that's the only verb here. But if you use didn't, it already has the past tense included, so you don't need to apply it to to say, hence you get didn't say. I hope you don't mind the correction, I just wanted to help because I know from my own experience how helpful corrections can be :) They significantly increased my command of the language, especially if they come with an explanation. I'm not perfect of course and I still make mistakes, but 5 years ago I could barely communicate (I hated English at school so I never learnt a lot during those times), now it's much better and I'm able to express almost everything I want and this year I started reading books in English. I'm terrible at understanding what I hear and I'm not good at pronunciation, but hopefully it'll improve when I'm forced to use English all the time.

galensgranny

I made some changes with Steam settings,  that I had not previously known about, and now the game loads in only 10 minutes with all the mods I have!  :D   I think that is as good as I will be able to get it with my computer.  What I changed in Steam was under Steam>Settings>In-game, and unchecked "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game".  Also, I read to go into the computer's control panel > internet options> connections > LAN settings and uncheck "Automatically detect settings".
I am not sure if both actions made the difference or just one of them. 

I still vote for a RK Editor Choice Light version someday, and for the stone houses to be set free separately sooner than later.  I really would like to have the option of not being "fully immersed" and so I can sometimes have the vanilla houses and other buildings too, along with Red's new stone houses. 

Quote from: Voeille on June 03, 2018, 02:53:25 PM
I hear people mentioning new multistory houses? I'd love them too, the colourful little houses and those from NMT 2.0 are ones of the most used by me, so it'd be great to have even more of those.
When I was talking about the new multistory houses, they are not new as in right now new, but rather the NMT Multi-Floors Housing from August 2017,  http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=348 .  These are included in RK Editor Choice, so if one already had them from before, disable the solo version.

That is in comparison to the previous multistory houses from Medieval Town 2.04 http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=176, which in Red's list in the first post and common usage on this forum people call NMT 2.04- the "old" multistory houses, not to be confused with the two-story Colorful Little Houses.

RedKetchup

both multi story are different because i had to redo them to apply the 8 color variants with the new textures. i couldnt applied those perfectly if i didnt redone those. and i took the occasion to make them a bit smaller and less high

huyle

i have an 8 cores cpu, but banish only use 2-3 cores/3gb ram to load the game (my banish folder is only 4gb), i think the game engine is not ready for too many mods, i hope the game devs can improve the game engine