News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RKEditorChoice BETA13 open

Started by RedKetchup, February 03, 2018, 11:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

i still dont know which rooooof you are talking ^^ this one ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: Goblin Girl on June 05, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
Quote from: rkelly17 on June 05, 2018, 09:41:24 AM

By the way, for the linguists out there, ever since I moved to Canada 33 years ago, people born here can always detect my American origins by the way I say "roof." Even my Grandkids. That was one I never anticipated and when I want to "pass" I avoid talking about the tops of buildings.
Wait, what?  I know of two pronunciations: roof with the same vowel sound as what an owl says: "hoo".  And a shorter vowel that rhymes with hoof.  I haven't heard anyone use the second one for decades.  It was all people in my parent's generation.  How do you say it?  How do Canadians say it?  I guess I have never had a conversation about the tops of buildings with any of my Canadian friends.

Yes, those are the two pronunciations. My problem is that over the years I've become hopelessly confused, so I can't tell you which is which anymore.  :-[

As always, @RedKetchup has identified the precise area of dispute. He is also much too polite to point out that I am even more hopeless in one of Canada's two official languages.

LadyMarmalade

I apologise for butting into your conversation uninvited but I just have a 'thing' about accents and dialects and stuff. I was really surprised to see GoblinGirl say she had heard of 'roof' pronounced with the short vowel sound. I was born and bred in the county of Suffolk, south east UK and that short vowel sound is very much part of the local dialect so it's pretty commonplace. 
I  have no idea where any of the people here are based but didn't think there were many/any brits.
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

galensgranny

@LadyMarmalade , in some areas of the US people say "roof" with the short sound as is "ruff".  May those areas had many settlers from your part of England and that pronunciation stuck for those areas.

huyle

@RedKetchup hello RK, can you explain me about the effect of the luxury items (ale, beer, wine,... and also stuff from CC)? they have various types and value. do the higher value make more effect than the lower?? or they just the same and only different when use for trading?

And the food number on the "town statistic" represent for weight, quantity or value of food? if i have 100 venision, which cost 3, so the food number is 100 or 300?

RedKetchup

Quote from: huyle on June 06, 2018, 06:27:19 PM
@RedKetchup hello RK, can you explain me about the effect of the luxury items (ale, beer, wine,... and also stuff from CC)? they have various types and value. do the higher value make more effect than the lower?? or they just the same and only different when use for trading?

And the food number on the "town statistic" represent for weight, quantity or value of food? if i have 100 venision, which cost 3, so the food number is 100 or 300?

The luxury items (ale beer wine...) are used to be drink by citizens but we arent sure it has a real effect on their happiness. The various types are mainly various names because people ask for these "names" of items. The different names allow us to put different value on each. The value are mainly dedicated by the cost of the materials needed to craft the items. So for the bannies, they are the same and they are only different for trading.

The town statistics for food in the town hall represent the number of items you have, their value are not calculated.

RedKetchup

so ? i didnt even got a comment about the new tavern chain  :-X

kid1293

People got heat-stroke. They didn't even make it to the tavern.

I always wanted hops. That is the most important news you gave us.

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 07, 2018, 09:26:51 AM
so ? i didnt even got a comment about the new tavern chain  :-X

I thought I said something very positive, but if I forgot: I think the tavern chain is great. Beer is properly made from barley malt and hops, unless of course you are making wheat beer.

Which gets me thinking ( ::) ). A new structure: Malt House, which makes malt from barley or wheat. New profession: Malter (?), who makes malt from barley or wheat in a malt house. Then the brewer can make beer from the malt and hops. I have no idea whether this would actually work or not. Just my attempt to help modders not run out of things to do.  ;D

Were places where grain was malted called oasthouses or something like that? I once had all this brewing information at my fingertips, but it has been a long time since I did any brewing. Damned Type II.

RedKetchup

wait, did i forgot to take out the Ale(wheat) recipe ?

my malt house use brewer profession, should be :P ?
i try to not make too many new profession

.... i am confuse now :P malt house is already in game

huyle

@rkelly17 man, the malt house is already in the beta 13
i think a building called "restaurant" is great, it works like the bakery and the input is from butcher

rkelly17

Quote from: huyle on June 07, 2018, 11:30:17 AM
@rkelly17 man, the malt house is already in the beta 13
i think a building called "restaurant" is great, it works like the bakery and the input is from butcher

Silly me! My eyesight must be failing because I missed it. Sorry.

adelegarland

@RedKetchup  Maybe I'm blind, but where is the malt house, I can't seem to find it...   ???
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on June 08, 2018, 10:42:30 AM
@RedKetchup  Maybe I'm blind, but where is the malt house, I can't seem to find it...   ???

just side of the watermill

adelegarland

I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.