News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Natural Diversity

Started by liberty152, March 28, 2018, 01:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liberty152

Anyone get Natural Diversity to work? it just crashes my game. also do i need both versions?

Nilla

I have used both versions (not the at the same time) and never had a crash.

What other mods do you use?

Are you sure it's Nat Div? Not the "normal" "change mods bug" crash?

There are different tricks to avoid this crash. I make it this way when I change mods/mod order...

I set the mods in the order I want, start a game. Make a save. (even if I don't like that map) Leave Banished. Restart Banished. Now my mod order is the same as I left the game, I can chose a new map and there are no more crashes.

liberty152

I have so many mods. But nothing interferes sept CC

brads3

the new version works hard and slows computers down. the original nat div works fine. there is smaller"lite" file as well, but doesn't add as much. you only need 1 file. i use the nat div 1 placed below Necora's pine mod and they work fine together.

liberty152

No Matter what i do it crashes. Im starting to think its a junk Mod..

brads3

are you using the NAT DIV 1 and have it near the top of the mod order above CC? did you remember to enable the mod and COMPLETELY EXIT and reload the game?do you have enough RAM to run it?

liberty152

I have it at the top. I have a really fast computer. I have Nat Div2

brads3

that explains it.nat div 2 does slow computers down.very frew could run it without major drag time.i take it you are updated to 1.07? i would load the original version. are there any other mods that affect the starting conditions other than CC and ND?

liberty152

I am using 1.07. I cant find natdiv1 It is for CC i don't have ND. I also cant get the north to work.

liberty152

Quote from: liberty152 on March 28, 2018, 03:18:27 PM
I am using 1.07. I cant find natdiv1 It is for CC i don't have ND. I also cant get the north to work.
I meant to say yes to ND

liberty152

Would mega mod interfere?

TheOtherMicheal

NatDiv is workable, I've had both versions work with multiple mods and now I have NatDiv2 working with MegaMod RC2.
You do not need both versions, just use one or the other.
Can you give some more detail on the crash such as, does the crash happen when you try to run Banished or only when you try to start a new game (or load a saved game)?

It would also be helpful to know if you use any of Discrepancy's mods, Necora's mods and/or tanypredator's New Flora mod that introduces wild flax.
Discrepancy and Necora both made a patches for using NatDiv with their respective mods and NatDiv2 has compatibility with tany's New Flora mod.

It's very interesting that you can't get The North to work. At a guess, that hints that there is something more happening rather than a problem with the mods themselves. Both NatDiv and The North are bigger mods so they'll need more RAM to load than most other mods.
However, a particularly important question is, did you try to get The North running with CC at the same time? The North is not designed to work with CC so if you answered yes then that is the most common cause of problems. That doesn't help us with the problem for NatDiv though :(

You mentioned that you have a fast computer but what about the graphics card? How old is it? Banished really sucks up all the resources it can because it apparently loads up all the assets at the start of the game and it relies heavily on the RAM on the graphics card, let alone the RAM for the computer itself.

NatDiv does work, I have a Banished game going at the moment that uses it and I tend to cram a lot of mods into my game (because I am greedy for all the great things the modders have added!)

For general interest, here's a list of mods I am running at the moment, (it's also in the load order I have them). I've marked in red the ones that most interest us here for your particular problem: -
-------------------
GreedyMerchants
LaborWindow
RidiculousStorage
citmod
supermarketlite
KidVegetableGardenStart
ReindeerHides
FlaxPatch
NewPineFlora
NewFloraGatherer

MaritimesPineSet
NatDiv2
DSmodsNatDivThatchPatch

NordicHouse
SmallTipi
HorseWagen
DecorativeItems
RKstockpiles
NordicHuntingCabin
MaritimesPEIShore
WasabiRename
MaritimesCrystalCliffs
MaritimesSherbrooke
MaritimesPortRoyal
MaritimesStorage
MaritimesDockSet
MaritimesNSInshore
MaritimesDecorations
NordicHerbalist
EBVillage
EBIrrigationDecoAddon
EBIrrigationGround
EBIrrigation
EBTombStoneOverride
Campfire
EBDecoFences
EBDecoration
ForestCombo
EBSVHousing3x4
MaritimesCoverings
MaritimesHumbleConstruction
MaritimesLogCabins
NordicLogCabin
EBHostel
EBMaterialsStore
DecoSunflower
NECEmptySquare
NMT30DecoCrop
ChickenCoop
CCOrchardForesters
Izba
FlyFishing
NewTrees
TomteVerkstad
elfFarmStand2v104b
PlymouthHouse
SpecializedStorage
CountryLittleHouse
NordicWarehouse
betterFields
OneStopAllMining
SmallTownHome
MWPlants
ChickenPlus
FCastle
potatoale
Radius
ChristmasMod
Soybeans
MegaMod1
MegaMod2
MegaMod3

zMash
KidForestOutpostNatDiv
KidMarketPuzzle
SeedDiversity
zSoapiary
BradsSmokingShed
ToolShed
DSChapelofErnest
KidFishFarm
NanashiXiMoai
KidForestPonds
KidGardenshedII
CompatibleBuildings
XP-Schools
Canal
chapelimp
FishFarm
FishingDockBuff
zWasabi
JapaneseHouses
JapaneseFacilities
SJGL_Brewery
SJGL_Snug_House
NeckcenMarkart2
SJGL_Small_Markets
SJGL_Rough_Lawn
SpecializedTradingPorts
StorageShed
SJGL_Stacked_Houses
PirateCove
TjurkoMill
RedCottage
NordicSchool
KidNewWell
tombstone
Mathieuso_Sugar
Hunting
fountain

liberty152

I can only get NatDiv 1 to work.. Natdiv 2 crashes.

TheOtherMicheal

Something else to check for, see if the copy you downloaded actually matches the size of the download. For example, if the download says the mod should be 4.8Mb, check the copy and see that it is actually 4.8Mb. Some of us have had problems where the download was like 4.7Mb instead of 4.8 but the webpage said the download was complete.
If you try to run Banished with any faulty mods it will crash to desktop every time.