News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

LOL. did you hit your head or go diving and come up for air too fast? did you see how many miners,foresters,and laborers i have?production is way low without education.i think the dense forest mod is affecting some trees as well.we are short logs per tree and firewood per log.it compunds the issue.reed bundle shops function at about 50%. i aso think we are using more firewood due to the climate.

there are several markets to move firewood for the houses.the firewood cutters are scattered to help as well.the sawmills have 3 workers.most forests have 2,so do the meadows.we are 50yrs of trying to get firewood over 200 even.stone is up,iron is holding,food has been up.the log limit i just increased.there is a vendor moving logs for a sawmill also.

a big part of the workforce is under 15yrs old.there are about 5 educated workers left.the ony thing i haven't done is order firewood specifically. we do take thatch,firewood , and bundles each time they offer.about  once a year.we have added logs until recently. oh, the mod setup means no firewood anywhere on the map to be gathered. we can't burn twigs at all. wasn't on purpose but is that way.

Gatherer

Ah...but you see....you were looking for it in all of your towns so far and now it has finally come. The big Monster of Mishmash is kicking you in the teeth. ;D
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

nah,it isn't much to do with mod order. i did add the dense forest mod and that i believe is blocking the firewood from "dropping" on the ground. most issues is the push to 0% education. the climate change did make it worse.we ain't dead yet though.

Nilla

I like that this town still lives, would be a pity if it "gets down" because of too little firewood.

Which sawmills do you use? Have you checked the production? Some of them produce less than the same number of small chopper. I usually find it better to place small chopper where the logs are stored, than the other way around. To order a lot of logs and place sawmills with several choppers close to special ports for materials might however be a good idea.

Don't you play an older version of CC? What is with charcoal? In the earliest version it was fuel and the production so high, that I found it "cheaty" and didn't really use it. The ridiculously high production has been changed in later versions and maybe also the "flag" but if your version comes from before these changes; charcoal could save you.

brads3

i think the no coal mod is stopping them from using charcoal.i did get some from a merchant ,i will check.didn't want to use the reeds,since some think of it as a cheat.the education is down so low, they aren't helping much. there is a CC waterwheel sawmill and i jjust fired up a KIDD's sawmill.there are at least6 4 different woodcutters.

i did try about everything to get it up.went looking for issues a few times.did find that there is no firewood on the ground.there is a vendor on that old SLINK market pulling logs to an RK chopper. it has been a challenge to survive.there are so many miners and quarry workers that they have caused tool shortages.ony slight and we overcame them quicky.without steel tools, we burn through them fast.even with the multi mine and quarry, we are processing iron.

brads3

YEAR 50-52 education 1%

the laborers get sent to clear debris and regrowth from the village and farms.the stone quarry is dug deeper and several houses are added to the mine area.a tavern,office,and hospital are added to support the mine area.
        the forest vilage to the east has a log depot,RK sawmill for lumber and an KIDD sawmill for firewood,a fur tailor,and a small market.a butcher,inn,and more Ds hovels are under construction.
         while the builders are busy,the laborers clear more fieds and land for a pasture.a 20x30 for when we acquire bison.as the laborers get ahead of the builders,i double the builders to 20.with them working so far away,extra help shoould speed things up.

pic 1:plaza storage,note the precious minerals,bonemeal,and tobacco stores under textiles due to the mod order and 1.06 mods
pic 2: mine village now has a tavern,hospital,and  office
pic 3: start of a forest vilage
pic 4: forest village inn

brads3

YEAR 53-54  education holding 1%

since they fit,2 FO forests will work south of the forest village.an RK hunting cabin and pine vanilla gatherers will collect the food.with the RK cabin,3 itzbas will house the workers.the log limit had to be raised to 4000.
       we continue to add fields and orchards as well as storage and housing.we are up to 59 farms and 122 houses.

pic 1: doube FO forests south of the forest village
pic 2: yr 55 stats

brads3

YEAR 55-56

WE are starting to use clothing faster.the fur tailor is enabled and  we add 1 to process pelts to the orchard forest.a nordic house and woodcutter are added to the RK forest.2 more reed farms and a shop are built at the docks
        .i adjust the trading and will add a chartered company trader along the river. the charter company needs pfenning and pouches.a RH
general trading post will be built beside it.

there is enough logs to put the pine lumbercutter to work.the reindeer have filled their pasture and are producing deer hides.firewood should be at breakeven by now.hopefully,the thatch and fodder will start to stockpile.even though,i keep expanding farms while the town grows,food is being used more than produced.that has been the story throughout this map.catch up food then catch up supplies,stone then tools then logs and firewood.. back and forth.

the fields to the west are expanded south to the mountain.2 RK beekeepers will work to pollinate the flowers in the meadows.land along the main road to the forest village is being cleared.there wil be 67 fields and orchards next year.

firewood shows a +700 production more than used.there is less than 300 stored.

pic 1: dock expansion a 3rd shop and 2 more reed farms. a pelt taior was buit near the bridge
pic 2:charter company trader that requires pfenning and pouches
pic 3: rowhouse general trading post is small so won't help move the heavy coal
pic 4: southwest farms

brads3

YEAR 57-58   2 educated original bannies.

we continue adding 9x9 fields,barns,and houses along the road to the forest village.4 more can be planted.we also added more houses for the mine and quarry workers. the stone quarries have been used up and dug deeper.
      we send a crew to the west to build a pig butcher and EB farmstand.by now we have 75 fields and 141 houses.

pic 1: forest road farms
pic 2:deeper quarry being dug and more houses
pic 3: west farmstand
pic 4: pig butcher

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

not a real vanilla 1. there is KID's tiny and the wildwest mayor office.

RedKetchup

Quote from: brads3 on June 15, 2018, 06:33:55 AM
not a real vanilla 1. there is KID's tiny and the wildwest mayor office.

can you try to build one ? :D (save before^^)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yep, i hve used it when debug testing before i added the north.

brads3

ummm no i can not. as soon as i place and click on it crash.strange cause i did debug add it beofre in testing.