News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2: Arnetto

Started by brads3, May 18, 2018, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

In "real time ageing" it will take time no notice any increase in production. I assume, that you'll take no more nomads. So you can plan the housing of the educated worker as soon as they leave school. I would suggest; try to make them woodcutter (and blacksmiths and tailors or whatever you'll need where the uneducated make the most harm).

Gatherer

There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

brads3

LOL yeah,thank you.it took way longer than i expected.i figure it will take 10yrs plus to see any gains from the schools.

brads3

YEAR 69

now that the town has survived without any education,i will build schools. with each a house for the teacher will be added.we start with 5. 1 to the west,the forest village,the north forests,the miner area,and 1 near the town center.we have 20 students finally.
     with an early spring,our crops hit the food limit.it is raised to 100,000.firewood was over 1000 as winter started.

pic 1:west school
pic 2: n forest school
pic 3: village school
pic 4: mine school
pic 5: forest village school

rkelly17

So, @brads3, how would you characterize your experiment with no schools? I seem to remember that years ago we had a no schools challenge here and I got so frustrated I vowed never to go without schools ever again. Now I always over-build schools everywhere.

brads3

it was hard with this climate. lot of time spent scavenging for food and stone. then lots cutting logs.still going to be no education while the students go to school. i normally don't have much issues without education until ir gets below 30%. this map has been harder all the way through even with the start educated workers.the game has been very long.

TOM changed the requirements for the North. most workplaces then wouldn't require the education. that part of the North doesn't work with this mod order setup.

brads3

YEAR 70 REVIEW

finally, the town hit 0 education, and the new schools have started to teach .population 772 in 175 houses.trading has improved and brings in food,firewood,and tools.there are a couple parks and many trees,flowers,and bushes have been planted.

it will take many years to see the education improve the production. as it does,more food can be processed and the taverns can be opened.

pic 1: yr 70 stats
pic 2-3:production
pic 4-5: inventory
pic 6:populaion graph and limits
pic 7:food graph
pic 8:firewood graph

brads3

YEAR 70-71
           the bannies work to clear the regrowth and add some decorations. grass,plants,carts,crates,etc. i haven't used roads to make lawns around houses.those areas do give some thatch as well as more logs.we did add some workplace shops and a beekeeper.the bannies will brew some honey mead.
         next they will clean debris and regrowth near the mines.along the road to the forest village,will be a salt mie.an old salty will work to salt fish.wih salt they can cure leather.the tannery fails to store the new salt.

the wood cutters finally hit the firewood limit and it was doubled to 3000.

pic 1:mine cleanup
pic 2:more workshops including a brewery
pic 3:salt mine
pic 4: old salty and CC tannery

Nilla

Quote from: brads3 on June 24, 2018, 08:06:05 AM
      the wood cutters finally hit the firewood limit and it was doubled to 3000.

:D  ;D  8)

brads3

YEAR 72-73

with the mine and village school filling up ,a 6th school is built for the east farm children.with the school,a cemetary,hospital,and a provision store are built.
      i added EB's leatherworks to process the cured leather into saddles.it is conflicted from the nordic tannery or the North mod.i'll make a note to adjust those in the infamous mod order.

pic 1:east farm school
pic 2:EB leatherworks
pic 3: sputh village hospital and market

brads3

YEAR 74-75

we plant some dogwoods and lilacs for the cemetary.a place to sit for those visiting sick and a hedge to fence in the playground are built.
         a team is sent to the meadow,a school and a school and stables is started.other crews continue clearing land.another has started a walled community to the east of the miner mountain.nearby,a nordic trade post expands trading.a monestary is planned inside the walled community.

pic 1: decorations added
pic 2:fodder stables uses thatch for feed
pic 3:nordic trade dock
pic 4: fenced community with monestary

brads3

YEAR 76-77

the bannies planted roses along the monestary.they added a cemetary,healer,record office,a blacksmith,school,and a small market.they make hardened tools and deer sausages.they fish and grow rockmelons,barley,and strawberries.they have plans of making jams and bread.to supply sugar,a sugarhouse is built near the ketchup factory to process sugarbeets.while upgrading their roads,they did run us low on stone.

we now have 142 students.the education level is already up to 5%.

pic 1 and 2: wall community,this ate our stone
pic 3; sugarhouse

brads3

YEAR 78-80

I was surprised the education level went up so fast.since it is,i will start moving bannies to a city in the center of the map.in order to do this,more items will be needed for construction.the production mine area will be expanded.now somr of this may not work due to using 1.06 CC and mixing with 1.07 parts and other mods. a glass factory,brick maker,and a CC building supply are needed.the townhouses say they need furnishings not furniture.this will take some time.

while we wait for production buildings and stone,and can be cleared and roads layed out. i have traded for some tiles,bricks,and glass over the years.most has been used up by now.

old smokey will smoke the bison meat.a 2nd stables is built.

pic 1:nordic brickworks,this does function.the nordic bs above it has made wheel barrows and iron tools.not sure what the bannies did with the extra wheel barrows.had took a few in trade and when needed they were gone.made more than needed for the trade dock as well.

pic 2: old smokey,the firewood efforts have paid off
pic 3: 2nd stables

brads3

YEAR 80 REVIEW

education has improved to 10%.we do need more schools.population 934,144 students.202 houses,6 schools,and 7 trading posts. food and firewood productions are much improved.we do take some food and thatch on trade.
           with stone and iron being short after construction of the wall community, the bannies have used up tools.there are blacksmiths making rough,stone,wood,iron,steel,and hardened tools.more mine and quarry workers have been sent.

pic 1:yr 80 stats and limits
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food and firewood graphs

Nilla

Brad, Brad! ;)

Food - under control
Firewood- under control  :)
Tools................ :P :-\

Always something missing.............

But go on buddy, you'll manage this, too! :)